Hawaiian judge blocks Trump's new immigration ban EO: Did the judge say what law(s) it violated?

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Or did he simply say, "That causes too many problems here at home, so I'm invalidating it"?

Can judges overrule Presidents now without grounds, simply because they feel like it?

P.S. The ruling was 43 pages. Yet it was released less than two hours after the hearing. That guy must have been a hellacious typist.

Or... had he already made his decision, before the hearing even began?

---------------------------------

News from The Associated Press

Mar 15, 7:13 PM EDT

The Latest: Judge who put ban on hold was nominated by Obama

The Latest on legal challenges to the Trump administration's revised travel ban (all times Pacific unless noted):

4:10 p.m.

The judge in Hawaii who put President Donald Trump's revised travel ban on hold was nominated to the federal bench by President Barack Obama.

U.S. District Judge Derrick Kahala Watson got his nod in 2012 and is currently the only Native Hawaiian judge serving on the federal bench and the fourth in U.S. history.

He received his law degree from Harvard Law School in 1991.

His 43-page decision Wednesday was released less than two hours after the hearing ended.

Last edited:
You two nitwits haven't been paying attention:

JUDGE SAYS HAWAII CAN CHALLENGE TRUMP'S NEW TRAVEL BAN
BY REUTERS ON 3/8/17

""A federal judge on Wednesday said the state of Hawaii could file an amended complaint against President Donald Trump's new executive order temporarily banning the entry of refugees and travelers from six Muslim-majority countries.

U.S. District Court Judge Derrick Watson in Hawaii said the state could add to its initial lawsuit, which had challenged Trump's original ban signed in January. The state is claiming the revised ban signed by the president on Monday violates the U.S. Constitution. It is the first legal challenge to the revised order.

The state of Hawaii will ask the court on Wednesday to put an emergency halt to Trump's new order, according to a court schedule signed by the judge. A hearing is set for March 15, a day before the new ban is to go into effect."""

Judge says Hawaii can challenge Trump's new travel ban

Dumb judge even said that he wouldn't have issued his order for any president but Trump?! Hope he vacations in sunny Syria, Yemen, Somalia, ....

The Founding Fathers gave way too much power to The Bench so much so the Bench believes it can Legislate. More Power should have been given to the States.

Apparently it violates the establishment clause. Yet no one knows what church it establishes

Time for President Trump to do 1 of 2 things. 1. Ignore this ILLEGAL and UNCONSTITUTIONAL ruling and advance it OR have a false flag attack performed in the US preferably a very liberal area and make sure it can be traced right back to the countries he wants banned from coming here.

When a country devolves in to lawlessness, disrespects and even murders its peace officers, violates Espionage Laws, Violates a People's Rights to Privacy, Establishes So Called Sanctuary Cities IN direct contradiction of the law, and has cities like Chicago that are more dangerous to live in than Afghanistan there are only two things that happen.

1.) The country further plunges in to lawlessness and immorality!

Or

2.) The country turns from the path of destruction and turns away from lawlessness, sin and rebellion.

If they choose # 1 they invite destruction and judgement, and seldom do such nations recover from such a tumble into rebellion and depravity.

Judges in the Bible were Holy Men. Unable to be bribed, uncompromising in principle, never deviating from the law to pursue agendas and "ideologies" that lay outside the law.

When you have a judge sanctioning rebellion, lawlessness, and subversions of the law, he has diishonored the law and dishonored himself, and he has not judged rightly nor has he judged a complaint with blinders on with his only vision being The Law and The Just application of it as it is written.

Woe to such men for they are the pitfall and downfall of Nations.

Last edited:
The racist President and his bigoted minions strike out again.

Score reality 2, psycho right wing minions 0.

All that home schooling made you people communication deficient. You don't know how to talk to normal people.

All that home schooling made you people communication deficient. You don't know how to talk to normal people.
Time to ignore the illegal and unconstitutional blocking. :) I hope a terrorist attack hits San Fransissyco or Jew York City....certainly deserve it!

Apparently it violates the establishment clause. Yet no one knows what church it establishes
Oh for fucks sake, THIS again?!

That's not the sole application of the establishment clause! It means government can't discriminate on basis of religion! And that moron #45 just went out in public and said YET AGAIN that his purpose is to exclude MUSLIMS.

Read a book already!

Time for President Trump to do 1 of 2 things. 1. Ignore this ILLEGAL and UNCONSTITUTIONAL ruling and advance it OR have a false flag attack performed in the US preferably a very liberal area and make sure it can be traced right back to the countries he wants banned from coming here.
You are scum.

We need this law and that's why Trump waited so long to present a new version. I thought he was going to see them in court?

Ah well, looks like Trump can't seem to pass anything to help Americans without violating the law. Poor guy.

Time to ignore the illegal and unconstitutional blocking. :) I hope a terrorist attack hits San Fransissyco or Jew York City....certainly deserve it!
Odium says
"I hope a terrorist attack hits San Fransissyco or Jew York City....certainly deserve it!"

Odium says
"I hope a terrorist attack hits San Fransissyco or Jew York City....certainly deserve it!"
Republicans can feel safe in knowing that terrorists aren't going to target their empty land. And I'm sure that among those are many that hope terrorists target our cities.

You are scum.
You are gonna have to try harder than that bitch. :)
have a false flag attack performed in the US preferably a very liberal area and make sure it can be traced right back to the countries he wants banned from coming here.
This is what conservatives want. I'm not sure that if 9/11 happened again tomorrow, that Trump supporters wouldn't be happy about it.
LOL...me a conservative....LOL! I eat conservatives for breakfast.....they are more worried about their goddamn money and not their people.FUCK conservatives!

Odium says

You can read! Congrats! Those hooked on phonics classes are paying off.

Forum List

Back