Health Scare Crisis

no,, I am discussing it. I am trying to make you see that if you smoke and introduce carcinogens into your tissues and cells, you will in fact risk lung cancer,, and "believing it away" will not change that fact. I also do believe in the placebo effect..
If you are conditioned to believe that, yes 100% of the time it WILL kill you!

If you are conditioned to believe not only that it won't, but it doesn't matter even if it does because we're all going to die anyway, it might not!wrong again, some people smoke all their lives and don't get lung cancer,,call it luck or genetics,, it has naught to do with "believing"

The placebo effect isn't 100%. Neither is the Pygmalion effect. But they are BOTH equally applicable and proven.Nope,, not true, as I've said if that logic held true then those who did not "believe" in disease would live forever.

Yet? Most people deny the second one, because they are conditioned to do so. We are taught to fear mortality, to fear substances, to fear fear fear. This is why the health care system is so clogged up with people and their various ailments.all i'm saying is it's true, you should not live your life in fear, fear causes stress and stress causes disease, but when you actively participate in a carcinogen introducing active such as smoking you are very much increasing your risk of lung cancer "believe" it or not.

If the power of the MIND was nurtured at an early age, you might very well see 30% less folks having problems. But that would hurt the pharm companies, and the health scare system in general.

I know there is no way to make this impression on older folks. They are too far gone into the conditioning, the negative seeds, the fear. This thread is to provoke thought. Not make folks change their views.

The old people don't need to change their minds.. they are the successful ones!

Other than mental, and even a few of those, every single health issue I have is because of going to the doctor ... explain that one.

johnrite.jpg

Midnight Marauder Johnson is right!!

"Believe" it!
Fuckin-A right I do.

You have no idea as to the power of belief.

Even though it may not change one's right-here-right-now, it does determine what you'll think and do next.

"Believe" it!
And you "believe" the placebo effect why? Because they told you to?

But nobody ever told you about the Pygmalion Effect.

no! the placebo effect has been scientifically proven.. with blind studies. Has the Pygmalion effect? Has anybody ever been proven to be a heavy smoker and because he "believed" he would not get lung cancer did not in fact get lung cancer? Has that been proven? I didn't think so.. See "believe" is a thing of "faith" not fact.

If you are conditioned to believe that, yes 100% of the time it WILL kill you!

If you are conditioned to believe not only that it won't, but it doesn't matter even if it does because we're all going to die anyway, it might not!wrong again, some people smoke all their lives and don't get lung cancer,,call it luck or genetics,, it has naught to do with "believing"

The placebo effect isn't 100%. Neither is the Pygmalion effect. But they are BOTH equally applicable and proven.Nope,, not true, as I've said if that logic held true then those who did not "believe" in disease would live forever.

Yet? Most people deny the second one, because they are conditioned to do so. We are taught to fear mortality, to fear substances, to fear fear fear. This is why the health care system is so clogged up with people and their various ailments.all i'm saying is it's true, you should not live your life in fear, fear causes stress and stress causes disease, but when you actively participate in a carcinogen introducing active such as smoking you are very much increasing your risk of lung cancer "believe" it or not.

If the power of the MIND was nurtured at an early age, you might very well see 30% less folks having problems. But that would hurt the pharm companies, and the health scare system in general.

I know there is no way to make this impression on older folks. They are too far gone into the conditioning, the negative seeds, the fear. This thread is to provoke thought. Not make folks change their views.

The old people don't need to change their minds.. they are the successful ones!

Other than mental, and even a few of those, every single health issue I have is because of going to the doctor ... explain that one.

You would have to provide in disputable proof that all your problems are because of going to the doctor. I think that's impossible.

"Believe" it!

no! the placebo effect has been scientifically proven.. with blind studies. Has the Pygmalion effect?
Yes, it has.
Has anybody ever been proven to be a heavy smoker and because he "believed" he would not get lung cancer did not in fact get lung cancer?
That cannot be quantified, but I have given you three sterling anecdotal examples. And I'm a fourth. AND I gave you a control, the Mom who planted the negative seed, the self-fulfilling prophesy, saying cigarettes were going to kill her. And wow, they did!

Think for a second. Why does the placebo effect even work? Because we are conditioned to believe medical science is a cure-all! The Doc plants a positive seed, saying this pill might help, gives you an inert sugar tablet, and your mind does the rest! BECAUSE of the Pygmalion Effect, the self-fulfilling prophesy! YOU believe the pill will work, and it does! BECAUSE you believed it! The sugar pill you actually took didn't do a damn thing, your mind did!

It's odd how emotional you are over this, instead of being rational.

Hell, living near cars will give you lung cancer .... in the desert there's skin cancer ...
Yes, if you believe they will!
Most of the people to live the longest have only one healthy practice, they don't worry about dying. Stress and worry will kill you faster than anything else.
That's all about fear, and negative seeds, and the total lack of same in those who live longest. That and the acceptance that when your time is up, that's it! Like I said in the OP, why worry about or fear the inevitable? Why spend resources trying to extend your time? You simply can't. It's an illusion.

