Hawaiian judge blocks Trump's new immigration ban EO: Did the judge say what law(s) it violated?

Or did he simply say, "That causes too many problems here at home, so I'm invalidating it"?

Can judges overrule Presidents now without grounds, simply because they feel like it?

P.S. The ruling was 43 pages. Yet it was released less than two hours after the hearing. That guy must have been a hellacious typist.

Or... had he already made his decision, before the hearing even began?

---------------------------------

News from The Associated Press

Mar 15, 7:13 PM EDT

The Latest: Judge who put ban on hold was nominated by Obama

The Latest on legal challenges to the Trump administration's revised travel ban (all times Pacific unless noted):

4:10 p.m.

The judge in Hawaii who put President Donald Trump's revised travel ban on hold was nominated to the federal bench by President Barack Obama.

U.S. District Judge Derrick Kahala Watson got his nod in 2012 and is currently the only Native Hawaiian judge serving on the federal bench and the fourth in U.S. history.

He received his law degree from Harvard Law School in 1991.

His 43-page decision Wednesday was released less than two hours after the hearing ended.

This is another judge who has no respect for the law.

Apparently it violates the establishment clause. Yet no one knows what church it establishes
Oh for fucks sake, THIS again?!

That's not the sole application of the establishment clause! It means government can't discriminate on basis of religion! And that moron #45 just went out in public and said YET AGAIN that his purpose is to exclude MUSLIMS.

Read a book already!

I understand our current education system neglects educating the people about the constitution. And I understand you are unable to answer the question because there is no answer. That is no excuse for and uncivil response.

The constitution restrains government in two areas. I'll try to make this as simple as possible. The two areas are the establishment clause, which prevents the government from forcing a religious viewpoint and in some situations religious activities onto people, and the free exercise clause which prevents government from stopping you from practicing your religion.

This executive order doesn't force a religious viewpoint onto anyone. It doesn't mention religion. It doesn't prevent anyone from practicing their religion.

Neither clause is in play.

And for future reference if there was a law that targeting a certain religious group, it would be a free exercise issue and not an establishment clause issue.

This ruling should be overturned immediately.
Listen, really - you are embarrassing yourself.

I really actually do have a law degree, and a law license, and years of practicing in our courts and writing briefs based on Constitutional arguments.

You likely didn't take an American Government course beyond the high school level which you might have spent passing notes to the cute girl you wanted to shag. No offense, but you are WAY out of your league and really saying dumb things about judicial review and Constitutionality.
Lol, another internet expert who cant read the fucking Constitution,.

Go get a brain, nitwit, and/or sober the hell up, I dont care which.
A former software engineer does not a legal intellect make, sir. Sorry, you lose bigly!

You are a disgusting human being and Hell was made for ugly people such as you.

And burn you will For Eternity in fires exponentially hotter than people were consumed by at The World Trade Center!

That is your fate and that is your challenge to The Allmighty to judge you for your wickedness. And judge you He will, but sadly for America and The Democrat Party, there are Far Far too many of You.

You think you are in control of the situation?

Think again, your rebellion and lawlessness was foretold. You are not in control, your sins lead you by the nose like a bull for slaughter.

The only place you are leading This Nation to is to judgement if no one resists your advances.

But with Judgement will come
Redemption for those who are faithful to God and who practice and live a moral life.

But for you all that waits is Eternal Separation from God.

And you will willingly March down that path to your own destruction no matter how many people warn you that there is danger ahead and plead with you to turn away from the path of damnation.

He who has murder in his heart IS A MURDERER.

Your comments bare that out. And Judgement day for you will prove that out.

have a false flag attack performed in the US preferably a very liberal area and make sure it can be traced right back to the countries he wants banned from coming here.
This is what conservatives want. I'm not sure that if 9/11 happened again tomorrow, that Trump supporters wouldn't be happy about it.

Last edited:
When a case comes before a federal court on EMERGENCY hearing, the judge and his clerks have already read the briefs and associated documents and prepared the majority of the court's order based on those documents. At hearing the lawyers get to argue what they've already argued in writing, and the judge has an opportunity to ask them questions and let them try to clarify or expand on what they argued in writing. Very rarely does the hearing present any new information that the court hasn't already considered.

There was no fix in place. This is how the very smart people with law degrees (less than one percent of the population) protect our Constitution from overreach by politicians of ANY stripe.

They do the very same and rule against the party YOU I don't like too - and when that happens you don't scream RIGGED!!

My husband is one of those "1 percenters" and he says you're as full of shit as a Christmas goose.

Apparently it violates the establishment clause. Yet no one knows what church it establishes

That's not the sole application of the establishment clause! It means government can't discriminate on basis of religion! And that moron #45 just went out in public and said YET AGAIN that his purpose is to exclude MUSLIMS.

Read a book already!

I understand our current education system neglects educating the people about the constitution. And I understand you are unable to answer the question because there is no answer. That is no excuse for and uncivil response.

The constitution restrains government in two areas. I'll try to make this as simple as possible. The two areas are the establishment clause, which prevents the government from forcing a religious viewpoint and in some situations religious activities onto people, and the free exercise clause which prevents government from stopping you from practicing your religion.

