Hawaii Health Dept Unable To Come Up With Obama's Birth Records For AZ Sec Of State

It's difficult to accept Burnett's assertion that he is "not a birther" on its face. What is meant by the term "birther" if not someone who does not accept the available evidence that Obama was born in Hawaii?

Even putting aside this disingenuity, Burnett seems to be a bald-faced liar. The Hawaii provision he cites (http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscurrent/vol06_ch0321-0344/HRS0338/HRS_0338-0018.htm) lists twelve categories of person entitled to the record:

Now I'm not a lawyer, but unless "partisan opponent who holds elective office in a state where the registrant is running for President" falls into one of those categories, I believe Hawaii is not allowed, much less required, to respond to Burnett's request.

Well, unless you live in Arizona, it's really none of your frigging business what type of person our Secretary of State is or isn't. He's got the job, he's got the authority to ask, they're bound by law to respond, end of story.

Perhaps you'd like to show me where in the law it states that Hawai'i is allowed to ignore requests for verification from a duly-elected official of another state "if he's personally planning to vote for someone we don't like".

Absolutely, I'd be happy to show you where in the law it states that Hawaii will not release the records to someone like Burnett. If you'd read my link you would have seen:

§338-18 Disclosure of records. (a) To protect the integrity of vital statistics records, to ensure their proper use, and to ensure the efficient and proper administration of the vital statistics system, it shall be unlawful for any person to permit inspection of, or to disclose information contained in vital statistics records, or to copy or issue a copy of all or part of any such record, except as authorized by this part or by rules adopted by the department of health.
(b) The department shall not permit inspection of public health statistics records, or issue a certified copy of any such record or part thereof, unless it is satisfied that the applicant has a direct and tangible interest in the record. The following persons shall be considered to have a direct and tangible interest in a public health statistics record:
(1) The registrant;

(2) The spouse of the registrant;

(3) A parent of the registrant;

(4) A descendant of the registrant;

(5) A person having a common ancestor with the registrant;

(6) A legal guardian of the registrant;

(7) A person or agency acting on behalf of the registrant;

(8) A personal representative of the registrant's estate;

(9) A person whose right to inspect or obtain a certified copy of the record is established by an order of a court of competent jurisdiction;

(10) Adoptive parents who have filed a petition for adoption and who need to determine the death of one or more of the prospective adopted child's natural or legal parents;

(11) A person who needs to determine the marital status of a former spouse in order to determine the payment of alimony;

(12) A person who needs to determine the death of a nonrelated co-owner of property purchased under a joint tenancy agreement; and

(13) A person who needs a death certificate for the determination of payments under a credit insurance policy.

So, again, unless Burnett is claiming that he falls into one of the 13 categories or some other exception mentioned in the rules (I confess I haven't read every Hawaiian law, myself) Hawaiian law seems to forbid the release of the birth certificate to him. You seem to have a different interpretation, and I would be delighted to hear you explain it.

You say that Burnett's actions are none of my "friggin business". While this is of course literally true I nevertheless assert the right to discuss them. I feel perfectly comfortable discussing state officials from different states; I've even been known to discuss the actions of private citizens. Burnett, who has made his comments publicly, hardly has a moral or legal privacy claim to assert here.

But your suggestion that Burnett's actions cannot affect me is false. He seems to be considering (or more likely, pretending to consider) keeping Obama off the ballot in Arizona. That could affect the disposition of a federal office that holds some interest to me.

He didn't ask anyone to "disclose the record", shitforbrains. He asked them to verify that they had it. Different statute. Can you say, "Duhhh"?

Birfers have zero evidence Obama's mother ever visited Kenya in her entire life.

None. Zip. Zilch. Zero. Nada. Nothing.

Ever. In. Her. Entire. Life. Not one shred of proof she ever set foot there. Not even once.

It's a circle jerk. They mutually masturbate each other. They have nothing. BWA-HA-HA-HA!

Obama will be on the Arizona ballot. Birfers are being played like violins. The jackass in the OP knows that encouraging birfers gets him GOP votes. They last thing he wants is an educated voter. There is no percentage in straightening birfers out on Obama's birthplace. They are quite literally useful idiots.

