Heart rending photos

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
These photos will break your heart but they're also hauntingly beautiful.

Parents Share Devastating, Beautiful Photos To Break Down The Silence Around Stillbirth

This summer, California couple Emily and Richard Staley went through one of the most devastating experiences parents can endure when Emily delivered a stillborn baby girl. But thanks to the help of one photographer, their tragedy might help break down the silence around the little-discussed topic of stillbirth.

After about eight months of pregnancy, Emily Staley had grown accustomed to her unborn daughter's energetic kicking, Fstoppers reports. So she knew something was wrong one morning when she didn't feel the baby moving at all. A hospital visit and ultrasound revealed the painful truth: Her baby had died in utero. Reeling from shock and grief, Staley arranged to deliver her stillborn daughter via C-section early the next morning, when Richard could be by her side. And, through the help of a friend, she arranged to have a photographer at the hospital to capture this important time for her family. This practice is not uncommon, as individual photographers and organizations like Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep have been providing "remembrance photography" to parents for many years.

The photos are are at the link and you may also want to look at this site -

https://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/

Reminds Me of one of the shortest story ever written. It was authored by E. Hemingway over a bet. The entire story reads:

For sale: Baby shoes, never worn.

Reminds Me of one of the shortest story ever written. It was authored by E. Hemingway over a bet. The entire story reads:

Short and sad to be sure. But Hemingway's authorship of the tale has never been substantiated...

I believe the soul of the baby knows, receives and feels the parents' love.

I once interviewed a local humanist writer on how the issue of life was settled among a group of activists who were debating when it began, and what defines a person.

The definition they all finally agreed on was that a person was
"someone who is loved."

So those who love all people can count all people over
time and space, beyond life and death, as loved as humanity, even before
they are born or after they are dead.

And those who just love people they know of in the present, can count those.

And there is no conflict or competition. Just respect that because there are always
people who love, that love is what counts and physical life follows from there.

I have no doubt that some people are incapable of feeling anything.

There's not much I would not give for photos of my daughter.

MORE SIGNS that we are near the end of this age. The last days will again be like the days of NOAH WHEN THE thoughts and deeds of mankind were ALL evil day and night. we are there today!!!

You're saying god kills babies? Or killed this beautiful baby?

Please look at the photos and try to understand how much it hurts to lose a baby.

If you would just do that, I'm sure you would stop making fun of other people's loss.

Short and sad to be sure. But Hemingway's authorship of the tale has never been substantiated...
If I remember correctly, didn't Aurther C. Clark claim to witness the bet? To lazy to go look it up. lol

I'm remembering when Santorums took their dead baby home with them for 4 hours.

Karen Santorum had had an abortion some time before that.

Did you make light of that? Make fun of their loss? Of EITHER baby? They lost TWO babies, one to abortion, one to still birth. Did you make fun those loses?

But, of course, that's different, right?

Did you make light of that? Make fun of their loss? Of EITHER baby? They lost TWO babies, one to abortion, one to still birth. Did you make fun those loses?

Who are you addressing? I am making light of no ones tragedy.

These photos will break your heart but they're also hauntingly beautiful.

Parents Share Devastating, Beautiful Photos To Break Down The Silence Around Stillbirth

This summer, California couple Emily and Richard Staley went through one of the most devastating experiences parents can endure when Emily delivered a stillborn baby girl. But thanks to the help of one photographer, their tragedy might help break down the silence around the little-discussed topic of stillbirth.

After about eight months of pregnancy, Emily Staley had grown accustomed to her unborn daughter's energetic kicking, Fstoppers reports. So she knew something was wrong one morning when she didn't feel the baby moving at all. A hospital visit and ultrasound revealed the painful truth: Her baby had died in utero. Reeling from shock and grief, Staley arranged to deliver her stillborn daughter via C-section early the next morning, when Richard could be by her side. And, through the help of a friend, she arranged to have a photographer at the hospital to capture this important time for her family. This practice is not uncommon, as individual photographers and organizations like Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep have been providing "remembrance photography" to parents for many years.

The photos are are at the link and you may also want to look at this site -

https://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/

I think I'll pass. That is just too sad, and I don't know why anyone would want to look at them, except for perhaps the parents.

Yea, my deeply Catholic friend to this day makes a big deal about the miscarriage his wife had and how they named the baby and the priest came in and blessed the fetus and blablabla.

Yea, my deeply Catholic friend to this day makes a big deal about the miscarriage his wife had and how they named the baby and the priest came in and blessed the fetus and blablabla.

I wish they would have made him and Rick Santorum pay for a full funeral. Is that really a life Rick? Ok, then fork over the thousands of dollars it costs to have a funeral.

But we don't do that for abortions and miscarriages. We just incinerate the dead fetus. Or flush it. Which is what we should do because life isn't that precious. If it is, pay for a fucking funeral.

While I would not let a priest (or preacher) anywhere near me or my child, its incredibly painful to lose a much loved and hoped for child. Whether because of stillbirth or abortion, its a loss that leaves a hole in you that never quite heals up.

I don't think about her every day. I don't whine and cry and sob. Many people don't even know about her. But the loss left a hole in my heart.

This thread is about grief. Not God and NOT abortion. Address the OP or start your thread.

I have no doubt that some people are incapable of feeling anything.

There's not much I would not give for photos of my daughter.

:smiliehug:

Thank you Mad Cabbie. And thank you to others who understand or feel sympathy for people who have lost a newborn baby.

Some may think taking photos of their stillborn baby is macabre but its the only thing they'll have of her. As the years go by, those photos will mean so very much to them. As I said, I wish I had even thought of taking a photo.

Forum List

Back