Head of Goldman Sachs Visited Obama 4 Times at White House

How many ex GS employees are now employed by this Administration?

I know the answer, I just wonder if the lefties on here are aware.

That is a good question that I'm sure you will tell us the answer to. But the real issue is...how many MORE ex GS employees are in employed by this Administration as compared to past administrations? How many MORE GS Heads have visited Obama compared to past administrations?

The answer to those questions are important because if this is standard behavior by administrations...there is no story here. IF it is something new and different, it certainly bears investigating.

What a fucking tool. What a total fucking tool.

I for one am hoping that everyone involved in these meetings were honest,trustworthy and forthright and had the nation's citizens and the nation as a whole, best interests at heart.............Cough!

That is a good question that I'm sure you will tell us the answer to. But the real issue is...how many MORE ex GS employees are in employed by this Administration as compared to past administrations? How many MORE GS Heads have visited Obama compared to past administrations?

The answer to those questions are important because if this is standard behavior by administrations...there is no story here. IF it is something new and different, it certainly bears investigating.

I know the answer to that too!

Damn, I am just too good.

except obama promised change transparancy and that he would not do things they way bush did....his entire platform was if you elected mccain it would just be four more years of bush.....as far as i can tell....obama is just the same as bush....

fighting two wars....and spending us into oblivion....

i remember the left's outrage over bush's connection to ken lay, ah, the good ol' days

Who ARE these mythical lefties you speak of with such authority?

And how is it that you speak on their behalf?

You quite obviously are not a leftie, yet you seem to think you are their offical spokesperson.

I would NO DOUBT fit into your tiny mind as being a leftie, yet I have been pointing out to this board that the DEMS are no less beholden to big capital than the REPS.

As have, I note, many others here whose POVs you would no doubt characterize as leftist. At best they are moderates of some kind.

The people YOU call leftists, are in fact loyalist Democrats and there's nothing remotely leftist about that pack of clueless partisans who are tools of the DEM branch of the Insiders' party.

So, if it's politics as usual, you see absolutely no harm? If the president was a republican, would you feel the same way? I think we all should ask ourselves this simple question.

You guys miss the point so often, it's becoming laughable.

Can you tell us who Cheney met with on the energy issue?

Oh yeah we were never allowed to know huh?

None at all. Try to make some sense of just keep your mouth closed.

I didn't figure you had a concience. A typical right wing thing.

You have actually hit on an interesting point here that needs some attention.

This is a difference between conservatives and liberals: Conservatives don't feel guilt for the actions of other people.

Liberals like to feel guilt for the actions of others and also like to tell others that they should feel guilty... just like you are here.

You think that if you feel some guilt, it makes you a better human being than others. Instead, it just makes you a miserable jackass that tells others how to act, feel and lead their lives.

So you do not support personal responsibility for ones actions?

How many times did GS visit the WH while Bush was president?

Did it have anything to do with Bush's wailiing and crying for passage of TARP?

Yes bush is no longer president but the footprint of his govt remains.

Notice how any thinking a situation through and taking responsibility for any actions that could have been improved is ONLY GUILT to the right wing.

Dont ever self examine and NEVER EVER regret or improve on what you do.

No wonder your ideas are such EPIC failures.

I didn't figure you had a concience. A typical right wing thing.

This is a difference between conservatives and liberals: Conservatives don't feel guilt for the actions of other people.

Liberals like to feel guilt for the actions of others and also like to tell others that they should feel guilty... just like you are here.

You think that if you feel some guilt, it makes you a better human being than others. Instead, it just makes you a miserable jackass that tells others how to act, feel and lead their lives.

I believe in personal responsibility... but I don't believe in my taking the rssponsibility for someone else.

While Goldman Sachs' lawyers negotiated with the Securities and Exchange Commission over potentially explosive civil fraud charges, Goldman's chief executive visited the White House at least four times.

White House logs show that Chief Executive Lloyd Blankfein traveled to Washington for at least two events with President Barack Obama, whose 2008 presidential campaign received $994,795 in donations from Goldman's political action committee, its employees and their relatives. He also met twice with Obama's top economic adviser, Larry Summers.

Read more: Goldman's White House connections raise eyebrows | McClatchy

beer summit part deux?

I believe in personal responsibility... but I don't believe in my taking the rssponsibility for someone else.

Not for someone you supported and voted for?

If the best that the left has is 'Mommy, he did it too' then it is no wonder the country is in such a damned mess. It was NOT acceptable with the previous administration and it is NOT acceptable in this one. I thought this guy was supposed to be different.

Same old shit, different day.

How in the hell can you regulate an industry without talking to the people involved.

Who else did Obama chat with before proposing his ideas?

They dont care about that they just want to pretend its not OK to talk to people.

If the best that the left has is 'Mommy, he did it too' then it is no wonder the country is in such a damned mess. It was NOT acceptable with the previous administration and it is NOT acceptable in this one. I thought this guy was supposed to be different.

Same old shit, different day.

funny I don't recall the right protesting Bush spending or concealed meetings in the WH.

Why should I listen to such partisan parrots?

Your closed lips of the past devalues your rhetoric of today.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back