Health Care Should Be FREE! (In the U.S.)

Now you're just talking crap. In the countries where they have universal health care, it doesn't "take" them not paying their doctors to do so. Also, you don't need my free help. It's already there. Just go to England, France, Germany, Canadia, Japan or any of the other countries where they have it and see how they do it. Not only that, they each probably have a slightly unique way of doing it. The U.S. can pick and choose what way works best.

In the countries where they have universal health care, it doesn't "take" them not paying their doctors to do so.

By all means, explain your plan for free health care here.

Just go to England, France, Germany, Canadia, Japan or any of the other countries where they have it and see how they do it.

Rationing, long delays, less equipment, older equipment, older medicines, fewer medicines etc etc.

Have somebody pay me a good salary and I will explain how to do universal health care in this country. Or you could elect me as dictator and see me do it. Next, health care in other countries is far better than you would like people to believe. Just watch the documentary "Sicko." Also there is no justification as you may have heard on the news some months back to raise the price of some medecine by 1500%. Another thing is that even "if" universal health care caused there to be a little lessening of the quality of health care here, and that is a very big "IF," having universal health care would make it worth it.

Also, look at Germany. They have a population of about 81 million. Then look at Japan. They have a population of around 127 million. But given their size, they kick America's ass when it comes to the yearly value of their exports. The U.S. is a far larger country than both of those put together. We also have a population of around 319 million. And our country is far richer in terms of natural resources and arable land. If we can't do universal health care BETTER than those other countries, it doesn't mean that there is something wrong with universal health care. It means that there is something wrong with us!

Have somebody pay me a good salary and I will explain how to do universal health care in this country.

We have enough idiots with bad ideas, why would anyone pay you good money to hear your bad ideas?

Next, health care in other countries is far better than you would like people to believe.

And far worse than you would like people to believe.

Just watch the documentary "Sicko."

That's funny, because I was just talking about idiots with bad ideas......

First, you never heard my ideas. As I said, why should I tell them when I'm not getting paid to do so. So idiots like you can learn them and take the credit? And with you not having heard them, how can you say they are bad ideas. Next, yeah, so bad that many people travel overseas to have anything from a facelift to heart surgery done for a cheaper price. With far better aftercare and with a greater number of highly trained people.

The next point happen to include something from the documentary "Sicko." Tell me, did you actually ever see it? Or is it another thing you call bad without having heard it first. If you watched it, you may remember the ride along the film makers did with a doctor as he went around making house calls. That is far better health care than even exists in this country anymore. For me, if I need to see a doctor, I have to make an appointment. And when that day arrives, I have to make my way to the doctors office and wait around in their reception area. Then, when I am brought back to see the doctor, I have to do more waiting in the examination room. (I say sarcastically) Yeah. That sounds like far better health care.

First, you never heard my ideas

Based on your posts here, you're being paid exactly what your ideas are worth. Zero.

If you've never heard them, how can you say they're worthless.

In the countries where they have universal health care, it doesn't "take" them not paying their doctors to do so.

Just go to England, France, Germany, Canadia, Japan or any of the other countries where they have it and see how they do it.

Rationing, long delays, less equipment, older equipment, older medicines, fewer medicines etc etc.

Have somebody pay me a good salary and I will explain how to do universal health care in this country. Or you could elect me as dictator and see me do it. Next, health care in other countries is far better than you would like people to believe. Just watch the documentary "Sicko." Also there is no justification as you may have heard on the news some months back to raise the price of some medecine by 1500%. Another thing is that even "if" universal health care caused there to be a little lessening of the quality of health care here, and that is a very big "IF," having universal health care would make it worth it.

Also, look at Germany. They have a population of about 81 million. Then look at Japan. They have a population of around 127 million. But given their size, they kick America's ass when it comes to the yearly value of their exports. The U.S. is a far larger country than both of those put together. We also have a population of around 319 million. And our country is far richer in terms of natural resources and arable land. If we can't do universal health care BETTER than those other countries, it doesn't mean that there is something wrong with universal health care. It means that there is something wrong with us!

Have somebody pay me a good salary and I will explain how to do universal health care in this country.

We have enough idiots with bad ideas, why would anyone pay you good money to hear your bad ideas?

Next, health care in other countries is far better than you would like people to believe.

