"He didn't say what he meant."

What we got:

The president addressed his comments Tuesday. “The point I was making,” Mr. Obama said at a luncheon with reporters and editors, “is that the Supreme Court is the final say on our Constitution and our laws, and all of us have to respect it, but it’s precisely because of that extraordinary power that the Court has traditionally exercised significant restraint and deference to our duly elected legislature, our Congress.” ~ above article

What we should have gotten:

I'm sorry, I was upset about Obamacare's future in the hands of the Supreme Court, but will honor whatever their decision is.

Exactly.

I think "conservatives" are pissed because Obama had a human moment.

He said nothing about USSC authority, just ran his mouth about JUDICIAL ACTIVISM, as so many before him have.

It's not like the Supremes didn't make a bad ruling ever.

that's not the issue.

What's the issue then? Criticizing the crows? Oh, boo hoo hoo. They are nothing lately but partisan hacks.

One of the issues is whether or not Obamacare is Constitutional. If the individual mandate is legal, then there are no property rights.

That is the issue.

A secondary issue is that Obama is trying to undermine the authority and the legitimacy of the court as he has done at every opportunity causing some of the justices to contemplate a joint boycott of the most recent SOTU.

He publicly said that they were politically motivated before the entire nation.

Accepting his legitimacy as a Constitutional Law professor, we can only conclude that he's a politically motivated underminer of the Republic and is actively trying to undo the legal system while he bankrupts the treasury.

If his accomplishments were attempted by a foreign power, they would be regarded as acts of war.

Last edited:
Exactly.

If you consider a crazed omnipotent moment combined with a misrepresentation of our Constutional government, then yes you are correct.

I don't see how mis-using the word "unprecedented" resulted in all that you claim.

Mis-using and intentionally lying about something are two completely different things.

This was a part of his attack on the Supreme court including the strong statement that these Justices are not elected and demeaning their authority because of it.

Not that ANY OF US really know the outcome...but will find out.

Does Obama know from the inside what's going on? Since he has two supporters IN the court...could Obama be letting the cat out of the bag?

No, you did not hear correctly it appears; he was arguing AGAINST judicial activism, not stating the USSC could not render a decision.

What we got:

The president addressed his comments Tuesday. “The point I was making,” Mr. Obama said at a luncheon with reporters and editors, “is that the Supreme Court is the final say on our Constitution and our laws, and all of us have to respect it, but it’s precisely because of that extraordinary power that the Court has traditionally exercised significant restraint and deference to our duly elected legislature, our Congress.” ~ above article

I'm sorry, I was upset about Obamacare's future in the hands of the Supreme Court, but will honor whatever their decision is.

Exactly.

He said nothing about USSC authority, just ran his mouth about JUDICIAL ACTIVISM, as so many before him have.

He emphasized that the Congress passed this abortion on strong majorities, which it did not and that it might be overturned by justices who unelected.

He also said that this has never happened before.

He also said that this would be judicial activism if it were overturned.

The majorities were narrow.

This happens on average two times per year.

This is not what judicial activism means.

He is lying and threatening to overcome the working of the law. The illegal obamacare was passed by device against the will of the people and now he is trying to lie and bully it through again.

This is basic property rights, folks. If the government can make you enter into a contract to buy something that you may or may not want from people with whom you may or may not want do trade, you have no rights at all.

It really is just that simple.

Exactly.

He emphasized that the Congress passed this abortion on strong majorities, which it did not and that it might be overturned by justices who unelected.

The majorities were narrow.

This happens on average two times per year.

This is not what judicial activism means.

He is lying and threatening to overcome the working of the law. The illegal obamacare was passed by device against the will of the people and now he is trying to lie and bully it through again.

This is basic property rights, folks. If the government can make you enter into a contract to buy something that you may or may not want from people with whom you may or may not want do trade, you have no rights at all.

It really is just that simple.

He did indeed...

Does Obama know from the inside what's going on? Since he has two supporters IN the court...could Obama be letting the cat out of the bag?

No, you did not hear correctly it appears; he was arguing AGAINST judicial activism, not stating the USSC could not render a decision.

He also said that correctly ruling that their law is not constitutional is Judicial Activism and that's not what it means. In the truest sense, upholding this travesty would be Judicial Activism.

He is charging that Marbury vs. Madison was wrong.

But yet you don't hear a PEEP out of him when the 9th Circus does it...

C'mon Peach...stop dilluding yerself. He acted like there was NO precident...and to his comments about 'unelected' people?

What do you think the IPAB panel is made up of?

YOU need to think. Seriously.

He also said that correctly ruling that their law is not constitutional is Judicial Activism and that's not what it means. In the truest sense, upholding this travesty would be Judicial Activism.

He is charging that Marbury vs. Madison was wrong.

Pretty much. Obama the 'Constitutional law Professor' is playing to the stupid among us for re-election purposes.

It's quite possible he did misspeak. He does it quite often. Im more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Though I still think he's completely wrong if he thinks it's unprecedented.

It was a major prepared speech. It wasn't like an interview or something. He had time to consider what he was saying and its implications.
No, the speech was a disaster and this is the White House desperately trying to salvage it.

Does anyone really believe Obama thinks overturning Obamacare would be an unprecedented meddling? Probably he was thinkng of SS and other New Deal programs, that were upheld by a whcisker.

When did he say that? By the use of "unprecedented"?

It will be, happens frequently. He should not have spoken about the case.

What we got:

Exactly.

Nah, just pointing out that there's nothing at all special about this man... he's as mediocre as they come.

C'mon Peach...stop dilluding yerself. He acted like there was NO precident...and to his comments about 'unelected' people?

YOU need to READ T, I have posted again, and again, Obama should NOT discuss cases pending before any Federal court, paticularly the USSC.

What we got:

Exactly.

Nah, just pointing out that there's nothing at all special about this man... he's as mediocre as they come.

And still practicing OJT being POTUS.

He was NEVER ready for it, but forced upon us. Time to get rid of his ass.

He's done enough damage.

BEEP *YOU need to READ T, I have posted again, and again, Obama should NOT discuss cases pending before any Federal court, paticularly the USSC.[/I][/I][/I][/B][/I][/I] BEEP*

YOU need to READ T, I have posted again, and again, Obama should NOT discuss cases pending before any Federal court, paticularly the USSC.

Quote function fixed...YOU were saying what now?

Forum List

Back