Hello from Germany

Good morning, it´s 8.30 a.m. in Germany :eusa_angel:
At first: I´M SO SORRY! My english is not so good and I hope it gets better after a while.
I admit that I'm curious about the opinions of citizens of the United States. In particular, because of the monitoring practices in your Country.

Thank you for allowing me to be here in this Discussion Forum and forgive me all my spelling Errors now and in future! :eusa_shifty:

Choosy

velkommen_skilt.jpg

as far as spying, that's Obama, he's a petty tyrant and there's nothing that will be done about it.

It's not the "monitoring practices in our country"
It's the monitoring practices of Obama and his Brownshirts.
We think Obama has taken this practices from George W. Bush - we hate him so much :evil:

Now you have my curiosity up - why do Germans "hate" G.W.Bush so much?
[Long before you were born, I spent 12 years in France, Germany, and Austria and was, at one time, quite fluent in German - now speak fluent Spanish]

Sorry, I've overlook your post :eusa_shifty:
We prefer Al Gore!
The worst thing Bush has done was to build an illegal prison in Guantanamo!
Iraq war without Uno-Mandate. Eavesdropping programs without judicial approval! Financial crisis although he adopted a balanced Budget
He took all the money for his military plans.
I could better explain in german :eusa_shifty:

We think Obama has taken this practices from George W. Bush - we hate him so much :evil:

Now you have my curiosity up - why do Germans "hate" G.W.Bush so much?
[Long before you were born, I spent 12 years in France, Germany, and Austria and was, at one time, quite fluent in German - now speak fluent Spanish]

Sorry, I've overlook your post :eusa_shifty:
We prefer Al Gore!
The worst thing Bush has done was to build an illegal prison in Guantanamo!
Iraq war without Uno-Mandate. Eavesdropping programs without judicial approval! Financial crisis although he adopted a balanced Budget
He took all the money for his military plans.
I could better explain in german :eusa_shifty:

We prefer Al Gore! Why? He's a first class liar.
The worst thing Bush has done was to build an illegal prison in Guantanamo! It's been there for decades and is not illegal
Iraq war without Uno-Mandate. We don't need the UN permission, Germany could have chosen to stay home. Eavesdropping programs without judicial approval! sadly he got it.Financial crisis although he adopted a balanced Budget I see you believe the media and did no checking on your own.
He took all the money for his military plans. Now that's just an ignorant thing to say.

Welcome! I'm a newcomer to the site as well.
I envy the fact that you live in the country that hosts Oktoberfest. What a great part of your culture. Munich is definitely a must visit during my lifetime. I hear that you can get a 2 pint mug at the event (full of course) for under 10 euros. I'll bet they televise the opening/closing ceremonies.

Oh for sure Munich is a great City and the Oktoberfest is unique. And yes - you can get a 2 pint mug for under 10 €. But that is really expensive! If you went to munich in summer (not September or October) there's always Party im Englischen Garten. It's a Park larger than Central Park in New York! You can get your 2 Pint mug for 6 € in different Biergardens! You can also buy your cold beer in supermarkets and take it into the park to drink it! A 1 pint bottle for 0,60 €!
I've heard that drinking and smoking are prohibited in public also in Central Park. That's strange :)
Summer in Munich does sound great, however I don't believe that I'd head all the way out to Germany and miss out on the Oktoberfest festivities. So I'd probably head out there mid to late September (at the start of the Oktoberfest activities). As for drinking in public, you folks appear to have some pretty liberal rules in that regard. Here, unless we are at an event of some type (like a sporting event- football or baseball), we generally cannot just drink out in public. The exception being Las Vegas, there you can legally walk the main strip with an alcoholic beverage in hand.

Hello and Welcome, Choosy.

Don't mind all the rhetoric against Obama and Obamacare. Most of them don't truly know how Obamacare going to work and are just repeating the nonsense they have been told by rw sources. Also, some claim they hate GW Bush, but they would take him back as Pres in a NY minute, even as bad as he was for the country.

Anyway, this is not the place to discuss politics - this is the area where we welcome newcomers, and I think you will fit right in.

So enjoy yourself.

We prefer Al Gore! Why? He's a first class liar.
The worst thing Bush has done was to build an illegal prison in Guantanamo! It's been there for decades and is not illegal
Iraq war without Uno-Mandate. We don't need the UN permission, Germany could have chosen to stay home. Eavesdropping programs without judicial approval! sadly he got it.Financial crisis although he adopted a balanced Budget I see you believe the media and did no checking on your own.
He took all the money for his military plans. Now that's just an ignorant thing to say.