He is throwing them a sop to get their votes for himself, then he will put Obama on the ballot. Just look how equivocating his language is. The birfers are such rubes!

Last edited:
Birfers have zero evidence Obama's mother ever visited Kenya in her entire life.

There is the Obama biography in which he claimed to have been born in Kenya.

Are you saying his mother is somebody else, or are you saying that Obama is the Mother of All Birthers and perped a huge lie?

If Hawaii states they can't provide one or don't have one, that would be very compelling supporting evidence for the findings of Sheriff Joe's investigation.

You can't really be that dumb.

READ THIS: snopes.com: Barack Obama Birth Certificate
Snopes has been debunked by a authoritative entity called the Maricopa County Sheriffs Department. Also Snopes has been caught scrubbing their articles before and changing them when it suits them. I believe they are left leaning.

As someone who lives in Maricopa county, all I can say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Here's an excerpt from a book written by some Arpiao's ex-posse members.

"It is enough to say.....All things are NOT as they appear to be....OR as the Posse would have you believe. In the end, the Author's of this book support a REAL and SERIOUS effort by the Sheriff of Maricopa County to root out the evidence as it relates to the Obama documents and to assign a REAL Deputy Investigator to take charge of this investigation, rather than to continue to allow a self-serving Reporter and an equally self-serving lead Investigator to reap financial gain and public accolades from an effort that will end in chaos and disrepute."

The funny part:

"The authors are admitted "birthers," and seem to be pissed off that the investigation isn't being handled like a real investigation, as people have noted since about three minutes into Arpaio's big press conference in March."

Joe Arpaio Says Book Bashing His "Birther" Investigation is "All Wrong," Although He Didn't Quite Read it - Phoenix News - Valley Fever

Are you saying his mother is somebody else, or are you saying that Obama is the Mother of All Birthers and perped a huge lie?

You have zero evidence his mother was ever there. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. You rubes are being played like a finely tuned instrument.

If all you have left to hang your pointy hat on after all this time is an industry book ad, it's time to wake up and smell your own flop sweat.

Gregg Takiyama, Director of Community and Government Affairs at the University of Hawaii, Manoa campus, has supplied the following information on Obama Sr.'s school attendance: Dates of attendance: Fall 1959 - Spring 1962; Degree awarded: BA - Economics, Spring 1962. Classes were held throughout the year: Fall = August-Dec.; Spring = Jan.-May; Summer = May-Aug.

Apparently, Obama Sr., once he began his Hawaiian education in 1959, never took a break in his studies until he graduated in May of 1962. This is further corroborated in a letter he wrote after graduation on May 29 to his sponsor in Kenya, Tom Mboya. In it, he brags about how fast he finished his studies:

"As you know I have been able to finish my B.A. (hon.) degree and done my M.A. within three years only as contrasted to the normal four years for a B.A. and one to two years for M.A. I have therefore been able to cut on at least two years for my B.A. and Masters." Obviously, Obama Sr. was a serious student.

In the same letter, Obama Sr. says to Mboya: "...this is the time when I feel I should thank you for the help which you gave me when I was coming here." Had Obama Sr. returned to Kenya for the birth of his baby he undoubtedly would have contacted his sponsor. Yet the letter seems to indicate that this is the first time he has thanked or been in touch with Mboya since his arrival in Hawaii in 1959.

Archived-Articles: Why Obama Was Not Born in Kenya

Obama will be on the Arizona ballot. Birfers are being played like violins. The jackass in the OP knows that encouraging birfers gets him GOP votes. They last thing he wants is an educated voter. There is no percentage in straightening birfers out on Obama's birthplace. They are quite literally useful idiots.

True. And that idiocy extends to the point of unwittingly generating votes for Obama.

You have zero evidence his mother was ever there.

I would say Obama claiming to have been born there is evidence.

Would a detective investigating this not consider Obama's public position for over 10 years to be 'evidence'?

Use common sense.

Sure he would.

Would a detective investigating this not consider Obama's public position for over 10 years to be 'evidence'?

Nope. Not at all. And this is a publishing company's ad, not "Obama's public position".

Speaking of common sense, how you coming along with evidence that this ad which we all just learned about was the origin of the birfer movement? :lol:

Last edited:

Nope. Not at all.

Testimony is evidence.