First, you never heard my ideas. As I said, why should I tell them when I'm not getting paid to do so. So idiots like you can learn them and take the credit? And with you not having heard them, how can you say they are bad ideas. Next, yeah, so bad that many people travel overseas to have anything from a facelift to heart surgery done for a cheaper price. With far better aftercare and with a greater number of highly trained people.

The next point happen to include something from the documentary "Sicko." Tell me, did you actually ever see it? Or is it another thing you call bad without having heard it first. If you watched it, you may remember the ride along the film makers did with a doctor as he went around making house calls. That is far better health care than even exists in this country anymore. For me, if I need to see a doctor, I have to make an appointment. And when that day arrives, I have to make my way to the doctors office and wait around in their reception area. Then, when I am brought back to see the doctor, I have to do more waiting in the examination room. (I say sarcastically) Yeah. That sounds like far better health care.

Based on your posts here, you're being paid exactly what your ideas are worth. Zero.

Based on your posts and your beliefs about Sicko, it's clear your ideas are worthless.

You should take them down to Venezuela, they have some questions about toilet paper for you.

Somebody around here probably already did a thread like this. And there was that documentary done about it called "Sicko." But I got quite a few objections out of people with my thread, "College should be free. (for Americans)" I wonder what they will have to say about me saying that health care should be free too. And the worse that may be for insurance companies, the better I like it!

Dear krypto
As Avatar4321 explained before, since health care requires material goods and services (and also some systems of education unless you have free lectures sponsored at existing sites that don't require any additional overhead) then "making this free" would involve "involuntary servitude" or making people give their labor for free. Now, I would add, there is nothing wrong with freely given charity, that is CHOSEN by the giver. But to demand this through govt by force of law amounts to enslavement, because it relies on "somebody's labor."

Now, if YOU are willing to invest in building a free school or free clinic, YOU can choose to give away your time, labor and investment so you and others can enjoy a so-called "free school or free hospital."
You would in effect be "bartering out" your contributions with others doing the same
(warning: all the free schools and clinics I've known that tried this experiment HAD to have a way of monitoring who was giving in and taking out, or else free loaders would keep taking and burning out the people running it)

What I would add to the model to make this work
1. microlending, or agreements to lend or cover the costs of a student's education or a patient's care
in exchange for paying it back later so the next person can benefit. There is a medical program in Bethesda MD that used to work on this basis: medical education was covered for students who agreed to serve a set amount of years working in public HMO providing services to the public.
For microlending and business training to pay back loans and become independent, here are links to the Grameen Foundation/Grameen Bank and the NACA network for refinancing homes at affordable rates:
Grameen Foundation | Connecting the World's Poor to Their Potential
facebook title

2. independent currency or a barter database to keep track of credits paid in and out
similar to registering for school and having to earn credits to graduate,
why not set up systems of monitoring how much labor people invest in building a school,
or a hospital or housing program, etc. Then you can have credits toward your education.
Why not have work-study programs where some of the work does generate revenue.
See Paul Glover's system of labor-backed currency Introducing HOUR Money

3. if you REALLY REALLY want to go advanced, I would recommend organizing
communities to invest in owning and building around their own schools, clinics, even police and teachers unions to govern their districts as independently as possible, cut the crime rates, and invest the difference in taxes saved into education and health care (instead of paying up to 50K a person per year for prisons) Since the labor and resources needed to PROVIDE education and health care "have to come from somewhere" then the two incentives I would offer to organize such resources are (1) giving people tax breaks for investing or lending capital, or giving people control of management for buying out districts to set this up so all the local taxes go into supporting the services for that district and it is run as a self-sustaining economy and self-governed community. (2) using RICO or related laws to claim "restitution for past crimes, abuses or violations" and setting up the damages and debts owed to people or communities who suffered civil or criminal wrongs to be "paid back" by crediting, reimbursing, investing and/or transferring or selling shares in ownership of districts and programs, so that these become the solutions and corrections to the wrongs done to those people or communities.

This is the closest you may get to providing "free education and health care" by funding facilities and programs instead of wasting billions on prisons to cover only inmates using resources that could cover the greater public.

http://www.houstonprogressive.org
Earned Amnesty
music video for Sustainable Campus converting sweatshop labor to workstudy jobs

Last edited:
Somebody around here probably already did a thread like this. And there was that documentary done about it called "Sicko." But I got quite a few objections out of people with my thread, "College should be free. (for Americans)" I wonder what they will have to say about me saying that health care should be free too. And the worse that may be for insurance companies, the better I like it!

