"Health is a right"

We have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!!! Seems like if you are unhealthy, then at least two out of the three would be in jeopardy!!!

:D. :lol:
You have a right. It doesn't say you're owed.

Is it really outside the scope of your conscience to believe that children should not be denied healthcare just because they can't pay for it?

What kind of right is it?

It should be a right in the same manner education is a right.
Why

Because the health of the nation's people is at least as important as their education.

It is the right of every American child to receive a basic K-12 education regardless of the ability to pay for it.

That is how healthcare should be, but for all Americans of all ages.

The Father of the Constitution disagrees.

The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government, are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State. -James Madison Federalist 45

By that principle then gun rights should be left to the states?

James Madison, House of Representatives

8 June 1789
1ptrans.gif
Annals 1:439
It has been objected also against a bill of rights, that, by enumerating particular exceptions to the grant of power, it would disparage those rights which were not placed in that enumeration; and it might follow by implication, that those rights which were not singled out, were intended to be assigned into the hands of the General Government, and were consequently insecure. This is one of the most plausible arguments I have ever heard urged against the admission of a bill of rights into this system; but, I conceive, that it may be guarded against. I have attempted it, as gentlemen may see by turning to the last clause of the fourth resolution [the Ninth Amendment]
Ninth Amendment - U.S. Constitution - FindLaw

What kind of right is it?

It should be a right in the same manner education is a right.
Why

Because the health of the nation's people is at least as important as their education.

It is the right of every American child to receive a basic K-12 education regardless of the ability to pay for it.

That is how healthcare should be, but for all Americans of all ages.

The Father of the Constitution disagrees.

The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government, are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State. -James Madison Federalist 45

By that principle then gun rights should be left to the states?

Only if you chose to ignore the second amendment. It is an enumerated right for the people.

We have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!!! Seems like if you are unhealthy, then at least two out of the three would be in jeopardy!!!

:D. :lol:
You have a right. It doesn't say you're owed.

Is it really outside the scope of your conscience to believe that children should not be denied healthcare just because they can't pay for it?
Who said they would be denied? What age should we expect them to pay for themselves?

Always seemed like more of an individual responsibility.

you're "correct"...this baby just did not take enough responsibility...

0588292c33f4aca5d3c62444dac497a6--lip-surgery-cleft-lip.jpg
His parents did. Yo would have aborted him before he had a chance.
nat, have you ever noticed the best reply you ever have for me is a funny tag? You don't actually argue your point you just give me a funny and move on. It's like you have no come back and think a funny wins you the game.

nat, have you ever noticed the best reply you ever have for me is a funny tag? You don't actually argue your point you just give me a funny and move on. It's like you have no come back and think a funny wins you the game.

What can I say......a long time ago I concluded that the old adage about wrestling with pigs had a point.

What can I say......a long time ago I concluded that the old adage about wrestling with pigs had a point.
But you're the pig.

If I remember American history the US had health care and welfare almost as soon as the ink dried on the Constitution--and maybe even before.

the Founding Fathers listed the duties of the government in the Preamble
No, they didn't. They listed the reasons they were writing the Constitution. The Preamble dictates no laws, It merely lists the hoped-for goal of the laws that are written in the rest of the document.

in a couple of words "to provide for the common defense and promote the general welfare".
Yep. That's what the people who wrote and ratified it, wanted to do. And in the articles that follow, they lay down the laws that (they hope) will let people accomplish that, while the Constitution keeps them from unduly interfering with each other.

Forum List

Back