Hello from Iowa!

Indacup

Rookie
Oct 29, 2013
In the Heartland
Born and raised in So. California....moved here to Iowa a few years ago and feel really comfy here.... In "Live" company, I've always made it a rule to never discuss:
1) Sex
2) Politics
3) Religion

and a decade or so ago when I was still in California....

4) The OJ Simpson trial

I learned a long time ago, I cannot classify myself as either a hardcore Conservative nor Liberal....I like philosophies from both sides I guess that makes me: "Bi-litical"?

Aside from my REAL job, and my personal (side) business...I am also a city councilman here in my small little town.

I have many times felt strongly on certain political stances...but am happy to say, that I have periodically changed stance once I got more information in....saying: "Opps, I made a mistake (I feel) is better than realizing you are wrong, and not admitting it and fighting an argment you no longer believe in/or doubt due to ego.

Look forward to meeting all of you and stimulating conversation and sharing of thoughts!

Welcome to USMB, Indacup...:)

53b41fd0-375a-4eeb-9081-36ff250fce11_zps7c4d1f35.jpg

Born and raised in So. California....moved here to Iowa a few years ago and feel really comfy here.... In "Live" company, I've always made it a rule to never discuss:
1) Sex
2) Politics
3) Religion

and a decade or so ago when I was still in California....

4) The OJ Simpson trial

I learned a long time ago, I cannot classify myself as either a hardcore Conservative nor Liberal....I like philosophies from both sides I guess that makes me: "Bi-litical"?

Aside from my REAL job, and my personal (side) business...I am also a city councilman here in my small little town.

I have many times felt strongly on certain political stances...but am happy to say, that I have periodically changed stance once I got more information in....saying: "Opps, I made a mistake (I feel) is better than realizing you are wrong, and not admitting it and fighting an argment you no longer believe in/or doubt due to ego.

Look forward to meeting all of you and stimulating conversation and sharing of thoughts!

You sound like a very wise man. John F. Kennedy was a wise man, too. He always admitted when he was wrong, in his opinion ( Bay of Pigs ) and the country empathized with him and forgave him and maintained their respect for him. Wish we had more of that these days....when someone could admit to the country, they had been wrong.

Thanks for a great introduction and WELCOME to USMB, Indacup....:D

Forum List

Back