"He didn't say what he meant."

Or when he said he would re-negotiate NAFTA, and then sent Austan Goolsby to Canada to tell the Canadians he was just joking.

I wonder if Michelle is bothered by the fact that he does not mean what he says.

"Yeah, honey...another late night in the oval office."

It's not like the Supremes didn't make a bad ruling ever.

that's not the issue.

What's the issue then? Criticizing the crows? Oh, boo hoo hoo. They are nothing lately but partisan hacks.

The issue is the fact that some posters on this board keep telling me he didn't say what I heard. I hope that bringing in a guy that they think is smarter than I am who actually agrees with me that Obama said the wrong thing might get them to admit he said the wrong thing.

He's going to save the average family $8,000 per year too!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bmv75p5Ag8&]Barack Obama falsely claims new mandated fuel standard will save families $8000 per year - YouTube[/ame]

It's not like the Supremes didn't make a bad ruling ever.

Not that ANY OF US really know the outcome...but will find out.

Does Obama know from the inside what's going on? Since he has two supporters IN the court...could Obama be letting the cat out of the bag?

No, you did not hear correctly it appears; he was arguing AGAINST judicial activism, not stating the USSC could not render a decision.

I posted the actual video of what he said, what he said is that the court striking down a law passed by a large margin is unprecedented. Even Tribe heard that, and said he was wrong, why can't you?

I posted the actual video of what he said, what he said is that the court striking down a law passed by a large margin is unprecedented. Even Tribe heard that, and said he was wrong, why can't you?

Ive been wondering, on what planet was Obamacare passed by a "large margin"?

The Democrats had to force it through on a legislative trick. Heck, it's questionable if method they used to "pass" it was even Constitutionally valid. How on earth is barely passing a bill a large margin?

He also said that this has never happened before.

When did he say that? By the use of "unprecedented"?

He also said that this would be judicial activism if it were overturned.

It will be, happens frequently. He should not have spoken about the case.

Judicial activism is not overturning unconstitutional laws, it is taking a law like the Clean Air Act that regulates particulates in the atmosphere and applying it to regulate a normal part of the atmosphere.

Anyone with an IQ above freezing should understand that.

It's quite possible he did misspeak. He does it quite often. Im more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Though I still think he's completely wrong if he thinks it's unprecedented.

It was a major prepared speech. It wasn't like an interview or something. He had time to consider what he was saying and its implications.
No, the speech was a disaster and this is the White House desperately trying to salvage it.

Does anyone really believe Obama thinks overturning Obamacare would be an unprecedented meddling? Probably he was thinkng of SS and other New Deal programs, that were upheld by a whcisker.

I think you could argue given the scope and size it would be unprecedented, but that might be stretching it a bit.

I'm more curious how all the "conservatives" saw that speech and thought it was threatening! That makes no sense!

The same way you insist that all conservatives think that when they don't, you are as idiotic as the people you are complaining about.

If there are so many misunderstandings from what Obama says, he has three choices.

1. Continue to be misunderstood.
2. Be more clear about what he means.
3. Be quiet.

Ive been wondering, on what planet was Obamacare passed by a "large margin"?

The Democrats had to force it through on a legislative trick. Heck, it's questionable if method they used to "pass" it was even Constitutionally valid. How on earth is barely passing a bill a large margin?

I haven't heard Obama complaining about the activist judges who overturned the Flag Desecration act, and that was passed by a large margin.

Every time Obama speaks off the cuff, we realize that the emperor has no clothes. Obama is an inexperienced boob who finds himself in WAY over his head.

Wait a minute. You might want to double check your story with your fellow "conservatives". They are claiming this was a "major, prepared speech" and that is why Obama is a liar. Now you're saying he was speaking off the cuff.

So which is it guys?

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming that he spoke off the cuff. Either way, the President lied, but if it was a prepared speech it is even worse!

Here is what he said ""I'm confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress."

HUH?? What do you think the SCOTUS has been doing for the past 200+years? Did he forget that he was a constitutional professor? Or was that a lie too?

He's a smooth liar, very smooth.

You are more generous than me -I think he knew exactly what he was saying and once again merely committed an error in judgment about how stupid Americans are. He believed the American people would overwhelmingly get behind him in stripping others of religious freedoms for $9 a month birth control pills -not even women supported that one with the majority agreeing ANYONE and not just those with religious beliefs, who had moral objections to covering birth control pills should be exempt from having to pay for them. And he seems positive people are so stupid he can convince them to turn on the Supreme Court and start dismantling our checks and balances in order to shift greater power to the other two branches of government -he has repeatedly attacked them since taking office. He thinks the other two branches of government are within their rights to redefine or ignore the Constitution entirely if THEY want -being elected an all. He thinks if he just insists long enough the Supreme Court is filled with no one but political hacks like him and are people who don't take their jobs seriously, we will all MOO on cue and buy into it. Well he actually means ONLY the Republican appointed justices are political hacks of course -the Democrat ones we are supposed to pretend are pure, holy, infallible and as close to godlike as possible on this planet. ROFL Problem is -the vast majority believe the Supreme Court is the least politically corrupt branch of government and Obama constantly attacking it and trying to politicize it only shows HIS corruption -not theirs.

Too many lies in his statement to go through -but the idea Obamacare was passed with a strong majority is ludicrous and insulting. It was an entirely partisan vote, had not even ONE Republican vote -and no support from the public either which overwhelmingly wants it repealed. The only way they got it passed in the House was with backroom deals, empty promises and downright lies. Will Obama go on the attack against the American people for refusing to support a bill they never wanted but was rammed down their throats against their will anyway? Obama is an egomaniac -seriously. Even the French President recognized it and said he thought the guy was a dangerous madman.

Did he have the teleprompter or not? :lol:

I'm guessing TOTUS had the day off. Obama can't put together a sentence without help and is far less eloquent when he ad libs. Nice of other people to come out and make excuses for him. I think Obama meant what he said and, just like the mic mishap when he talked about having more flexibility after the election, Obama tends to let the truth slip when left to his own devices.

Every time Obama speaks off the cuff, we realize that the emperor has no clothes. Obama is an inexperienced boob who finds himself in WAY over his head.

Wait a minute. You might want to double check your story with your fellow "conservatives". They are claiming this was a "major, prepared speech" and that is why Obama is a liar. Now you're saying he was speaking off the cuff.

So which is it guys?

It's when he speaks off the cuff that we glimpse the real Communist agitator.

Jeebus dupes are FOS. LOL!

Take you fingers out of your ears (which is quite a trick as your head is up your ass) and try to put together a post that actually makes some sense.

At the same time, put away the booze.

The drinking and your retarded posts are connected.

Forum List

Back