Testimony - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, this may not be good evidence, and more than likely Obama was perping a HUGE lie for some ulterior motive.

It is in the best interest of the United States to find out why he was perping this very public deception as to the origin of his birth.

Can we at least agree on this?

Nope. Not at all.

Testimony is evidence.

Testimony - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, this may not be good evidence, and more than likely Obama was perping a HUGE lie for some ulterior motive.

It is in the best interest of the United States to find out why he was perping this very public deception as to the origin of his birth.

Can we at least agree on this?

Over 43 posts a day? A birther? I think someone needs to get a life.

And this is a publishing company's ad, not "Obama's public position".

Now you are being foolish. Everyone knows Obama has a HUGE ego.

If you can suspend belief long enough to believe the publisher did not ask Obama where he was born, and that Obama was not keenly aware of the bio for his first book, you are a bigger Obama ballwasher than I thought.

Is there some place that birfers gather to discuss talking points? I've seen Soetero spelled as "Sotero" from two different people in the last week, and both seemed to think that since Obama was once "Sotero" this meant something ominous.

The first one actually believed Obama was not Obama until AFTER he was "Sotero" and kept asking why Obama changed his name to Obama, as if this was evidence Obama was a Muslim since he picked the name Obama himself! Like Cassius Clay picked Muhammed Ali for himself. One of the more stupid peripatetic goalposts out there. And that is really saying something.

And now this idea that a publication industry ad which did not come to light until now is the origin of the birfer movement. Wooooo! That one's a doozy! Somehow this ad retroactively started the movement. Wow. Of course, you won't find a word about this ad anywhere on the internet before now. Not even in the most whacked birfer posts.

But yeah, this is where it all started, folks. This ad. Which no birfer was aware of before a week or so ago.

I honestly cannot dumb myself down enough to comprehend the workings of the birfer brain.

There is no evidence Obama had any input on the ad, ever saw the ad, wrote the ad.

If he did, the worst case scenario is that he lied about his birthplace to his publicist. Last I checked, lying to your publicist does not disqualify you from being President.

So, what do we have? We have a birth certificate which proves Obama was born in Hawaii. We have written and official records showing Obama's dad was in college full time when Barack was born. Not in Kenya.

What do the birfers have? They have an imaginary fantasy of Obama's mom travelling to Kenya. They have zero evidence to support his illusion. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Oh, wait. They have a publicist's ad now! It does not get more official than that! That trumps everything else! BWA-HA-HA!

Like I said, worst case is that Obama lied to his publicist, and he should rightly be slow roasted for that. I'm right there with you. But extrapolating an imaginary flight to Kenya bearing a pregnant Mrs. Obama in the face of solid evidence to the contrary requires seven pounds of brain damage.

Last edited:
Is there some place that birfers gather to discuss talking points? .

As the original 'Birfer,' Obama launched this dialogue by making claims to his birthplace of Kenya in his biography in 1991. And continued it until 2007.

So perhaps they meet in libraries over Obama's books.

'Born in Kenya': Obama's Literary Agent Misidentified His Birthplace in 1991

By Dylan Stableford, May 18, 2012

A possible source of the so-called "birther" issue--or at least a potential cause of the rumors that have dogged President Barack Obama--has been identified.

Obama's former literary agency misidentified his birthplace as Kenya while trying to promote the then-Harvard Law grad as an author in 1991.

According to a promotional booklet produced by the agency, Acton & Dystel, to showcase its roster of writers, Obama was "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

A copy of the booklet was published on Breitbart.com, under the headline: " Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.' It was part of the "vetting" of the president the site's late founder, Andrew Breitbart, had promised.

More: 'Born in Kenya': Obama's Literary Agent Misidentified His Birthplace in 1991 - ABC News

'Born in Kenya': Obama's Literary Agent Misidentified His Birthplace in 1991

By Dylan Stableford, May 18, 2012

A possible source of the so-called "birther" issue--or at least a potential cause of the rumors that have dogged President Barack Obama--has been identified.

Obama's former literary agency misidentified his birthplace as Kenya while trying to promote the then-Harvard Law grad as an author in 1991.

