Health Scare Crisis

How about Mary Tyler Moore? Lived her whole life under treatment for juvenille diabetes.. now it might have turned out differently if she "believed" she didn't need insulin or doctors.. :lol:
Correct.

You deny the power of the mind, the vast unexplored power within us all. Placebos might have cured her, no?
Much as I hate to disagree, not so much.

There's a difference when original physical organic dysfunction and inability are concerned.

However, the possibilities viz. external invasive elements remains valid.

Correct.

You deny the power of the mind, the vast unexplored power within us all. Placebos might have cured her, no?

what I believe in is biological facts!.
Is it a biological fact that placebos work?

Placebos only work because of the Pygmalion Effect.

Mind over matter..... How many times do you have to read that?

study cells, how they function, what they require, and their death. Then you will in fact "know". Get thee a good book on "pathophysiology."

Read the next reply slowly. I am typing this real slowly for you. Let it soak in:
That is because of your conditioning! Mine is different! Mine stresses the power of positive thinking, mind over matter, and self-fulfilling prophesy. Yours stresses fear.

study cells, how they function, what they require, and their death. Then you will in fact "know". Get thee a good book on "pathophysiology."
I don't need to study cells. I don't need to concern myself with mine because nothing will ever go wrong with them until they die.

Google and study "pathological trance".

Read the next reply slowly. I am typing this real slowly for you. Let it soak in:
That is because of your conditioning! Mine is different! Mine stresses the power of positive thinking, mind over matter, and self-fulfilling prophesy. Yours stresses fear.

no, mine stresses knowledge! With knowledge comes power! Not "belief."

Much as I hate to disagree, not so much.

There's a difference when original physical organic dysfunction and inability are concerned.

However, the possibilities viz. external invasive elements remains valid.
What we don't know is what has never been tried.

The Hippocratic oath wouldn't allow a doctor to treat diabetes with a placebo. But it sure as hell allows people to become hypochondriacs, due to negative seeds planted. Lets the mind "invent" illness.

Google and study "pathological trance".

has it ever occurred to you that "yes" there is such a thing as mind over matter"? but it's not the be all to end all? You have to apply more than one discipline to live a healthy life?? Jeez.. how simple can it be.. If you have such mind over matter how come you are so stupid as to become addicted to cigarettes? Mind over matter my ass!

You have no knowledge of the power of the mind. You don't understand that the placebo effect only works because of the Pygmalion effect. You want to cherry-pick your "knowledge" and therefore are closed-minded.

Only because you believe that "knowledge" to be correct.

But what if that knowledge was oh-so-close, but no cigar??

What if that knowledge was an avenue of approach, yet not the only one that got you where you want to go??

It's not necessary to abandon everything you "know" to consider and discover other ways to go about getting the results you want.

I don't need to study cells. I don't need to concern myself with mine because nothing will ever go wrong with them until they die.

So,, now it is clear! You have made this decision to "believe" out of sheer ignorance! End of story!

Only because you believe that "knowledge" to be correct.

But what if that knowledge was oh-so-close, but no cigar??

What if that knowledge was an avenue of approach, yet not the only one that got you where you want to go??

It's not necessary to abandon everything you "know" to consider and discover other ways to go about getting the results you want

I "believe" I said as much when I said "mind over matter" is not the be all to end all" it takes more than one rigid discipline to live a healthy life..

So,, now it is clear! You have made this decision to "believe" out of sheer ignorance! End of story!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I certainly hope so. Your pedantic posts and your closed-mindedness, your circular arguments and your mischaracterizations make rational discussion impossible.

Forum List

Back