Happy Lenin's Birthday, er, Earth Day

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Jan 3, 2009
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
Interesting coincidence, isn't it? :lol:

THURSDAY is Lenin's Birthday. It will be celebrated around the world as Earth Day, a holiday begun by Democratic Sen. Gaylord Nelson in 1970 to keep anti-capitalist sentiment going after the Vietnam War ended.

Ten years ago, on the 30th anniversary of Earth Day, Ronald Bailey of Reason magazine recycled some quotes from that first Earth Day.

"I'm scared," Paul Ehrlich wrote in the 1970 Earth Day issue of Look. "I have a 14-year-old daughter whom I love very much. I know a lot of young people, and their world is being destroyed.

"My world is being destroyed. I'm 37 and I'd kind of like to live to be 67 in a reasonably pleasant world, and not die in some kind of holocaust in the next decade."

Lord willing and the creek doesn't rise, Ehrlich will turn 78 next month.

"We have about five more years at the outside to do something," ecologist Kenneth Watt said at Swarthmore College in 1970.

"We have about five more years at the outside to do something," ecologist Kenneth Watt said at Swarthmore College in 1970.

Well, we must have done something right. We're still here.

Happy Lenin's Birthday, er, Earth Day   - Don Surber - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -

Also, a nice list of reasons you shouldn't pay any attention to environmentalist wacko moonbat alarmists:

Earth Day predictions of 1970. The reason you shouldn’t believe Earth Day predictions of 2009. | Conservative News from IHateTheMedia.com

Happy Lenin's Birthday, er, Earth Day

Volcano-Erupts-In-Iceland-004.jpg

Obviously Mother Earth doesn't think there is ENOUGH shit in the atmosphere...

I got some trash to rapidly oxidize freeing the trapped CO2, Carbon, Hydrogen...
Gotta catch up, I'm wayyyyyyyyy behind

Last edited:

THURSDAY is Lenin's Birthday. It will be celebrated around the world as Earth Day, a holiday begun by Democratic Sen. Gaylord Nelson in 1970 to keep anti-capitalist sentiment going after the Vietnam War ended.

Ten years ago, on the 30th anniversary of Earth Day, Ronald Bailey of Reason magazine recycled some quotes from that first Earth Day.

"I'm scared," Paul Ehrlich wrote in the 1970 Earth Day issue of Look. "I have a 14-year-old daughter whom I love very much. I know a lot of young people, and their world is being destroyed.

"My world is being destroyed. I'm 37 and I'd kind of like to live to be 67 in a reasonably pleasant world, and not die in some kind of holocaust in the next decade."

Happy Lenin's Birthday, er, Earth Day * - Don Surber - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -

Also, a nice list of reasons you shouldn't pay any attention to environmentalist wacko moonbat alarmists:

Earth Day predictions of 1970. The reason you shouldn’t believe Earth Day predictions of 2009. | Conservative News from IHateTheMedia.com

Isn't president Obama going to fly the Russian flag and accompanied by a 50'X30' picture of Lenin over the White House? :D

Happy Lenin's Birthday, er, Earth Day * - Don Surber - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -

And April 20th is Hitlers birthday. The day all stoners of the world celebrate. Somebody call Fox Nation. There is something to this. I bet there is even a liberal cause that celebrates on Stalin's birthday.:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Like I keep saying: Green is the New Red.

My favorite:

“The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years. If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.”
• Kenneth Watt, Ecologist

This is why we don't listen to you global warming wackos, you are the same as this idiot.

How silly... being responsible about our use of the earth's resources is communist?

man, when did pretend conservatives lose so many IQ points?

Earth day is a scam.

You get a bunch of once a year activists out to pick up the trash they've been throwing on the ground all year long. Big Biden deal.

Those of us who do the right thing every day and pick up trash when we see it do so quietly and without wanting attention. Many of us conserve because it is prudent and saves money in the long run but to some that is not the "right" reason.

And April 20th is Hitlers birthday. The day all stoners of the world celebrate. Somebody call Fox Nation. There is something to this. I bet there is even a liberal cause that celebrates on Stalin's birthday.:cuckoo:

Wait the conspiracy goes on even further. On Mussolini's birthday, July29th, the USS Indianapolis was sunk, NASA was created, Princess Di married Prince Charles, and Woodstock 1999 was held. OMG, on my birthday, April 5th, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were sentenced to death for revealing secrets to the Soviets.:eek: It goes deeper than I thought. And what ties it all together is that on April 15th, Leonardo Da Vinci's birthday, the tea party held a rally in Washington DC. Dan Brown is already working on this for his next book.

