‘Hell to pay’: Puerto Rico Governor to investigate delays in water, food deliveries

lip service. No one will anything.
what would you like for them to do?

the entire premise is bullshit. the headline says they are going to investigate delays.

the story says "if there are delays there will be hell to pay"

so they don't even know if we have delays *to* investigate?

Trump had 30 days to get them distributed & failed!

and, he still hasn't mowed my yard yet, either, the bum!
Trump has 2 million military people that can distribute emergency aid, water, food, restore, water, food, electric, roads, communications regardless of the conditions of it's devastated local government & it's infrastructure. It's been 35 day's since Trump declared Puerto Rico state of emergency & could not even get bottled water delivered. 35 US citizens died there over that period of time.

Oh?

According to this, it's 1,373,650

Total Available Active Military Manpower by Country

Not all of those are relief workers. Duh!

So you're saying ..oh nevermind, you're Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!

Where'd you pull those figures from? Your colon?
You left out 810,800 National Guard & Reserves

So all bases around the world should be abandoned and all NG troops called up because: Puerto Rico, amirite? :cuckoo:

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs! :badgrin:
You are the idiot! PR needed about 35,000 troops with container moving equipment on the ground after the storm passed. There are finally about 10,000 troops there after yelling at Trump for a month. Now he wants to pull them back.

President Trump, FEMA, Red Cross, none of them could have known that PR wasn't ready for emergency supply distribution. Don't be disingenuous...

and, he still hasn't mowed my yard yet, either, the bum!
Trump has 2 million military people that can distribute emergency aid, water, food, restore, water, food, electric, roads, communications regardless of the conditions of it's devastated local government & it's infrastructure. It's been 35 day's since Trump declared Puerto Rico state of emergency & could not even get bottled water delivered. 35 US citizens died there over that period of time.

Oh?

According to this, it's 1,373,650

Total Available Active Military Manpower by Country

Not all of those are relief workers. Duh!

So you're saying ..oh nevermind, you're Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!

Where'd you pull those figures from? Your colon?
You left out 810,800 National Guard & Reserves

So all bases around the world should be abandoned and all NG troops called up because: Puerto Rico, amirite? :cuckoo:

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs! :badgrin:
You are the idiot! PR needed about 35,000 troops with container moving equipment on the ground after the storm passed. There are finally about 10,000 troops there after yelling at Trump for a month. Now he wants to pull them back.

So, suddenly you're an Imperialist Pig when it involves Trump bashing. In other words, you're just another astro-turfing fraud whose only interests is your loser ideological witlessness. Okay, we got that.

It's about accessibility, for some reason urban lefties don't get it. They have no concept that it becomes exceedingly difficult to move products when you have no functional roads. 13 miles sounds so small, but depending on the terrain it can very easily be /impassible/ as in we cannot get through it. We cannot just fly a thousand helicopters to every little village, its not logistically possible, planes cannot land, so we're left in a huge mess of having to drop supplies - outside of town so it doesn't kill anyone, which means people have the opportunity to loot it and there may be damages from the fall and so forth. Hell, even if we had transporter technology figured out we couldn't get supplies to some of these places, no power, no platform, etc.

It's unfortunate for those suffering no doubt, but it's reality. Nature owns this planet, we humans can only tame it temporarily...
Why do you call hungry & thirsty survivors grabbing food & water looters? There is no way to pay for stuff without power & communications! The military doesn't need roads, bridges or any kind of infrastructure to distribute supplies. Landing craft, mobile bridges, hovercraft, helicopters, container dollies, etc would have got this done in a few days.

It's about accessibility, for some reason urban lefties don't get it. They have no concept that it becomes exceedingly difficult to move products when you have no functional roads. 13 miles sounds so small, but depending on the terrain it can very easily be /impassible/ as in we cannot get through it. We cannot just fly a thousand helicopters to every little village, its not logistically possible, planes cannot land, so we're left in a huge mess of having to drop supplies - outside of town so it doesn't kill anyone, which means people have the opportunity to loot it and there may be damages from the fall and so forth. Hell, even if we had transporter technology figured out we couldn't get supplies to some of these places, no power, no platform, etc.

It's unfortunate for those suffering no doubt, but it's reality. Nature owns this planet, we humans can only tame it temporarily...
Why do you call hungry & thirsty survivors grabbing food & water looters? There is no way to pay for stuff without power & communications! The military doesn't need roads, bridges or any kind of infrastructure to distribute supplies. Landing craft, mobile bridges, hovercraft, helicopters, container dollies, etc would have got this done in a few days.

As I understand it, people are stealing the aid that's being dropped and selling it - I call that looting, yes.

Bullshit, the military needs roads to distribute all of that shit. Even /IF/ they had all those things you talk about in PR in a few days, they /still/ wouldn't have the distribution shit set up. You clearly have no idea what it's like to deal with devastation, or even just raw nature.