This executive order doesn't force a religious viewpoint onto anyone. It doesn't mention religion. It doesn't prevent anyone from practicing their religion.

And for future reference if there was a law that targeting a certain religious group, it would be a free exercise issue and not an establishment clause issue.

I really actually do have a law degree, and a law license, and years of practicing in our courts and writing briefs based on Constitutional arguments.

You likely didn't take an American Government course beyond the high school level which you might have spent passing notes to the cute girl you wanted to shag. No offense, but you are WAY out of your league and really saying dumb things about judicial review and Constitutionality.

Yeah somehow I doubt that as you don't even know the difference between the establishment clause and the free exercise clause nor what they do.

And burn you will For Eternity! That is your fate and that is your challenge to The Allmighty to judge you for your wickedness.

And judge you He will, but sadly for America and The Democrat Party, there are Far Far too many of You.

Think again, your rebellion and lawlessness was foretold.

The only place you are leading this nation to is to judgement if no one resists your advances.

Redemption for those who are faithful to God and who practice and live a moral life.

And you will willingly March down that path to your own destruction no matter how many people warn you that there is danger ahead and plead with you to turn away from the path of damnation.

have a false flag attack performed in the US preferably a very liberal area and make sure it can be traced right back to the countries he wants banned from coming here.
This is what conservatives want. I'm not sure that if 9/11 happened again tomorrow, that Trump supporters wouldn't be happy about it.
I'm pretty sure they have meds for that.

And burn you will For Eternity! That is your fate and that is your challenge to The Allmighty to judge you for your wickedness.

And judge you He will, but sadly for America and The Democrat Party, there are Far Far too many of You.

The only place you are leading this nation to is to judgement if no one resists your advances.

Lol you tell that to me but not the guy asking for Trump to allow a terrorist attack in the U.S. Very telling.

You're not fooling anyone you evil fuck.

Read a book already!

Yeah somehow I doubt that as you don't even know the difference between the establishment clause and the free exercise clause nor what they do.
Again, embarrassing yourself.

Or are you talking to a mirror?

So PDT should just make all immigrant's go through Hawaii. Send every islamist pile of shit there before they can be vetted and sent to the main land. In the mean time Hawaii can be as gracious and helpful as possible. That should work out well. Hawaii will actually turn red.

So PDT should just make all immigrant's go through Hawaii. Send every islamist pile of shit there before they can be vetted and sent to the main land. In the mean time Hawaii can be as gracious and helpful as possible. That should work out well. Hawaii will actually turn red.
Again, that fascist course of action you suggest would ALSO violate the Constitution.

we could of had an asteroid headed for the USA at 87,500 MPH,,,,,due to land in 7 days,,,,Trump would of ordered to Nuke it,,,and that judge/others would of said NO WAY!!

Lol you tell that to me but not the guy asking for Trump to allow a terrorist attack in the U.S. Very telling.

Isaiah 5:20

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Isaiah 5:20

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
You still haven't told the guy off who openly hoped for terrorist attacks against our cities. I guess you can't, really, since he's on your side.

Time for President Trump to do 1 of 2 things. 1. Ignore this ILLEGAL and UNCONSTITUTIONAL ruling and advance it OR have a false flag attack performed in the US preferably a very liberal area and make sure it can be traced right back to the countries he wants banned from coming here.

Did ya see that, nutbags? How's that for patriotism?

Time for President Trump to do 1 of 2 things. 1. Ignore this ILLEGAL and UNCONSTITUTIONAL ruling and advance it OR have a false flag attack performed in the US preferably a very liberal area and make sure it can be traced right back to the countries he wants banned from coming here.

Did ya see that, nutbags? How's that for patriotism?
LOL I am no fucking patriot. I couldn't give 2 shits about the united states of america...I am a white man first and foremost. I wish my forefathers had stayed the fuck in Europe.

Or he could appeal the decision. This is only a temporary stay.

Or he could appeal the decision. This is only a temporary stay.
Meh why bother. Just gonna keep it in place. He is the boss and he needs to put his foot down.

We need this law and that's why Trump waited so long to present a new version. I thought he was going to see them in court?

Ah well, looks like Trump can't seem to pass anything to help Americans without violating the law. Poor guy.

This Judge is interfering in the Administrations ability to set up its own vetting process. A temporary ban of Non US citizens breaks no law. If one person dies because of an unvetted foreign fighter slipped through during this time, both of these judges should be tried and convicted of treason and aiding in the murder of a US citizen.

On the other hand, maybe this judge is on to something. In the Interim all the refugees should be sent to Hawaii. They will all be on one Island and easy for the FBI to keep track of. Being on Hawaii, they will be easy to track cause they cant simply hop in a car and drive off, they will need to book a flight.

Again, that fascist course of action you suggest would ALSO violate the Constitution.
How the hell do you figure that? Is it in the constitution that a state outside the others get's to determine how immigration works? Can the feds not decide where the immigrants enter? And finally, why would that be fascist? Hawaii wants them. Is it fascist to give people what they want?

Forum List

Back