He Will Come Like A Thief In The Night

In theory the city could condemn property for public use and pay the owner fair value, but the owner could take the deal to court. Does NYC have that much money?

Is it any different than law enforcement civil asset forfeiture system where they take your shit without you even being found guilty of anything?

In theory the city could condemn property for public use and pay the owner fair value, but the owner could take the deal to court. Does NYC have that much money?

Eminent domain has been used by cities for the purpose of increasing tax revenue

Yes it's wrong of course, but why don't anyone come up with a plan to make these slumlords either clean up, fix up or maybe get fined big bucks for not cleaning up, fixing up or meeting code ???

The problem is with government officials in charge of codes enforcement. They aren't doing their jobs, and the good ole boys are getting a free pass.

If you can't maintain your property in looks and in code, then something needs to give.

I also think that anyone leasing or renting homes to people for living quarters, then they should be mandatorily made to live within 50' to 75' of the property being leased or rented as said residential dwellings.

This move or plan would help big on controlling blight, and the bad actors living in homes rented that they abuse and abuse others from.

Wouldn't you all agree ?

Yes it's wrong of course, but why don't anyone come up with a plan to make these slumlords either clean up, fix up or maybe get fined big bucks for not cleaning up, fixing up or meeting code ???

The problem is with government officials in charge of codes enforcement. They aren't doing their jobs, and the good ole boys are getting a free pass.

If you can't maintain your property in looks and in code, then something needs to give.

I also think that anyone leasing or renting homes to people for living quarters, then they should be mandatorily made to live within 50' to 75' of the property being leased or rented as said residential dwellings.

Wouldn't you all agree ?

Where to begin......
~S~

Wouldn't you all agree ?

Where to begin......
~S~
Gave a few examples in the post, and in the edit.

Businesses and the well-to-do would do well to leave New York, and not just the city.

De Blasio pitches plan to seize private property of problem landlords, opponents cry ‘communism’
If you possess something by ill gotten gains, the government may sieze it. This is not a new idea, really.
Now how would government know someone bought or purchased something with ill gotten gains ?? Hmmmm, maybe if you had Mueller on the case, then some distant stone might be turned over. LOL.

Now how would government know someone bought or purchased something with ill gotten gains ??
Because those people are usually unable to show another suitable source of income. So when these landlords are paying their mortgages with rent while breaking all the rules and laws, they are purchasing those properties with ill gotten gains.

NYC had better start saving its pennies to pay for all that free medical care they're gonna give all the Illegal Beaners.

Oh, and, free medical care for all the Welfare Weiners that the Illegal Beaners are displacing in the job market.

Sanctuary Cities and Free Healthcare Cities face some interesting fiscal choices in the years ahead.

Businesses and the well-to-do would do well to leave New York, and not just the city.

De Blasio pitches plan to seize private property of problem landlords, opponents cry ‘communism’
If you possess something by ill gotten gains, the government may sieze it. This is not a new idea, really.
Now how would government know someone bought or purchased something with ill gotten gains ?? Hmmmm, maybe if you had Mueller on the case, then some distant stone might be turned over. LOL.

It'd take the clown years to do it

I do hope De Blasphio walks the walk, and starts confiscating property. You will see a mass exodus of most businesses because if he can do it to the little guy, the big guys will be next......That or some pissed off black guy who lost his apartment because De stole it, will shoot the commie bastard....

Wouldn't you all agree ?

Where to begin......
~S~
Gave a few examples in the post, and in the edit.
i'll give it a go beagle

i'm a spark, yank wires all day, etc etc....many of the tenaments aren't up to 'life safety codes', not to be confuised with any given trades codes

These are what the state authorities (usually fire marshal) consider for a rentable abode.

the thing is, they come, either by the landlords asking, tenant complaint, or incident involving someone getting back to the athorities....and so we provide the bandaids to help them carry on.

The problem is, codes change , keeping up is rather a task, even for an ethical landlord. ...In fact , revolving doctrines , most are unaware the NFPA (or similar org) even exist

And in most states, the punishment justifies the crime . At present i've been the spark for or a number of locally condemned structures , going on 6-7 years after being cited and given 6 months to remedy this that, and the other thing

See, the 'state' isn't much of a landlord themselves , not so good with evictions,especially in winter, or w/kids, etc.....

Eminent domain's remedy is to have it all fall in the taxpayers lap , so much for the 'free market' providing it's own remedies , or gub'mit's best intents for that matter

But hey, hopefully i've provided some insight, i don't like being a slum spark , but can speak fluent crackhead if a translator is needed....~S~

Forum List

Back