A real life example tree falls across my road in Eagle River, Alaska. Even if I see it at 6am, it's not likely to be out of my way until probably around noon - why? Because /I/ cannot cut it myself so I have to wait on someone who has the tools and equipment necessary to get it out of the way for me. Meanwhile 100 other roads have trees on them as well, there are simply not enough "emergency tree removal" folks on hand to clear every single tree in town, much less in the equivalent size area of devastation that is PR...

As a heads up, PR is likely going to take /years/ to recover from this. Don't blow your empathy wad too quickly.

As I understand it, people are stealing the aid that's being dropped and selling it - I call that looting, yes.

Bullshit, the military needs roads to distribute all of that shit. Even /IF/ they had all those things you talk about in PR in a few days, they /still/ wouldn't have the distribution shit set up. You clearly have no idea what it's like to deal with devastation, or even just raw nature.

A real life example tree falls across my road in Eagle River, Alaska. Even if I see it at 6am, it's not likely to be out of my way until probably around noon - why? Because /I/ cannot cut it myself so I have to wait on someone who has the tools and equipment necessary to get it out of the way for me. Meanwhile 100 other roads have trees on them as well, there are simply not enough "emergency tree removal" folks on hand to clear every single tree in town, much less in the equivalent size area of devastation that is PR...

As a heads up, PR is likely going to take /years/ to recover from this. Don't blow your empathy wad too quickly.
You are clueless. 35,000 troops & proper equipment could clear every tree off the roads in that small island in days.

You are clueless. 35,000 troops & proper equipment could clear every tree off the roads in that small island in days.

Do you know where PR is? How long would it take to organize getting all that equipment and troops to the island - gotta find the equipment, get it to a US port, get cargo ships (which are busy elsewhere and do not belong to the US government,) gotta know where to put that equipment (which requires PR to have their shit straight,) gotta fix ports so that cargo ships can actually get in there and off load the stuff (again PR should have a plan for that in emergencies,) and a thousand other details that need to be sorted out.

You cannot just run in there willy-nilly and hope to accomplish anything; and I personally suspect that's what PR did, having no plan what-so-ever they just expected everything to "happen" - and guess what, it didn't.

Do you know where PR is? How long would it take to organize getting all that equipment and troops to the island - gotta find the equipment, get it to a US port, get cargo ships (which are busy elsewhere and do not belong to the US government,) gotta know where to put that equipment (which requires PR to have their shit straight,) gotta fix ports so that cargo ships can actually get in there and off load the stuff (again PR should have a plan for that in emergencies,) and a thousand other details that need to be sorted out.

You cannot just run in there willy-nilly and hope to accomplish anything; and I personally suspect that's what PR did, having no plan what-so-ever they just expected everything to "happen" - and guess what, it didn't.

The poster is your typical Burb Brat 'radical' raised on mindless self-indulgence and instant gratification; they have zero clue on how to do anything that requires an attention span more than 4 seconds, and is going to whine incessantly when they don't get their way and all the adults fail to indulge their whims right away.

President Trump, FEMA, Red Cross, none of them could have known that PR wasn't ready for emergency supply distribution. Don't be disingenuous...
Because Trump had his head up his ass!

You should try what works on your parents; fall on the floor and and threaten to hold your breath and turn blue if you don't get your way. You and the other members of 'Da Resistance' can get together and hold a 'Blue In' in front of the White House and make it an Event. We would all enjoy seeing that as well as the media making out like it was a grand thing, with all you tards turning blue and stuff.

Last edited:

The poster is your typical Burb Brat 'radical' raised on mindless self-indulgence and instant gratification; they have zero clue on how to do anything that requires an attention span more than 4 seconds, and is going to whine incessantly when they don't get their way and all the adults fail to indulge their whims right away.

Urban brat yea. They just have zero clue what urban life is like and have zero ability to think through it all without assistance.

They always say that if there's a natural disaster flee the city because that's where the death and crime is going to be worst - urbanites have no clue how to survive on their own. ~shrug~

59db8ca8fc7e9372288b4567.jpg

It appears that not everybody has forgotten about the devastation in Puerto Rico.

Governor Ricardo Rossello of Puerto Rico has ordered an investigation over water and food distribution on the hurricane-battered island after complaints that the supplies were not reaching the people in some areas.

"If there is a place, a locality that is not delivering food to the people of Puerto Rico that need it, there's going to be some hell to pay," Rossello said on Monday, according to Reuters.

Rossello said the government was trying to identify problems in the distribution pipeline, looking to ensure that local leaders deliver resources to people as soon as they arrive in the municipality.

"I think that there are places where water is being withheld and food is being withheld," Rossello said. "We need to showcase it, we need to push it forward to the people."

More @ ‘Hell to pay’: Puerto Rico Governor to investigate delays in water, food deliveries

Governor Ricardo needs to investigate that outrage. Boatloads of water, food, fuel and supplies are moored in San Juan but there they sit without the inland getting anything. Governor Ricardo needs to get an FBI investigation and prosecuted to the furthest extent of the law.

