Have you tried traditionally german food?

Spaetzle is a German food, Schnitzel is not. Schnitzel is a German word for a food that exist throughout Europe.

I lived in Switzerland.. They also make schnitzel and spaetzle. I've also spent months in Germany. It's all good especially in German speaking Switzerland.

My Mom made schnitzel for my Dad and me a few times a year. No one else liked veal. It's actually Italian. The Germans slather it with cream sauce, similar to country fried steak here in the States. Some German dishes look like hell but are very tasty.

My Mom made schnitzel for my Dad and me a few times a year. No one else liked veal. It's actually Italian. The Germans slather it with cream sauce, similar to country fried steak here in the States. Some German dishes look like hell but are very tasty.

The Swiss also make schnitzel with veal. I love it.

Must be lots of recipes for schnitzel. I never had the cream sauce in Germany or Switzerland.. Just a squeeze of lemon.

The Swiss also make schnitzel with veal. I love it.

Must be lots of recipes for schnitzel. I never had the cream sauce in Germany or Switzerland.. Just a squeeze of lemon.
I like it plain with creamy potatoes on the side. By law in Austria and Switzerland only veal schnitzel is allowed. The German place here use a peppered mushroom sauce. Also have cordon bleu chicken and ham stuffed schnitzel with swiss cheese. Tasty stuff and very rich.

I like it plain with creamy potatoes on the side. By law in Austria and Switzerland only veal schnitzel is allowed. The German place here use a peppered mushroom sauce. Also have cordon bleu chicken and ham stuffed schnitzel with swiss cheese. Tasty stuff and very rich.

Really? It only made with veal? Sure is delicious.

My mother used to make Sauerbraten which I loved:
OIP.VCIHRCMS4xYIu_TnPdTazwHaE8

Of the European cuisines only Italian and French have any real world wide notoriety. How many times have you seen a German , British or Swedish restaurant in the US?
In America we just call German food American food. After all German-Americans are by far the largest ethnic group in the USA followed by Irish-Americans and African-Americans.

Forum List

Back