Hello impeachment, goodbye democracy.

The last presidential election result was a surprise to many. It was the first time in decades that what we call the "silent majority" came into play. All the polls indicated that Clinton had it in the bag and the national media sang the praises of those polls nightly. But the media never tried to hide its partisanship and the people just stayed quiet before they voted in opposition to what was called the "Ministry of Truth" in Orwell's novel.

The reaction to that surprise was swift and sure. The state went into a frenzy of self defense using the media as a kind of cavalry to attack the result from as many sides as possible. The very existence of a large powerful state was at stake and the fact that an upstart was using concrete solutions to fix complex problems was devastating to the notion that only the state was capable of leading.

These impeachment proceedings reveal the state in all its disingenuous glory. The state lost its connection to the people long ago and the operatives or functionaries that appear as witnesses do not make sympathetic victims at the hands of what they say is a fool. That "fool" has a connection to the people the state threw away in its haste for power over the people.

There are two disturbing trends afoot from this: The first is the state's growing inclination to do away with the Electoral College which it scapegoats to explain its misery. The second is its attack on hearsay evidence. Hearsay evidence is dismissed out of hand as a stalwart of our legal system.

The state in in the hands of the people. Trump will succeed again.

Both Clinton and Nixon were roadkill in impeachment because there was no doubt about guilt. Clinton actually lied under oath. Nixon was smart enough to step aside and avoid a real investigation. Trump has been under attack since he took office and "pin the crime on the offender" has been in effect since day one of his administration.

Spoiler alert: the people know this.

impeachment IS democracy

stonewalling congress, ignoring subpoenas, refusing to allow party members to testify under oath is ABUSE OF POWER
false witnesses is a coup
Nobody is arguing with the facts, not even Trump. Ukraine is on the front line against Russia and he screwed with them and the battle against gigantic assholes like Putin. very suspicious just like all those meetings with the Russians and their hacking of the DNC etc which cost Hillary the election by the way. Only garbage propaganda and zombies like you make this gigantic GOP mess possible.

Using the FBI and the DOJ as political weapons is a coup
Yes your 1000 th phony Scandal without a retraction. When the IG report comes out in a couple of weeks that will be found to be total garbage also. You live on an imaginary planet and are the scariest thing I've ever seen in US politics. And in our history.

Both Clinton and Nixon were roadkill in impeachment because there was no doubt about guilt. Clinton actually lied under oath. Nixon was smart enough to step aside and avoid a real investigation. Trump has been under attack since he took office and "pin the crime on the offender" has been in effect since day one of his administration.

Spoiler alert: the people know this.
What you right-wing ignoramuses call the people are brainwashed functional morons of the greedy idiot mega Rich GOP billionaires who run this party. Murdoch the Koch brothers etc. The propagandists and the orange scumbag Brat.

impeachment IS democracy

stonewalling congress, ignoring subpoenas, refusing to allow party members to testify under oath is ABUSE OF POWER
Impeachment isn't a Democracy........it is a political process..........Had a different MEANING from the Founders.............as a REPUBLIC..............

And the checks and balances are still there................you can't get by the Senate......and if you don't like Executive Powers.............you can't get by the Judiciary.......

Poor things...........trapped in your own Clown Show.

You have to be very careful about fucking with karma. Trump wanted the last two president impeached, and he worked very hard for several years in particular to get Obama overthrown.

BLITZER: Nancy Pelosi, the Speaker?

TRUMP: When she first got in and was named speaker, I met her. And I'm very impressed by her. I think she's a very impressive person, I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn't do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush. It just seemed like she was really going to look to impeach Bush and get him out of office. Which personally I think would have been a wonderful thing.

BLITZER: To impeach him?

TRUMP: For the war! For the war! Well, he lied! He got us into the war with lies! I mean, look at the trouble Bill Clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant. They tried to impeach him, which was nonsense. And yet Bush got us into this horrible war with lies, by lying. By saying they had weapons of mass destruction.

trump-tweet-birther.jpg

Karma is now bitch slapping the shit out of Extortionist-In-Chief Donald Trump.

Except.........he didnt extort and yes the two previous buffoons had many offenses that were impeachable. Much moreso than wild bill.

You have to be very careful about fucking with karma. Trump wanted the last two president impeached, and he worked very hard for several years in particular to get Obama overthrown.

BLITZER: Nancy Pelosi, the Speaker?

TRUMP: When she first got in and was named speaker, I met her. And I'm very impressed by her. I think she's a very impressive person, I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn't do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush. It just seemed like she was really going to look to impeach Bush and get him out of office. Which personally I think would have been a wonderful thing.

BLITZER: To impeach him?

TRUMP: For the war! For the war! Well, he lied! He got us into the war with lies! I mean, look at the trouble Bill Clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant. They tried to impeach him, which was nonsense. And yet Bush got us into this horrible war with lies, by lying. By saying they had weapons of mass destruction.

trump-tweet-birther.jpg

Karma is now bitch slapping the shit out of Extortionist-In-Chief Donald Trump.

Except.........he didnt extort and yes the two previous buffoons had many offenses that were impeachable. Much moreso than wild bill.

Technically poison gas is not only a weapon of mass destruction but also one used by both Iraq and Syria against civilians

Impeachment is one part of the foundation of a democracy and republic.

Forum List

Back