He Will Come Like A Thief In The Night

So when you sneak across the border illegally we can seize any money you make?
No, but you can certainly line up your trailer park buddies and try to pass a law to make it so
You know, it's amazing what kind of hypocrites the crats are. They openly talk trash about people in Walmarts, trailer parks or in the hills of Kentucky etc, but as soon as a conservative expresses their views on ones character, political beliefs, ideologies, actions, personalities, this is when the crats/liberals go bonkers as if they hit the jack pot or something.

No, but you can certainly line up your trailer park buddies and try to pass a law to make it so
You know, it's amazing what kind of hypocrites the crats are. They openly talk trash about people in Walmarts, trailer parks or in the hills of Kentucky etc, but as soon as a conservative expresses their views on ones character, political beliefs, ideologies, actions, personalities, this is when the crats/liberals go bonkers as if they hit the jack pot or something.
I never once said you could not vomit your daily racist rants. I just mock you for them. And you are free to mock me all you like. Sorry crybaby, no hypocrisy.

I never once said you could not vomit your daily racist rants. I just mock you for them. And you are free to mock me all you like. Sorry crybaby, no hypocrisy.
Yep, hypocrisy.

Yep, hypocrisy.
In reality, it's you who are the hypocrite... if I had said something about blacks on the porch eating watermelon, you would have been cackling through your meth teeth. But since I hit close to home, you're whining like a little b****.

Anyhoo, trailer park creatures come in all colors, as I found out in my many visits to the South.

Yep, hypocrisy.
In reality, it's you who are the hypocrite... if I had said something about blacks on the porch eating watermelon, you would have been cackling through your meth teeth. But since I hit close to home, you're whining like a little b****.

Anyhoo, trailer park creatures come in all colors, as I found out in my many visits to the South.
You done lying like a rug hypocrite ?

Rules for Radicals, typical response. Only Trailer park people are you sorry ass liberals who dont know how to earn a buck. But have to rely on Uncle Sugar and his welfare...Still you assholes dont thank US for giving up some of our money so you can stay alive...

Now how would government know someone bought or purchased something with ill gotten gains ??
Because those people are usually unable to show another suitable source of income. So when these landlords are paying their mortgages with rent while breaking all the rules and laws, they are purchasing those properties with ill gotten gains.

Um... No.

You have the same commie-twat imagination as sandinista loving DiBlasio.

Rules for Radicals, typical response. Only Trailer park people are you sorry ass liberals who dont know how to earn a buck. But have to rely on Uncle Sugar and his welfare...Still you assholes dont thank US for giving up some of our money so you can stay alive...
You're a whiny little trailer creature, Cletus.

And try to remember that you are whining like a little b**** about a PROPOSED law. So when I remind you how we do things here in my country, as far as your opportunity to get a law passed, I am spot on.

Um... No.
Wow, that's a fascinating argument. You're a deep thinker!

But, in reality, the argument I presented is an argument that would be used to sieze property. That's a fact. And if stomping your feet and screaming "No!" is the best you got, then you're not even in the debate.

Um... No.
Wow, that's a fascinating argument. You're a deep thinker!

But, in reality, the argument I presented is an argument that would be used to sieze property. That's a fact. And if stomping your feet and screaming "No!" is the best you got, then you're not even in the debate.

No, it's wishful thinking on your part to justify theft via government of private property.

It's hard to debate a useless fool like you, especially when you make a worthless statement, as seen above.

I rented in a slum once--it was all I could afford even though I was working full time. Pink collar job, a kid, ridiculous cost of living, it being Connecticut. So anyway, some property adjacent to our scummy neighborhood of junkies, welfare queens and generally broke people was bought by real estate developers and they wanted the undesirables OUT. Somehow they forced a bunch of the slum lords to sell. I don't know how. She (the landlady) had replaced the hot water heater when it went, and the o-ring under the toilet when that went. The lights and the water worked. The lawn got mowed. We paid our rent. So how they forced her out, I don't know; her only real sin was renting to trash like us. She sold to a young yuppie couple who doubled my rent within the first year, with doing absolutely nothing to improve my apartment. Nothing. There wasn't any fair housing or rental commission at that point in Connecticut--probably still isn't.
So anyway what ended up happening was that I was forced to move from the only affordable rent I could find anywhere, because some rich folk wanted to build their McMansions down the street. And then the real estate bubble burst and they never developed the property anyway. Everyone lost but the asshole yuppies.

Every time I hear about slum lords being forced to sell, I think of the other side of that story.

I rented in a slum once--it was all I could afford even though I was working full time. Pink collar job, a kid, ridiculous cost of living, it being Connecticut. So anyway, some property adjacent to our scummy neighborhood of junkies, welfare queens and generally broke people was bought by real estate developers and they wanted the undesirables OUT. Somehow they forced a bunch of the slum lords to sell. I don't know how. She (the landlady) had replaced the hot water heater when it went, and the o-ring under the toilet when that went. The lights and the water worked. The lawn got mowed. We paid our rent. So how they forced her out, I don't know; her only real sin was renting to trash like us. She sold to a young yuppie couple who doubled my rent within the first year, with doing absolutely nothing to improve my apartment. Nothing. There wasn't any fair housing or rental commission at that point in Connecticut--probably still isn't.
So anyway what ended up happening was that I was forced to move from the only affordable rent I could find anywhere, because some rich folk wanted to build their McMansions down the street. And then the real estate bubble burst and they never developed the property anyway. Everyone lost but the asshole yuppies.