Live in Cleveland for awhile and THEN tell me all environmental concerns are unwarranted. If the active steel mills, etc., were not enough of a threat to the environment, the abandoned ones are worse. It should be illegal to simply lock the front doors and walk away.

BTW, Earth Day is today, April 22nd. It is also Lenin's birthday. It is also Secretary's Day. April 20th was the birthday of the State of Israel. April 22nd is also National Take Our Children To Work Day and Girl Scouts Leader Appreciation Day. Tomorrow is Shakespeare's birthday.

Are there no coincidences in your world?

How silly... being responsible about our use of the earth's resources is communist?

ABout the time my conservative chums informed me that Ronald Reagan was going to be POTUS. (like two years before the election, I note)

What.. the Chesterfields 20 mule team Borax guy? I asked.

And believe me, when they told me that that would happen I laughed and laughed.

A politic maven I'm definitely not.

I do have a system though.

Now I try to imagine the WORST candidate from both parties.

One of them WILL be POTUS.

Live in Cleveland for awhile and THEN tell me all environmental concerns are unwarranted. If the active steel mills, etc., were not enough of a threat to the environment, the abandoned ones are worse. It should be illegal to simply lock the front doors and walk away.

BTW, Earth Day is today, April 22nd. It is also Lenin's birthday. It is also Secretary's Day. April 20th was the birthday of the State of Israel. April 22nd is also National Take Our Children To Work Day and Girl Scouts Leader Appreciation Day. Tomorrow is Shakespeare's birthday.

Are there no coincidences in your world?

OOOHHH NOOOOEEES they are all commies

I'm sure the pot heads whose origins 420 came from REALLY were giant Hitler fans.. Clearly, Earth day is a caveat in the Commie manifesto!

:rofl:

the dumb shit some people come up with, illuminati style, cracks my shit up. for real.

Lol here is the goals of the communist party USA from wiki;

"Among the points in the party's "Immediate Program" are a $12/hour minimum wage for all workers, national universal health care, and opposition to privatization of United States Social Security. Economic measures such as increased taxes on "the rich and corporations," "strong regulation" of the financial industry, "regulation and public ownership of utilities," and increased federal aid to cities and states; opposition to the Iraq War and other military interventions; opposition to free trade treaties such as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA); nuclear disarmament and a reduced military budget; various civil rights provisions; campaign finance reform including public financing of campaigns; and election law reform, including Instant Runoff Voting.[39]"

Obama is right on task.

The irony...the communists in Russia held the EXACT same beliefs as the right wing pea brains..."ecocide"

With the breakup of the Soviet Union in 1991, Moscow and the Russian Federation escaped direct responsibility for some of the world's worst environmental devastation because many of the Soviet disaster sites were now in other countries. Since then, however, the gravity and complexity of threats to Russia's own environment have become clear. During the first years of transition and reform, Russia's response to those conditions was sporadic and often ineffectual.

Only in the late 1980s and early 1990s was a linkage identified between the increasingly poor state of human health and the destruction of ecosystems in Russia. When that linkage was established, a new word was coined to sum up the environmental record of the Soviet era--"ecocide."

Environmental Conditions

In the Soviet system, environmentally threatening incidents such as the bursting of an oil pipeline received little or no public notice, and remedial actions were slow or nonexistent. Government officials felt that natural resources were abundant enough to afford waste, that the land could easily absorb any level of pollution, and that stringent control measures were an unjustifiable hindrance to economic advancement. In the 1990s, after decades of such practices, the government categorized about 40 percent of Russia's territory (an area about three-quarters as large as the United States) as under high or moderately high ecological stress. Excluding areas of radiation contamination, fifty-six areas have been identified as environmentally degraded regions, ranging from full-fledged ecological disaster areas to moderately polluted areas.
Russia - Environmental Problems

Earth day is a scam.

You get a bunch of once a year activists out to pick up the trash they've been throwing on the ground all year long. Big Biden deal.

Those of us who do the right thing every day and pick up trash when we see it do so quietly and without wanting attention. Many of us conserve because it is prudent and saves money in the long run but to some that is not the "right" reason.

Bumped

Earth day is a scam.

Bumped

Those are good reasons. But your portrait of others really only paints a self portrait.

Forum List

Back