Hello everyone!

JeannieD

Keyboard Warrior
Aug 23, 2012
I'm a noob, and although I have already made a few posts I thought I'd say hello and introduce myself to everyone.

I live in the PNW, and I'm a right leaning Independent who questions all sides. This looks like a great place with lots of great dialogue and also a place where a two sentence post can earn one an enemy for life :D

I look forward to being a part of the community.

Cheers!
Jeannie

Hello JeannieD... mmm..there's something about you that I just seem to like, I may be your smooth delivery or balanced approach...:dunno:

eh, I guess we'll figure it out, welcome to the USMB...:thup:

Last edited:
I'm a noob, and although I have already made a few posts I thought I'd say hello and introduce myself to everyone.

I live in the PNW, and I'm a right leaning Independent who questions all sides. This looks like a great place with lots of great dialogue and also a place where a two sentence post can earn one an enemy for life :D

Cheers!
Jeannie

Welcome JeannieD. I am a liberal who will question your position and your sources...so come fully prepared...

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Last edited:

Cheers!
Jeannie

You're right. There's a lot of angry young men posting here.

The cyber-punkism force is strong in this place

Cheers!
Jeannie

Hi Jeannie! Great to have you! Love your dog!

Welcome. You have the same first name and initial as my wife before we got married. Name is spelled different though.

Welcome JeannieD. I am a liberal who will question your position and your sources...so come fully prepared...

Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Being prepared is one of the first things I learned in school, in fact it's second nature to me.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Being prepared is one of the first things I learned in school, in fact it's second nature to me.

Then my first question JeannieD; if you do prepare, how could you possibly be right leaning? The truth has a very liberal bias.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Then my first question JeannieD; if you do prepare, how could you possibly be right leaning? The truth has a very liberal bias.

You sound as is you are eager to debate with and vett me, which is fine. I'll start out by saying one thing, which is that I didn't join here to try to persuade nor to necessarily be persuaded.

That said, as an independent I have no party affiliation and I'm not in love either presidential candidate this go round. I find myself in the position of picking the lesser of two evils.

The biggest issue for me that causes me to lean more to the right is government entitlement spending. Rather than post a bunch of links that break the numbers down by each individual entitlement program i.e. food stamps, TANF, Medicaid etc., I'll post a couple for now:

32 million households, or 27.1 percent, benefited from at least one means-tested poverty program. The biggest benefits here were Medicaid (19.5 percent), food stamps (12.7 percent) and subsidized lunches (11.2 percent)

Who receives government benefits, in six charts

Social security:

A record 5.4 million workers and their dependents have signed up to collect federal disability checks since President Obama took office, according to the latest official government data, as discouraged workers increasingly give up looking for jobs and take advantage of the federal program.

By April there were a total of 10.8 million people on disability, according to Social Security Administration data released this week. Even after accounting for all those who've left the program — about 700,000 drop out each year, mainly because they hit retirement age or died — that's up 53% from a decade ago

Read More At IBD: Disabled America: 5.4 Million Join Social Security Disability Insurance Rolls Under Obama - Investors.com

Social Security claims are currently being rushed through the approval process without adequate review due in part to a backlog of claims and understaffing. Eventually, there will come a time where there is a crackdown on Social Security recipients and innocent people with legitimate disabilities will be placed under intense scrutiny and caught up in the net.

Social Security wrongly awarding disability benefits? | Fox News Video

Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Your turn: Has Obama exacerbated the racial divide, or has he helped to close the gap? What steps has he taken?

Your turn: Has Obama exacerbated the racial divide, or has he helped to close the gap? What steps has he taken?

With all due respect, he is going to tell you that the right is the culprit. Welcome to the board.

You sound as is you are eager to debate with and vett me, which is fine. I'll start out by saying one thing, which is that I didn't join here to try to persuade nor to necessarily be persuaded.

That said, as an independent I have no party affiliation and I'm not in love either presidential candidate this go round. I find myself in the position of picking the lesser of two evils.

The biggest issue for me that causes me to lean more to the right is government entitlement spending. Rather than post a bunch of links that break the numbers down by each individual entitlement program i.e. food stamps, TANF, Medicaid etc., I'll post a couple for now:

32 million households, or 27.1 percent, benefited from at least one means-tested poverty program. The biggest benefits here were Medicaid (19.5 percent), food stamps (12.7 percent) and subsidized lunches (11.2 percent)

Who receives government benefits, in six charts

Social security:

A record 5.4 million workers and their dependents have signed up to collect federal disability checks since President Obama took office, according to the latest official government data, as discouraged workers increasingly give up looking for jobs and take advantage of the federal program.

By April there were a total of 10.8 million people on disability, according to Social Security Administration data released this week. Even after accounting for all those who've left the program — about 700,000 drop out each year, mainly because they hit retirement age or died — that's up 53% from a decade ago

Read More At IBD: Disabled America: 5.4 Million Join Social Security Disability Insurance Rolls Under Obama - Investors.com

Social Security claims are currently being rushed through the approval process without adequate review due in part to a backlog of claims and understaffing. Eventually, there will come a time where there is a crackdown on Social Security recipients and innocent people with legitimate disabilities will be placed under intense scrutiny and caught up in the net.

Social Security wrongly awarding disability benefits? | Fox News Video

So you are blaming President Obama for demographics (increase of disability claims) and the fact were are recovering from the worst recession since the Great Depression (increase in food stamps, TANF, Medicaid etc.)?

Then, you are expecting your two right wing sources to tell you the truth?

Do you understand what the Social Security Act entails?

The Social Security Act of 1935 (Public Law 74-271) created the Federal-State Unemployment Compensation (UC) Program. The program has two main objectives: (1) to provide temporary and partial wage replacement to involuntarily unemployed workers who were recently employed; and (2) to help stabilize the economy during recessions.

As I said, the truth has a very liberal bias. Why? Because liberals always invest very heavily in human capital. Would you just cut off these elderly, children and disabled?

During the Great Depression conservatives raised objections to F.D.R.’s programs. They said the economy must be left alone and it would correct itself in the long run. Commerce Secretary Harry Hopkins shot back: “People don’t eat in the long run. They eat every day.”

Cheers!
Jeannie

Welcome....Try not to let the retard progressives deter you....Most of us can tie our shoes.

Forum List

Back