According to a promotional booklet produced by the agency, Acton & Dystel, to showcase its roster of writers, Obama was "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

A copy of the booklet was published on Breitbart.com, under the headline: " Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.' It was part of the "vetting" of the president the site's late founder, Andrew Breitbart, had promised.

More: 'Born in Kenya': Obama's Literary Agent Misidentified His Birthplace in 1991 - ABC News

DAMMIT! THE MEN IN BLACK GOT TO HER!!! :mad::mad:

is there some place that birfers gather to discuss talking points? .

as the original 'birfer,' obama launched this dialogue by making claims to his birthplace of kenya in his biography in 1991. And continued it until 2007.

Fail. Sorry your butt hurts. That's twice in one day you made shit up with no evidence and it bit you both times!

Last edited:

True. And that idiocy extends to the point of unwittingly generating votes for Obama.

What's even more stupid is something that this will generate more votes for obama. People vote with their wallet.bad economy is going to be the death of obama say good bye Gracie.

Is there some place that birfers gather to discuss talking points? I've seen Soetero spelled as "Sotero" from two different people in the last week, and both seemed to think that since Obama was once "Sotero" this meant something ominous.

The first one actually believed Obama was not Obama until AFTER he was "Sotero" and kept asking why Obama changed his name to Obama, as if this was evidence Obama was a Muslim since he picked the name Obama himself! Like Cassius Clay picked Muhammed Ali for himself. One of the more stupid peripatetic goalposts out there. And that is really saying something.

And now this idea that a publication industry ad which did not come to light until now is the origin of the birfer movement. Wooooo! That one's a doozy! Somehow this ad retroactively started the movement. Wow. Of course, you won't find a word about this ad anywhere on the internet before now. Not even in the most whacked birfer posts.

But yeah, this is where it all started, folks. This ad. Which no birfer was aware of before a week or so ago.

I honestly cannot dumb myself down enough to comprehend the workings of the birfer brain.

There is no evidence Obama had any input on the ad, ever saw the ad, wrote the ad.

If he did, the worst case scenario is that he lied about his birthplace to his publicist. Last I checked, lying to your publicist does not disqualify you from being President.

So, what do we have? We have a birth certificate which proves Obama was born in Hawaii. We have written and official records showing Obama's dad was in college full time when Barack was born. Not in Kenya.

What do the birfers have? They have an imaginary fantasy of Obama's mom travelling to Kenya. They have zero evidence to support his illusion. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Oh, wait. They have a publicist's ad now! It does not get more official than that! That trumps everything else! BWA-HA-HA!

Like I said, worst case is that Obama lied to his publicist, and he should rightly be slow roasted for that. I'm right there with you. But extrapolating an imaginary flight to Kenya bearing a pregnant Mrs. Obama in the face of solid evidence to the contrary requires seven pounds of brain damage.
I went to that agency site and found this. Basically it says the author is the one who has to submit the information. So, if Obama’s team hasn’t locked it down, there should be a source document from Obama.

Here’s a bit of what I found under Submission Requirements:

Submission Requirements

Contrary to popular belief, we like our unsolicited queries to be concise, well-written and well-proofed, and as devoid of gimmicks as possible. Tell us who you are (past writing credits or celebrity status is helpful to know about but not mandatory), what your project is (a summary paragraph is good), and whether you have submitted this project to the entire publishing community already.

In order to get your foot in the door remember that appearances count. We don’t like to see handwritten queries with coffee stains on them. We don’t like our names misspelled. We don’t like a lot of typos in general. We don’t like generic “Dear Agent” letters, but we don’t like overly chummy greetings, either. Photographs generally don’t help – unless you’re George Clooney. Plain and simple works best for us. Don’t try to convince us that you’ve written the next GONE WITH THE WIND… we’ve heard that one before. Let your project speak for itself.

Enclose a cover letter, outline or brief synopsis of the work (with word count if possible), a sample chapter, and a stamped, self-addressed envelope for our response. Please type all of your correspondence and double space everything other than the cover letter. E-mail queries are fine, but keep them brief and make sure your cover letter is in the body of the e-mail. We won’t open attachments if they come with a blank e-mail. Please be sure to query only one agent at this agency. We will not review queries sent to more than one of us.

(there’s more at the site)

So in theory, the agency follows its own protocol, there should be a source document FROM the President himself at that time.

Forum List

Back