Sorry, I really love the USA but Mr. Bush makes me crazy! :cuckoo:

It is common in the US to keep people imprisoned without a court and law legal assistance? I never mind! We've also had prisons like Guantanamo; for example in Ausschwitz!

We have choosen to stay home - and it was quite right. The invation was against international law, wasn't it? I know - you do not care! The last time that we have invaded a country without any legitimation was in 1939! We are able to learn from our mistakes!
National Security Strategy - Bush-Doctrin - had made this "pre-emptive strike" possible!

Bush hasn't taken a balanced State-Budget??? Bill Clinton took care of the problems in the country. There was no need for himself being the sherrif of the world! Bill Clinton was able to balance the State Budget - the first time since 1969!!!!

Bush has taken State-Budget, that was needed for Civil Protection and homeland security for his war in Iraq! To disguise this facts he severely curtailed the Freedom of Information Act!

Bush is the Person of the year „... for sharpening the debate until the choices bled, for reframing reality to match his design, for gambling his fortunes – and ours – on his faith in the power of leadership ...“ (Time Magazin, 2004) :eusa_boohoo:

Hahaaa!
You're complaining to a German that you're suffering under a tyrant?

and?

Please don't make an ignorant hitler reference
Would it be more or less ignorant than your 'tyranny' hyperbole I wonder?
But, I could also mention Ulbricht & Honecker...why not even Stalin?

You would like Honecker -he spied the population of the GDR! It called Stasi - it's like NSA. :eusa_angel: Fortunately for me, I was born in West Germany! Spying without a court order is prohibited in here! :eek:
But what's about Stalin? Occupying power of GDR! I didn't suffer under any tyrant - not even under Hitler, but my grandparents did!

and?

Please don't make an ignorant hitler reference

You would like Honecker -he spied the population of the GDR! It called Stasi - it's like NSA. :eusa_angel: Fortunately for me, I was born in West Germany! Spying without a court order is prohibited in here! :eek:
But what's about Stalin? Occupying power of GDR! I didn't suffer under any tyrant - not even under Hitler, but my grandparents did!

No problems choosy...I think we might be losing something in translation.

I think it is funny that Two Thumbs is telling you, a German, that Obama is a tyrant.
Your country knows what a real tyrant looks like.

Two Thumbs hates Obama so much that he has to use a really bad word for him.

I think it is funny that Two Thumbs is telling you, a German, that Obama is a tyrant.

Oh sorry - now I've got it :eusa_shifty: my english urgent need to get better!

Last edited:

Your English is infinitely better than my German

Your English is infinitely better than my German

:smiliehug:

Sorry, I really love the USA but Mr. Bush makes me crazy! :cuckoo:

It is common in the US to keep people imprisoned without a court and law legal assistance? I never mind! We've also had prisons like Guantanamo; for example in Ausschwitz!

We have choosen to stay home - and it was quite right. The invation was against international law, wasn't it? I know - you do not care! The last time that we have invaded a country without any legitimation was in 1939! We are able to learn from our mistakes!
National Security Strategy - Bush-Doctrin - had made this "pre-emptive strike" possible!

Bush hasn't taken a balanced State-Budget??? Bill Clinton took care of the problems in the country. There was no need for himself being the sherrif of the world! Bill Clinton was able to balance the State Budget - the first time since 1969!!!!

Bush has taken State-Budget, that was needed for Civil Protection and homeland security for his war in Iraq! To disguise this facts he severely curtailed the Freedom of Information Act!

Bush is the Person of the year „... for sharpening the debate until the choices bled, for reframing reality to match his design, for gambling his fortunes – and ours – on his faith in the power of leadership ...“ (Time Magazin, 2004) :eusa_boohoo:

Choosy, you are so right. I hope you really get involved in the Forum, you seem to have a lot to offer. :lol::lol:

Tyrants rule by force or coercion.

If you don't by ins you are fined, that's coercion.

If you don't join the aca, there's an 85% chance your hc policy will be cancelled.

See how I'm using facts?

Hitler, Stalin, etc, were ruthless, murderous tyrants.

obama is just a tyrant.

Forum List

Back