So you aren't willing to earn anything? Think it all should be provided to you?

I say the same thing about you. You're a worthless freeloader.

You don't know anything about me. When I was about 8 or 9 years old, I used to ride by bike for miles most days to most of the bars in my area of town to shine shoes. Later, when I needed real employment, jobs were just about impossible to find in the part of Michigan that I lived in. Over the years, I worked on two occasions in Indaina. I worked on a couple of occasions in Texas. I also worked in Florida where I got into an accident that wasn't my fault and got soundly and difinitively fucked by the insurance company of the guy who caused the accident. That I only survived by a miracle. Unfortunately, on one occasion I went to Virginia and ended up joining the navy.

Keep in mind, all this traveling around is especially hard on a poor person. In one of the jobs I had, I actually had somebody in a group of workers ask me not to work so hard. Apparently it was making them look bad. So you can take your 'worthless freeloader" bullshit and shove it up your ass sideways.

If you've worked all those situation you say and are still poor, sounds to me as if you aren't offering anything in the way of skills. That's your fault, freeloader. That you support someone like me being forced to provide things for people they should be providing themselves proves it.

Without laborers like me, parasitic freeloader aristocrat scum like you couldn't survive.
Robots will replace you very soon

Free to who.....???

Or do you really plan to put a gun to a doctor's head and tell him to work without getting paid ?

In the countries where they have "free" medical coverage, give me some stories of doctors there who have a gun put to their head. Or work without getting paid.

That was the question.....free to who.

If they are getting paid...who is paying them ?

What a great fucking idea!!! Let's PAY people to go to college! And the better they do, the more they get paid! You can bet your ass that if I got paid to do well in highschool, I would have done so.

Can you please post something that makes sense ?

Just once ?

Why would I pay you to do well in high school ? We need people t work at McDonalds and rent those cheap apartments that slumlords build. Thanks for signing up. If you didn't have any more vision than that...tough.

Everybody will pay a little to make those things free.

p1ij6.jpg

Free to who.....???

Or do you really plan to put a gun to a doctor's head and tell him to work without getting paid ?

In the countries where they have "free" medical coverage, give me some stories of doctors there who have a gun put to their head. Or work without getting paid.

What a great fucking idea!!! Let's PAY people to go to college! And the better they do, the more they get paid! You can bet your ass that if I got paid to do well in highschool, I would have done so.

Dear krypto
OKAY if you believe in this, start a company that raises money for scholarships, internships
and student loans and grants. Feature students you think deserve funding.
You could have a million dollar site, combining gofundme and those audition contest / shark tank shows.

Get universities behind you. Grant foundations.
Big companies looking to hire rising stars. Go for it!

You don't know anything about me. When I was about 8 or 9 years old, I used to ride by bike for miles most days to most of the bars in my area of town to shine shoes. Later, when I needed real employment, jobs were just about impossible to find in the part of Michigan that I lived in. Over the years, I worked on two occasions in Indaina. I worked on a couple of occasions in Texas. I also worked in Florida where I got into an accident that wasn't my fault and got soundly and difinitively fucked by the insurance company of the guy who caused the accident. That I only survived by a miracle. Unfortunately, on one occasion I went to Virginia and ended up joining the navy.

Keep in mind, all this traveling around is especially hard on a poor person. In one of the jobs I had, I actually had somebody in a group of workers ask me not to work so hard. Apparently it was making them look bad. So you can take your 'worthless freeloader" bullshit and shove it up your ass sideways.

If you've worked all those situation you say and are still poor, sounds to me as if you aren't offering anything in the way of skills. That's your fault, freeloader. That you support someone like me being forced to provide things for people they should be providing themselves proves it.

Without laborers like me, parasitic freeloader aristocrat scum like you couldn't survive.

A robot won't replace him, specifically. He actually has to be doing something to be replaced.

I agree, you should go to medical school and work for free.
It's only fair.

