Have you tried traditionally german food?

I've had Saurkraut and Glühwein. Thats about it.

I love saurkraut any way I can get it. Not so much on the fruit wine though.

I love cabbage, so I'd probably love any German cabbage dish!!!!
I love Russian cabbage dishes as well!!!

Last edited:
Spicy mettwurst, sauerkraut on a bun, and hot slaw.

All the German deadheads are eating Green , Mortuary , which is partly why they have moved into Recession . It will be interesting to see what they will have to eat when the German banks go under . In a welcome scenario , the Herren Volk will move into what remains of France and start eating the left overs .

Germans make some of the best desserts in the world.
Not to be an ass, just sayin, other than that, their cuisine is not that impressive. And no, they most certainly didn't invent sausage.

What did you ate or is it even part of your own cusine? Do you like it? What is your favorite dish?
When I lived in California, I used to go to the Jaugerhaus German Restaurant in Anaheim, CA. Fantastic food. It's been many years ago, so I can't really remember what titles were placed on their plates, but I do remember it was a rewarding experience. Apparently, they've gone out of business:

I'm guessing that the “diverse” demographics changed so much that it may be too dangerous to remain in business in that area of the State. I wish they'd open a location here in southern Utah.

Of the European cuisines only Italian and French have any real world wide notoriety. How many times have you seen a German , British or Swedish restaurant in the US?

Germans make some of the best desserts in the world.
Not to be an ass, just sayin, other than that, their cuisine is not that impressive. And no, they most certainly didn't invent sausage.
iu

When I lived in California, I used to go to the Jaugerhaus German Restaurant in Anaheim, CA. Fantastic food. It's been many years ago, so I can't really remember what titles were placed on their plates, but I do remember it was a rewarding experience. Apparently, they've gone out of business:

I'm guessing that the “diverse” demographics changed so much that it may be too dangerous to remain in business in that area of the State. I wish they'd open a location here in southern Utah.
A lot of those types of restaurants have closed. We had one here that was around for about 40 years, Black Forest, it closed about 10 years ago. The oldest restaurant in the city, founded around 1865, is still going strong. German, Mecklenberg Gardens.

Of the European cuisines only Italian and French have any real world wide notoriety. How many times have you seen a German , British or Swedish restaurant in the US?
I saw one in Nashville. That place smelled like sheep blood and pig balls.

A lot of those types of restaurants have closed. We had one here that was around for about 40 years, Black Forest, it closed about 10 years ago. The oldest restaurant in the city, founded around 1865, is still going strong. German, Mecklenberg Gardens.
Mecklenburg's famous Terminator debuts on Food Network's "Ginormous Foods"

Terminator_Ginormous+Foods_Food_Network_Mecklenburg_Gardens

I eat braunschwieger all of the time, that's some good shit. And I'm not a big dessert guy, but German Chocolate cake can hit the spot pretty well.

Not only that, but most "German" restaurants' menus are filled with American fare that has no basis in Germany.
Not to say there is nothing good about German foods, just that in comparison with other cuisines, it can't measure up.

Forum List

Back