The Puerto Rico Government was destroyed. Their drivers are fighting to stay alive. They can't deliver supplies. The Federal Government is charged with getting the supplies & relief directly to the people. The Trump Administration Failed to do it's job regardless of what local officials are doing.

The US has bigger fish to fry than Puerto Rico. The US Army was very recently told to get ready to fight North Korea. When the Glorious Leader themonuke's the East Bay???

Would that be because our glorious orange leader ask the pentagon 3 times "if we have nukes, then why can't we use them?"?

I think but not sure that The Joint Chiefs of Staff have ultimate authority for nuke use. Trump does not have the codes and if he did could not interpret the complicated jargon.

edit: for instance, COMSEVENTHFLT

You are a total jerk. The president HAS the codes. It only requires one other official to verify that the codes he presents are valid. He is the ONLY ONE who can authorize the use of nukes.

PR declared state of emergency on September 4th. It don't take that long. Should have been ready to land the moment the storm passed.

Setting the Teamsters Story in Puerto Rico Straight

I’ve been responsible for a number of posts blaming the union for the lack of drivers to move relief supplies from the ports to the people.

I am gladly admitting my error and wish to set things right.

What the stories don’t include, though, is what Valle said immediately after that, which is: “There should be zero blame on the drivers. They can’t get to work, the infrastructure is destroyed, they can’t get fuel themselves, and they can’t call us for help because there’s no communication. The will of the people of Puerto Rico is off the charts. The truck drivers have families to take care of, many of them have no food or water. They have to take care of their family’s needs before they go off to work, and once they do go, they can’t call home.”

Full story @ Puerto Rican Teamsters Stories are Bogus - FactCheck.org

PR declared state of emergency on September 4th. It don't take that long. Should have been ready to land the moment the storm passed.

You are wrong son, deal with it. You have no idea the logistics of what you're saying are.

It takes the city 24 hours to clear our streets after a snow storm - and we've got all the equipment ready to go, we've got all the workers on call to come out at a moments notice, /still/ doesn't get done immediately. That's just the way it is.

Here we are talking about getting equipment and manpower to an island that had no operable port, and, I believe, no plan at all to deal with the situation at hand. It sucks for the people, no doubt.

Related information - It takes about 1 day, 11 hours and 25 minutes to travel from Miami, Florida to Puerto Rico by ship. The distance is 1,020 miles.

More related information -

To fully unload, and then load a medium sized container ship of about 800 feet takes about 10-12 hrs. (figure 6 hrs to load then, yea?)

Drive time from New York to Florida: 18hrs 59mins

Time to load/unload a semi truck: Depends on what is on it , how well it's loaded, and who's doing the unloading. I've seen trucks get empty in 15 minutes and I've seen it take all day. Normally, it should take less than 2 hours.

----

News fact snips:

It’s three days after landfall before the main port in San Juan reopens. More than 1.6 million gallons of water, 23,000 cots and dozens of generators arrive on 11 ships. FEMA of Puerto Rico forgot the fuel.

Problems getting supplies and aid to residents: 12 of the 29 bridges that have been assessed are closed; another 65 are damaged.

As of Thursday [September 28], there were more than 10,000 containers at the site awaiting distribution, according to Puerto Rican state officials.

Gov. of PR [September 28]: Puerto Rico has received 4 million liters of water and expects to get another 7.5 million more. "Our biggest challenge has been the logistical assets to try to get some of the food and some of the water to different areas of Puerto Rico," he said. "The food is here and the water is here. Critically what we need is equipment, human resources, whether national guard or state guard," the governor said. He told reporters Thursday that the governors of New York and New Jersey were sending their National Guard troops, and that governors of other states had pledged similar assistance. Thousands of cargo containers filled with much-needed supplies are sitting at the island's ports, but distributing those items has been difficult. Rosselló also noted that Puerto Rico's physical isolation as an island remains a major complicating factor. "Puerto Rico, different to Florida or Texas, has no neighboring states that can actually drive to there and give quick aid," he said. "We need to fly assets over here and bring it by boat, and that has been a little bit of the bottleneck."

[October 11] There are currently 51 ships docked in San Juan, with 33 more expected arrivals as of Wednesday afternoon, according to marine-traffic data. Distributing goods throughout the island after arriving in port remains a challenge in Puerto Rico, and the Jones Act only applies to goods traveling by sea. Though the Jones Act waiver only led to one foreign ship transporting FEMA-related aid, Rosselló argued that any measure that allows more ships to arrive in Puerto Rico will help relief efforts. (For the record I think the Jones Act is kinda crappy - Alaska was in the same territory situation as PR is in, its rough on the local economy for sure. Though I disagree with Rossello in that it has shit to do with emergency supplies getting there. The distribution is the problem, the supplies are already there.)

Forum List

Back