In the countries where they have "free" medical coverage, NONE of the doctors work for free. Also, if a student didn't have to pay anything for a doctorate in medicine, they might be a little more willing to work for a little less. Another thing is that from what I hear, many doctors who serve internships at some hospital get the shit worked out of them. Being on call 24 hours a day and such. Maybe if the government paid for their education, there would be more of them around. Which would lighten their load.

In the countries where they have "free" medical coverage, NONE of the doctors work for free.

If you want it to be free here, that's what it will take.
Start studying, we could all use your free help.

Now you're just talking crap. In the countries where they have universal health care, it doesn't "take" them not paying their doctors to do so. Also, you don't need my free help. It's already there. Just go to England, France, Germany, Canadia, Japan or any of the other countries where they have it and see how they do it. Not only that, they each probably have a slightly unique way of doing it. The U.S. can pick and choose what way works best.

So, you really have never been to those countries then.

And the evidence we have that any Internet anonym has the qualifications to be paid for his "expertise" on this topic is -?

You can argue any point into infinity. Maybe I'm not qualified to do that. But universal health care isn't rocket science. But even then, I did come up with a plan for a faster than light space drive many years ago. But JPL wasn't interested.

That's a topic for a thread in a different forum. For this forum, you should explain how you would guarantee Americans access to quality healthcare. Go for it!

And the evidence we have that any Internet anonym has the qualifications to be paid for his "expertise" on this topic is -?

You can argue any point into infinity. Maybe I'm not qualified to do that. But universal health care isn't rocket science. But even then, I did come up with a plan for a faster than light space drive many years ago. But JPL wasn't interested.

That's a topic for a thread in a different forum. For this forum, you should explain how you would guarantee Americans access to quality healthcare. Go for it!

Screw that. If krypto has cracked FTL travel, all bets are off. To the stars!

Based on your posts and your beliefs about Sicko, it's clear your ideas are worthless.

You should take them down to Venezuela, they have some questions about toilet paper for you.

If you think ANY of my ideas are worthless, just let me know. That should give you some clue. Also, the U.S. isn't Venezuela. At least not yet. But there are a lot of OIISS from south of the border who are working on that.

If you think ANY of my ideas are worthless, just let me know. That should give you some clue. Also, the U.S. isn't Venezuela. At least not yet. But there are a lot of OIISS from south of the border who are working on that.

So far, all your ideas are worthless.

Such a wish is born of extreme ignorance about the most basic facts of economics.

It is not possible for college nor medical care to be free.

It costs money—lots of money—to offer these services. Facilities must be built and maintained, equipment and materials must be provided,and staff must be employed. “Free” does not negate this basic fact; if someone receives these services for “free”, all it really means is that someone else, who is not receiving these services, is being compelled to pay for them.

Maybe someday one of you can explain why Americans pay multiple times more for even the most basic healthcare than people in any other industrialized nation, and that's a Good Thing.

I'm guessing your answer will have something to do with "American exceptionalism."
Nationalized healthcare is American exceptionalism? lol.

So, lessee now: we pay multiple times more for healthcare, and we have nationalized healthcare.

Gee, you stumped me, Mon. Why do we pay more?

Dear krypto
As Avatar4321 explained before, since health care requires material goods and services (and also some systems of education unless you have free lectures sponsored at existing sites that don't require any additional overhead) then "making this free" would involve "involuntary servitude" or making people give their labor for free. Now, I would add, there is nothing wrong with freely given charity, that is CHOSEN by the giver. But to demand this through govt by force of law amounts to enslavement, because it relies on "somebody's labor."

Now, if YOU are willing to invest in building a free school or free clinic, YOU can choose to give away your time, labor and investment so you and others can enjoy a so-called "free school or free hospital."
You would in effect be "bartering out" your contributions with others doing the same
(warning: all the free schools and clinics I've known that tried this experiment HAD to have a way of monitoring who was giving in and taking out, or else free loaders would keep taking and burning out the people running it)

What I would add to the model to make this work
1. microlending, or agreements to lend or cover the costs of a student's education or a patient's care
in exchange for paying it back later so the next person can benefit. There is a medical program in Bethesda MD that used to work on this basis: medical education was covered for students who agreed to serve a set amount of years working in public HMO providing services to the public.
For microlending and business training to pay back loans and become independent, here are links to the Grameen Foundation/Grameen Bank and the NACA network for refinancing homes at affordable rates:
Grameen Foundation | Connecting the World's Poor to Their Potential
facebook title

