Health Scare Crisis

has it ever occurred to you that "yes" there is such a thing as mind over matter"? but it's not the be all to end all?
No one said it was.

Again, mischaracterizing the argument. It's quite dishonest.

yes! you did in fact say that. when you said you can smoke cigarettes and not get lung cancer because you have the "power of positive thinking" what an idiot! if you had such a tough tough mind you wouldn't be addicted to tobacco.

yes! you did in fact say that. when you said you can smoke cigarettes and not get lung cancer because you have the "power of positive thinking" what an idiot! if you had such a tough tough mind you wouldn't be addicted to tobacco.
I did not say that. Hopefully this will inspire you to re-read the OP, perchance to be able to find where I made such a statement. And maybe in the re-reading, your mind might open just a tiny crack.

I don't need to study cells. I don't need to concern myself with mine because nothing will ever go wrong with them until they die.

So,, now it is clear! You have made this decision to "believe" out of sheer ignorance! End of story!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I certainly hope so. Your pedantic posts and your closed-mindedness, your circular arguments and your mischaracterizations make rational discussion impossible.

you can't carry on a rational discussion about anything if you know nothing about the basic unit of life.. the cell.. oh well,, I'm a poet!

so i got skin cancer cause i thought i would ?

No! by MM logic you got skin cancer cause you didn't "believe" you would not. Get as much exposure to the sun as you want.. as long as you "believe" your cell's won't become aberrant,, then "they simply won't." :lol::lol:

I did not say that. Hopefully this will inspire you to re-read the OP, perchance to be able to find where I made such a statement. And maybe in the re-reading, your mind might open just a tiny crack.

I smoke, for about the last 10 years... I drink, when I want and however much I want and make no bones about it. Only actually been drunk once though.

Smoking doesn't hurt you. Believing it will, does.

your words MM post number 10

if you had such a tough tough mind you wouldn't be addicted to tobacco.
Paradox alert!!!

The fact that one is "addicted" to tobacco is the best evidence of the strength of the mind.

in an evil unhealthy sorta way! yes! but it has a lot more to do with chemistry. dosen't it?
That is where you are wrong, wrong, wrong!!!

Chronic alcoholics are true physical addicts, because if you tale away the ETOH they'll go into respiratory arrest and die.

Tobacco "addiction" (and most other misnamed "addictions" for that matter) are not chemically life threatening....They are persistent and pathological beliefs about what chemicals the body "needs" with no physiological evidence in support.

you can't carry on a rational discussion about anything if you know nothing about the basic unit of life.. the cell.. oh well,, I'm a poet!
You don't know what I know.

See?

I know you said "you didn't need to know" see? how that works????:lol:
Look again. I said I don't need to study cells. One who knows about them doesn't need to study them. Maybe you should sign up and take a reading comprehension course.

You're really starting to become a bore. You do not understand the argument, you are mischaracterizing it, and you do not want to explore it.

I am going beyond the physical world here, into powers so vast which we ALL have, and haven't been explored. It's literally, as Shakespeare said, "The Undiscovered Country."

And you have no wish to open your mind and discover it.

I smoke, for about the last 10 years... I drink, when I want and however much I want and make no bones about it. Only actually been drunk once though.

That's right, and it's NOT what you said I said, if you can comprehend what you read.

You don't know what I know.

See?

Look again. I said I don't need to study cells. One who knows about them doesn't need to study them. Maybe you should sign up and take a reading comprehension course.

You're really starting to become a bore. You do not understand the argument, you are mischaracterizing it, and you do not want to explore it.

I am going beyond the physical world here, into powers so vast which we ALL have, and haven't been explored. It's literally, as Shakespeare said, "The Undiscovered Country."

I think you are having a contoriontist conumdrum,, when did you become a libral? :lol:

No! by MM logic you got skin cancer cause you didn't "believe" you would not. Get as much exposure to the sun as you want.. as long as you "believe" your cell's won't become aberrant,, then "they simply won't." :lol::lol:
That's simply a lie.

No, it is not.. see post number 10.. Are you okay tonight? I'm beginning to wonder!
You're simply not understanding what you are reading, and I believe it's intentional. Read it again. Why don't I do drugs? Like speed, coke, others? Because I believe they will harm me.

I do NOT believe cigarettes will. Otherwise, I wouldn't smoke them.

That's right, and it's NOT what you said I said, if you can comprehend what you read.

explain it to me slowly.. where did I go wrong?? :lol: slowly now.. what does "Smoking doesn't hurt you. Believing it will, does" mean exactly? :lol:

I think you are having a contoriontist conumdrum,, when did you become a libral? :lol:
You are mucking up what could have been an intelligent conversation, with sophomoric garbage. And you also cannot even spell.

Earlier didn't you say, "end of story?" Make it so.

Paradox alert!!!

The fact that one is "addicted" to tobacco is the best evidence of the strength of the mind.

in an evil unhealthy sorta way! yes! but it has a lot more to do with chemistry. dosen't it?
That is where you are wrong, wrong, wrong!!!

Chronic alcoholics are true physical addicts, because if you tale away the ETOH they'll go into respiratory arrest and die.

Tobacco "addiction" (and most other misnamed "addictions" for that matter) are not chemically life threatening....They are persistent and pathological beliefs about what chemicals the body "needs" with no physiological evidence in support.

Nicotine addiction is as chemically addicting as heroin..

Forum List

Back