Every time I hear about slum lords being forced to sell, I think of the other side of that story.

There are actual "slum lords" and then there are property owners who just can't keep up with the destructiveness of their tenants, especially when it comes to rent controlled units.

There is no private property.
You should be used to that by now.
You only rent from government - property tax.
Government can seize your property at will - Supreme Court ruling in New London, CT.

BIT....

Actually, I do know of one state where there still IS private property. Some areas not incorporated into cities, towns, counties or even boroughs. No property tax. No income tax. No sales tax. Of course no jobs, no stores and children still need to be surrendered to the state to be indoctrinated in "schools" and the transportation cost is on the parents - unless they home school.

A temporary condition with lots of state pressure to incorporate but lots of effective resistance.

Heartbreaking story indeed, but don't blame the rich or the yuppies. Blame those who make it bad for everyone including you. Sadly it is wildly figured that being bums, drug addicts, gang members, lazy aces, career criminals, trouble makers, and just trashy people is supposed to just go along with the territory of being poor. Well it's not, and if things get to far out of hand, then of course someone needs to finally do something about it. Sorry you got caught up in the do something about it part of it.

Poverty is no excuse for being trashy bad people. Whomever figured it was were just idiots who don't deserve a job over programs that involve helping the poor or any power positions what so ever.

No, it's wishful thinking on your part to justify theft via government of private property.
No, it's the argument that can be made for siezing property. Sorry, you excitable little guy, we we're just discussing the proposed law. I didn't even say I agreed with it, really. Not sure I do. But I know how you righties love your civil forfeiture, so you probably love the idea.

Yes it's wrong of course, but why don't anyone come up with a plan to make these slumlords either clean up, fix up or maybe get fined big bucks for not cleaning up, fixing up or meeting code ???

The problem is with government officials in charge of codes enforcement. They aren't doing their jobs, and the good ole boys are getting a free pass.

If you can't maintain your property in looks and in code, then something needs to give.

I also think that anyone leasing or renting homes to people for living quarters, then they should be mandatorily made to live within 50' to 75' of the property being leased or rented as said residential dwellings.

This move or plan would help big on controlling blight, and the bad actors living in homes rented that they abuse and abuse others from.

Wouldn't you all agree ?
Most of NYC is rent controlled meaning that there is no money to fix up these properties. The taxes go up every year. The rents can't.

In recent years rental building ownership in rent controlled areas has moved into the hands of foreign investment. They just don't understand how limited they are in the control of their properties.

Santa Monica is heavily rent controlled. Rather than fix up rentals with no hope of return, owners tear down apartment buildings and build condos.

Yes it's wrong of course, but why don't anyone come up with a plan to make these slumlords either clean up, fix up or maybe get fined big bucks for not cleaning up, fixing up or meeting code ???

The problem is with government officials in charge of codes enforcement. They aren't doing their jobs, and the good ole boys are getting a free pass.

If you can't maintain your property in looks and in code, then something needs to give.

I also think that anyone leasing or renting homes to people for living quarters, then they should be mandatorily made to live within 50' to 75' of the property being leased or rented as said residential dwellings.

This move or plan would help big on controlling blight, and the bad actors living in homes rented that they abuse and abuse others from.

Wouldn't you all agree ?
Most of NYC is rent controlled meaning that there is no money to fix up these properties. The taxes go up every year. The rents can't.

In recent years rental building ownership in rent controlled areas has moved into the hands of foreign investment. They just don't understand how limited they are in the control of their properties.

Santa Monica is heavily rent controlled. Rather than fix up rentals with no hope of return, owners tear down apartment buildings and build condos.
So, did you just make all that up just now, or sometime in the past?

Rent-stabilized apartments
That brings us to rent stabilization, a much more common way for New Yorkers to secure under-market rent. While only around one percent of New York rental units are rent controlled, roughly 50 percent of the city’s units are stabilized. Rent stabilization generally applies to apartments in buildings of six or more units constructed before 1974.

Once in a stabilized apartment, your landlord can only increase your rent by a percentage determined by the Rent Guidelines Board, which becomes a hot-button issue every year. Unlike other affordable programs, the rent does not depend on your income level, the apartment size, how many people live there, or any other needs-based factors. The biggest impact on the rent is how often the apartment has turned over in the past, as well as any renovations the landlord has undertaken.

Rent control vs. rent stabilization in NYC, explained

No, it's the argument that can be made for siezing property. Sorry, you excitable little guy, we we're just discussing the proposed law. I didn't even say I agreed with it, really. Not sure I do. But I know how you righties love your civil forfeiture, so you probably love the idea.

A lot of "righties" hate civil asset forfeiture. Try reading sites like Volokh or Reason to see that.

Educate yourself before you spew bullshit.

Forum List

Back