2. independent currency or a barter database to keep track of credits paid in and out
similar to registering for school and having to earn credits to graduate,
why not set up systems of monitoring how much labor people invest in building a school,
or a hospital or housing program, etc. Then you can have credits toward your education.
Why not have work-study programs where some of the work does generate revenue.
See Paul Glover's system of labor-backed currency Introducing HOUR Money

3. if you REALLY REALLY want to go advanced, I would recommend organizing
communities to invest in owning and building around their own schools, clinics, even police and teachers unions to govern their districts as independently as possible, cut the crime rates, and invest the difference in taxes saved into education and health care (instead of paying up to 50K a person per year for prisons) Since the labor and resources needed to PROVIDE education and health care "have to come from somewhere" then the two incentives I would offer to organize such resources are (1) giving people tax breaks for investing or lending capital, or giving people control of management for buying out districts to set this up so all the local taxes go into supporting the services for that district and it is run as a self-sustaining economy and self-governed community. (2) using RICO or related laws to claim "restitution for past crimes, abuses or violations" and setting up the damages and debts owed to people or communities who suffered civil or criminal wrongs to be "paid back" by crediting, reimbursing, investing and/or transferring or selling shares in ownership of districts and programs, so that these become the solutions and corrections to the wrongs done to those people or communities.

This is the closest you may get to providing "free education and health care" by funding facilities and programs instead of wasting billions on prisons to cover only inmates using resources that could cover the greater public.

http://www.houstonprogressive.org
Earned Amnesty
music video for Sustainable Campus converting sweatshop labor to workstudy jobs

Blah blah, blahblahblah, blah fucking blah. Other developed countries have free health care. And free college. None if it is due to "involuntary servitude." At least, not in a general sense. Most of any society that has ever existed is based on involuntary servitude. (But especially our dog eat dog capitalist system) If you don't work, you can't pay off that mortgage on your house or that loan on your car. Also, I wasn't in the military because I wanted to be there. Like most people, I just needed a job. Even if it was basically selling myself into slavery. Only the wealthy are free from involuntary servitude.

As to how to make free medical care or free college work, all you need to do is see how other countries do it. Though granted, they don't have to put up with the level of multiethnic bullshit that we do. And that is probably despite letting so many muslim invaders into their countries. Also, those other countries probably have slightly different approaches to doing what they do. All the U.S. has to do is see the various ways they do it and pick a plan that is best for the U.S. Monkey see, monkey do.

Actually, from what I heard, some places have been replacing robots with humans. In a technical sense, they are far less complicated, and costly, to build and maintain.

Free to who.....???

Can you please post something that makes sense ?

Just once ?

Why would I pay you to do well in high school ? We need people t work at McDonalds and rent those cheap apartments that slumlords build. Thanks for signing up. If you didn't have any more vision than that...tough.

What makes you think you need people to work at McDonalds. Just cook your own damn food. And screw the slumlords. They don't make a positive contrubution to society. All they do is leech off the most defenseless.

Free to who.....???

Dear krypto
OKAY if you believe in this, start a company that raises money for scholarships, internships
and student loans and grants. Feature students you think deserve funding.
You could have a million dollar site, combining gofundme and those audition contest / shark tank shows.

Get universities behind you. Grant foundations.
Big companies looking to hire rising stars. Go for it!

I can't even afford to eat very well. And after a few weeks, I am usually broke. Also, I often have to ride a bus if I need to go anywhere. Why don't you just suggest to me that I wave a magic fucking wand. After all, doesn't that work for everybody?

Actually, from what I heard, some places have been replacing robots with humans. In a technical sense, they are far less complicated, and costly, to build and maintain.

Depends on the human. Many maintain themselves and provide for themselves what they should be providing for themselves. Too many, you being just one example, think whatever someone wants should be given to them even if it costs someone else that provides to themselves more. In other words, there are two types of people in this country. Those that earn/work for a living and those that are freeloaders/vote for a living.

Easy!!!!! Tooo fucking easy!!!! Just secede to either the Netherlands, Japan, Canadia, England, France or Germany. Let them run things. They already have it up and running in their countries. All they need to do is extend their blanket of wise rule over us worthless dipshit Americans. DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back