Hello Everyone

Welcome to USMB, Tom. :)

2469528h5wty2nwxw_zps4cce12cd.gif

Welcome to USMB.

I hope you've had all of your shots.

Thank you all for taking the time to give me a warm welcome. I'm impressed with this place. Lots of action and plenty of folks on both sides of issues.

I'm brand new here. Just got myself set up and it's off to the forums. Nice to be here. Looks like an interesting place.

- Tom

Welcome Agent Tom. There's a lot of interesting characters here to be sure. Come on in, pull up a chair, sit down by one of the campfires and relax.

Nice :)

Did you bring me a cookie? I like oatmeal raisin the best.
The oatmeal raisin cookie is the most deplorable of all cookies ever created. Not entirely because of the taste--which is bad enough--but because it disguises itself as a chocolate chip cookie. The attraction is too great to resist. It calls out, like a siren, saying "Come and taste my warm, melt-in-your-mouth chocolaty goodness..." only to laugh in your face when you take that bite...

I loathe oatmeal raisin cookies.... and anyone who likes them. :evil:

:razz::razz::razz:

Just kidding!

------------------

Me? Opinionated? Naw....

I've looked around and can't find an explanation. Can someone tell me what the symbols mean involving reputation? The things that look like medals, and the line of circles with colors?

Also, I submitted a reputation thing on someone for their post and realized that it sends them a PM, and then they sent me a PM. So does that mean whenever you give someone a thumbs up or thumbs down, affecting their reputation, they are told who did it?

Under quick links tab at the top, under edit options, you can set yourself to receive a PM every time someone gives you a reputation. You can turn this on or off. If you turn it off you can still go under user CP and check yourself what reputation you got and who gave it to you and their comments if they give any.

You can leave either a positive or negative reputation for someone based on a single post they made and they will know who did it if they get PM's or choose to look. It will add to or subtract from your reputation score. There's a reputation FAQ's for newbies you can check out under the intro. section here. It's a sticky and will answer your questions.

No one has ever figured out what those medals mean that I have ever see except that the more you have, the higher your reputation.

Oh, and one more thing. Under the same area, quick links, edit options, you can turn your rep on and off-you'll see the medals or a black circle if you turned it off but your score will still show. Also, if you so choose, you can PM a mod and opt out.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/intro...tation-101-reps-for-newbie-s-of-the-usmb.html

Last edited:

Forum List

Back