Hello from Germany

I do NOT think this place will give you a honest vision of what AMERICANS think like.

This place is loaded with neo-Nazis, and Zionists neither of whom truly represents the average American's point of view about most anything.

What you will find here is the EXTREMIST PARTISANS' points of view on most issues.

So this is a fun place but it most definitely NOT real America/

Good morning, it´s 8.30 a.m. in Germany :eusa_angel:
At first: I´M SO SORRY! My english is not so good and I hope it gets better after a while.
I admit that I'm curious about the opinions of citizens of the United States. In particular, because of the monitoring practices in your Country.

Thank you for allowing me to be here in this Discussion Forum and forgive me all my spelling Errors now and in future! :eusa_shifty:

Choosy

Hi and welcome. I hope you enjoy the forums!!

Welcome Aboard … I was stationed in Katterbach, outside of Ansbach not far from Nuremberg for a couple of years.

Portions of the legislation penalize policies and their holders … When the coverage they choose exceeds the limitations of the standard “bulk rate” crap the government offers.

In other words … Not only do our tax dollars subsidize the ACA to start with … If we choose to have a better plan on our own, with no assistance from the government … We will be taxed up to 40% of the cost of the plan in addition to what we already pay.
Some people here do not trust the government to have our best interests in mind … Do not want their programs that don't work … And are both capable and willing to take care of ourselves.
For the government to charge us even more than they already are … Just to punish us for not trusting in their inability to take care of anything … Is wrong.

Before you start wondering about why don't we trust the government … Go back and read your own comments about what you don't like about our meddling in what we shouldn't be meddling in.
The ACA is more of our stupid government sticking its nose in where it isn't wanted and doesn't belong.

Okay, I don't know what ACA means.
I wonder about many things that happen across the Atlantic and I'm trying to understand. That's why I am in this forum. And I never punishes you for not trusting the government. Be watchful and critical - that's Democracy!

I do NOT think this place will give you a honest vision of what AMERICANS think like.

This place is loaded with neo-Nazis, and Zionists neither of whom truly represents the average American's point of view about most anything.

What you will find here is the EXTREMIST PARTISANS' points of view on most issues.

So this is a fun place but it most definitely NOT real America/

I quite believe it! So it is also in our German Political Forums. When somebody read the threads in there he may thinks all Germans are already Nazis. :eek:

Okay, I don't know what ACA means.
I wonder about many things that happen across the Atlantic and I'm trying to understand. That's why I am in this forum. And I never punishes you for not trusting the government. Be watchful and critical - that's Democracy!

The ACA is the Affordable Care Act ... Or what you probably know as ObamaCare.

The rest of what you said looks like you got turned around in translation ... No worries, there is not a problem on my part with trusting anyone in Germany.
My comments were not directed at the German's trust or need to punish us for anything.
My time there was pleasant and rewarding ... And the only thing a little odd to me about Germans is that they have a dry sense of humor (if any).

Great people ... Fun place to be with good friends.

At first: I´M SO SORRY! My english is not so good and I hope it gets better after a while.
I admit that I'm curious about the opinions of citizens of the United States. In particular, because of the monitoring practices in your Country.

Thank you for allowing me to be here in this Discussion Forum and forgive me all my spelling Errors now and in future! :eusa_shifty:

Choosy
Welcome to USMB, choosy. Hope you enjoy the boards. Visited your beautiful country in 1989 and again around the year 2000.

th

The ACA is the Affordable Care Act ... Or what you probably know as ObamaCare.

The rest of what you said looks like you got turned around in translation ... No worries, there is not a problem on my part with trusting anyone in Germany.
My comments were not directed at the German's trust or need to punish us for anything.
My time there was pleasant and rewarding ... And the only thing a little odd to me about Germans is that they have a dry sense of humor (if any).

Great people ... Fun place to be with good friends.

"Lost in Translation" :lol:
Thank you ...

I lived 5 years in Germany. 2 years in Bad Kissingen and 3 years in Bamberg. Wife is from Heidenheim an der Brenz.

Your wife is from Heidenheim? Don't she have any Homesick? :(

No. She doesn't get homesick. I had a good job offer in Germany. I really want to live there but she said no. She loves America. Now she has been offered a teaching job in Austria. She is seriously thinking about it. I hope she takes it. I really like Austria. We honeymooned in Vienna.

No. She doesn't get homesick. I had a good job offer in Germany. I really want to live there but she said no. She loves America. Now she has been offered a teaching job in Austria. She is seriously thinking about it. I hope she takes it. I really like Austria. We honeymooned in Vienna.

Good luck! :)

Choosy

It's not the "monitoring practices in our country"

It's the monitoring practices of Obama and his Brownshirts.

WELCOME Choosy and please take heed of Warrior's post to you. It can all be addressed in the politics forum. So happy you have joined our lively group. :D

Choosy

It's not the "monitoring practices in our country"

It's the monitoring practices of Obama and his Brownshirts.

We think Obama has taken this practices from George W. Bush - we hate him so much :evil:

Now you have my curiosity up - why do Germans "hate" G.W.Bush so much?

[Long before you were born, I spent 12 years in France, Germany, and Austria and was, at one time, quite fluent in German - now speak fluent Spanish]

Guten Morgen (great!) TK,

you are from Georgia, Athens. A beautiful but poor City, isn't it?

Choosy

Actually yeah, we have one of the highest poverty rates in America.

Are you also against the health insurance? So many poor people can't pay for healthy in the USA. (that´s what we think in Europe) That's not fair, is it?

Eh? Make a thread about healthcare in the healthcare forum. Don't interrogate me.

:eusa_eh:

Last edited:

Choosy
Welcome! I'm a newcomer to the site as well.

I envy the fact that you live in the country that hosts Oktoberfest. What a great part of your culture. Munich is definitely a must visit during my lifetime. I hear that you can get a 2 pint mug at the event (full of course) for under 10 euros. I'll bet they televise the opening/closing ceremonies.

Welcome from LA...............

Lower Alabama..............

Roll Tide.................

Choosy

Hello and welcome!

Welcome! I'm a newcomer to the site as well.
I envy the fact that you live in the country that hosts Oktoberfest. What a great part of your culture. Munich is definitely a must visit during my lifetime. I hear that you can get a 2 pint mug at the event (full of course) for under 10 euros. I'll bet they televise the opening/closing ceremonies.

Oh for sure Munich is a great City and the Oktoberfest is unique. And yes - you can get a 2 pint mug for under 10 €. But that is really expensive! If you went to munich in summer (not September or October) there's always Party im Englischen Garten. It's a Park larger than Central Park in New York! You can get your 2 Pint mug for 6 € in different Biergardens! You can also buy your cold beer in supermarkets and take it into the park to drink it! A 1 pint bottle for 0,60 €!
I've heard that drinking and smoking are prohibited in public also in Central Park. That's strange :)

Forum List

Back