"Health is a right"

Aside from the first ten Amendments to the Constitution aka the Bill of Rights which do not mention health care, the Founding Fathers listed the duties of the government in the Preamble in a couple of words "to provide for the common defense and promote the general welfare". Notice the FF didn't say "provide for the general welfare and promote the common defense".

Aside from the first ten Amendments to the Constitution aka the Bill of Rights which do not mention health care, the Founding Fathers listed the duties of the government in the Preamble in a couple of words "to provide for the common defense and promote the general welfare". Notice the FF didn't say "provide for the general welfare and promote the common defense".

The health of our nation's people is an integral part of our defense, aka our national security.

What kind of right is it?

It should be a right in the same manner education is a right.
Why

Because the health of the nation's people is at least as important as their education.

It is the right of every American child to receive a basic K-12 education regardless of the ability to pay for it.

That is how healthcare should be, but for all Americans of all ages.
Is that a right? Or just some shit you decided was a right? The right to what education? The government provided one? Kind of like you want healthcare now. It's a right as long as the government controls it. How would you like healthcare provided by government taught doctors? That should be fun.

I have always found the 9th to be rather sexy:
“The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”

TNHarley wants a sick and diseased populace.
More votes for republicans.
Holy fuck! If Nancy Pelosi can't decide your healthcare you're going to die! If Hank Johnson isn't in control of islands they may all tip over! If Owl Gore isn't in charge of the weather you will die!

You're an idiot.

Because the health of the nation's people is at least as important as their education.
Perhaps. But that does not make it a right, any more than simply passing a law makes it a right.

Food is even more important that "health": If you don't have food, you die. But food is not a "right".
It is the right of every American child to receive a basic K-12 education regardless of the ability to pay for it.
Complete bunk. That would require that govt take money away from people, including people who aren't getting that education. There are many names for such an act by government, but "a right" isn't one of them.

Fine. If you believe that, go ahead and write them a check. (I do that myself regularly.) But don't try to steal from others to do it. There's a name for that, too: "Theft and distribution of stolen goods".

Perhaps. But that does not make it a right, any more than simply passing a law makes it a right.

Food is even more important that "health": If you don't have food, you die. But food is not a "right".
Complete bunk. That would require that govt take money away from people, including people who aren't getting that education. There are many names for such an act by government, but "a right" isn't one of them.

Fine. If you believe that, go ahead and write them a check. (I do that myself regularly.) But don't try to steal from others to do it. There's a name for that, too: "Theft and distribution of stolen goods".

We do tax people to pay for education even if it isn't their own education. Where have you been?

Why

Well you can't do much good from that if they don't have a right to food, housing, transportation or cell phones either. Are those all rights? It's the health of the nation at risk.

Why

The Father of the Constitution disagrees.

The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government, are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State. -James Madison Federalist 45

We have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!!! Seems like if you are unhealthy, then at least two out of the three would be in jeopardy!!!

:D. :lol:

Why

No, i have no right to health care but i do have a right to earn my health care...

Forum List

Back