"Health is a right"

Where is the right to life for the innocent growing inside a woman with a heart beat at
2 months?
That is what the opposition's viewpoint is, they speak for the voice that can't.The right to life.

It's the same argument. The "Health Care is a Right" people claim that the right to life means someone else is obligated to ensure that you can live. The Right to Lifers claim the right to life of a fetus means that someone else (starting with the mother) is obligated to ensure its birth. Both arguments mis-construe the right to life as a positive claim on the service of others.

So you concede that what is or isn't a right, secured by the government, is wholly up to the People to decide.

Which rights government protects, and which the violate, is definitely up to government. Why did you capitalize "People"?

Because we have a Government of the People.

But why is People capitalized? Is it a holy word or something?

Ask the founders. It's the third word of the Constitution.

The unborn do not have rights,

unless of course the government gives them rights.

You're giving new meaning to "government teat".

So, care to define 'basic human right'? Equivocating on terms is tedious. Let's talk about ideas.

All I've noticed is that conservatives INSIST that there are basic, natural, God given, inalienable rights,

but then, by the most astonishing of coincidences,

those same conservatives insist that it's only the rights that conservatives approve of that fall into that category.

Pretty Goddam convenient if you ask me...

Ok, so I know you reject the definition of "basic human rights" that is based in inalienable rights. But what do you offer in it's place? How do you define "basic human rights"?

I offer the hope that a democratic government of the People can rightly determine what to recognize as a right worthy of protection by the government.

that's how it works in north korea.

So if there are only certain things that can be rightfully (no pun intended) deemed to be 'rights',

why didn't the Founders put some mechanism in the Constitution to prevent 'illegitimate' rights from being established,
and then protected as rights by the government?

So if there are only certain things that can be rightfully (no pun intended) deemed to be 'rights',

I can't figure out what you mean by 'rights'. To me, they are freedoms. You seem to be talking about something else, but you're being deliberately vague and evasive about what that something is. Are you just being a jerk, trolling, or is this really how you try to communicate?

The question is should America make health care a right for all Americans?

I offer the hope that a democratic government of the People can rightly determine what to recognize as a right worthy of protection by the government.

Quit beating around the bush. What does do you mean by "recognize as a right"?

What? You need examples?

A clear definition would be better, but examples would be better than nothing.

Go read Roe v Wade.

Sticking with the troll routine, eh?

No greedy asshole has the "right" to make somebody else pay their bills.

Any greedy Liberal that tells you that it is their right to make you pay their bills for them is not only being an asshole but is lying to you.

What? You need examples?

Go read Roe v Wade.

Abortion was not a right before Roe. Roe recognized abortion as a right (in certain circumstances). That is how a government of the People recognizes a right and then protects it accordingly.

What? You need examples?

Go read Roe v Wade.

Abortion was not a right before Roe. Roe recognized abortion as a right (in certain circumstances). That is how a government of the People recognizes a right and then protects it accordingly.

Oh for fuck's sake. You can't distinguish between existential rights and those the government protects?? By your "reasoning" government can never violate our rights, because it "decides" what they are. Which renders them null and void. Which is, I guess, your intent.

What? You need examples?

Go read Roe v Wade.

Oh for fuck's sake. You can't distinguish between existential rights and those the government protects?? By your "reasoning" government can never violate our rights, because it "decides" what they are. Which renders them null and void. Which is, I guess, your intent.

All rights are decided by men.

Go read Roe v Wade.

All rights are decided by men.

Keep them doggies trollin

Forum List

Back