Nice propoganda. Now drop some fliers on the rest of America telling them that doctors are obsolete. Yes, it is true that many people do die at younger ages, even with medical treatment. What you fail to mention are all those people who survive cancer through treatment, those who get a second chance after triple bypass surgery, and those who receive transplanted organs to live many years longer than they would have. On top of that, millions of people receive treatments that improve their quality of life.

And since you don't pay for health insurance, anyone that does will end up subsidizing your healthcare costs should you become sick, because if you ever do become sick, you will want treatment.

no! the placebo effect has been scientifically proven.. with blind studies. Has the Pygmalion effect?
Yes, it has.
Has anybody ever been proven to be a heavy smoker and because he "believed" he would not get lung cancer did not in fact get lung cancer?
That cannot be quantified,Then it has not been scientifically proven in a blind study has it? but I have given you three sterling anecdotal examples. And I'm a fourth. AND I gave you a control, the Mom who planted the negative seed, the self-fulfilling prophesy, saying cigarettes were going to kill her. And wow, they did!what you gave me is someone's theory.

Think for a second. Why does the placebo effect even work? Because we are conditioned to believe medical science is a cure-all! The Doc plants a positive seed, saying this pill might help, gives you an inert sugar tablet, and your mind does the rest! BECAUSE of the Pygmalion Effect, the self-fulfilling prophesy! YOU believe the pill will work, and it does! BECAUSE you believed it! The sugar pill you actually took didn't do a damn thing, your mind did!Partly true, I draw the line though when you theorize that you may smoke cigarettes, introduce carcinogens, and "believe" away lung cancer. It dosen't work that way

It's odd how emotional you are over this, instead of being rational.
I am not the least bit emotional. All I'm saying is if you plan to avoid hospitals, doctors, and medicine you will be oh so wise to stop smoking.. sooner rather than later.

And since you don't pay for health insurance, anyone that does will end up subsidizing your healthcare costs should you become sick, because if you ever do become sick, you will want treatment.
I pay for my own healthcare needs. I simply never need any unless injured, as I explained in the OP you didn't read.

Nice propoganda. Now drop some fliers on the rest of America telling them that doctors are obsolete. Yes, it is true that many people do die at younger ages, even with medical treatment. What you fail to mention are all those people who survive cancer through treatment, those who get a second chance after triple bypass surgery, and those who receive transplanted organs to live many years longer than they would have. On top of that, millions of people receive treatments that improve their quality of life.

Likewise, people die during chemo and radiation therapy, die on the table or shortly thereafter bypasses and transplants, and the quality of life of many of the recipients of said cut-n-burn treatments never returns.

But maybe we could get some testimony from guys like Frank Shorter and Bruce Jenner...Huh??

What you fail to mention are all those people who survive cancer through treatment, those who get a second chance after triple bypass surgery, and those who receive transplanted organs to live many years longer than they would have.
It wasn't their time to go! When it is time for them to go, just like you and me and all the dead celebrities who had the best medical care money can buy, it won't matter.

Also covered in the OP.

I am not the least bit emotional. All I'm saying is if you plan to avoid hospitals, doctors, and medicine you will be oh so wise to stop smoking.. sooner rather than later.
Why?

Oh, that fear of substances thing. That conditioning.:clap2:

as I've said.. "believe" that right up til you get your diagnosis,, then work on explaining how you got lung cancer.. :lol::lol:

Likewise, people die during chemo and radiation therapy, die on the table or shortly thereafter bypasses and transplants, and the quality of life of many of the recipients of said cut-n-burn treatments never returns.

But maybe we could get some testimony from guys like Frank Shorter and Bruce Jenner...Huh??

How about Mary Tyler Moore? Lived her whole life under treatment for juvenille diabetes.. now it might have turned out differently if she "believed" she didn't need insulin or doctors.. :lol:

Why?

Oh, that fear of substances thing. That conditioning.:clap2:

as I've said.. "believe" that right up til you get your diagnosis,, then work on explaining how you got lung cancer.. :lol::lol:
As I said, there will never be such a diagnosis.

How about Mary Tyler Moore? Lived her whole life under treatment for juvenille diabetes.. now it might have turned out differently if she "believed" she didn't need insulin or doctors.. :lol:
Correct.

You deny the power of the mind, the vast unexplored power within us all. Placebos might have cured her, no?

Correct.

You deny the power of the mind, the vast unexplored power within us all. Placebos might have cured her, no?

what I believe in is biological facts!.

Correct.

what I believe in is biological facts!.
Is it a biological fact that placebos work?

Placebos only work because of the Pygmalion Effect.

Mind over matter..... How many times do you have to read that?

Forum List

Back