Have You Heard Of Medical Tourism

Too expensive to get done here, but cheap enough to afford travel to another country and let some hack operate on you?

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..............

Yeah, but they get the spa package and a tan.

If you want to take your chance in a third world shit hole like Mexico or India, by all means, be my guest.

Surely you're not suggesting that less regulated private health care markets pose potential dangers to consumers?

If you want the cost of health care to come down in this country without sacrificing the quality, get the government the fuck out of it.

Ah. Guess not.

Too expensive to get done here, but cheap enough to afford travel to another country and let some hack operate on you?

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..............

Travel to another country......have you checked airline rates lately

500 American companies are sticking it to the public. About 50,000,000 can't even afford health insurance. That's the way Republicans like it.

500 American companies are sticking it to the public. About 50,000,000 can't even afford health insurance. That's the way Republicans like it.

So is your thread about the ows ranting or about medical tourism?

Oh... so all foreign doctors are hacks? You fuckers are so brainwashed it's laughable.

Did I say that?

No.

I highly doubt that the people who need medical care desperately in this country have the means to afford to jet to Mexico to get routine health care.

What the OP is talking about (but obviously doesn't realize it) are procedures.

In that case, if you want to roll the dice with a Surgeon in a country where residencies and licenses are not highly regulated, then go for it.

Your odds of getting a hack or under-surgeon goes through the roof.

It's not helped by the fact that a large majority of qualified physicians from other countries actually are willing to re-do their residencies to simply practice in this country?

Don't believe me? You probably haven't spent much time in a teaching hospital.

So are people hoping planes to get medical care or not?

Sorry, I have rounded with fourth year Medical Students from Mexico. The difference? After they graduate, they can start treating people.

The best of them were clamoring to get a residency in the United States so they could be adequately trained.

I wouldn't let the others treat my dog.

Ok... procedures... what about medication? I know people up here in the NE who go to Canada to buy their prescriptions because it's 1/3(or even less) of the cost as in these great United States. That would ALSO be a form of medical tourism.

You people are too damned dumb to realize that our own Medical companies are raking us across the coals while giving huge breaks to the rest of the world.

Oh... so all foreign doctors are hacks? You fuckers are so brainwashed it's laughable.

Did I say that?

No.

I highly doubt that the people who need medical care desperately in this country have the means to afford to jet to Mexico to get routine health care.

In that case, if you want to roll the dice with a Surgeon in a country where residencies and licenses are not highly regulated, then go for it.

It's not helped by the fact that a large majority of qualified physicians from other countries actually are willing to re-do their residencies to simply practice in this country?

Does UCSF count? :eusa_angel:

I agree with you 100%

Since when is affording health insurance more important than affording health care?
And you want us to take you seriously?
No wonder I have to put up with dumb politicians.

Since when is affording health insurance more important than affording health care?

Well... if you think that people who can't afford insurance CAN afford health CARE... then... you're an idiot.

Ok... procedures... what about medication? I know people up here in the NE who go to Canada to buy their prescriptions because it's 1/3(or even less) of the cost as in these great United States. That would ALSO be a form of medical tourism.

You people are too damned dumb to realize that our own Medical companies are raking us across the coals while giving huge breaks to the rest of the world.

Sorry, getting meds is not what medical tourism is in my book. Also, getting meds from mexico.... i would not trust.

But i do agree with you. Meds should be cheap here and we should charge the rest of the world up the ass for them.

What about medications? I think it's bullshit that congress outlawed the ability of people to get their meds from Canada and you won't hear me defending the "medical companies" so take your "too damned dumb" and shove it up your ass.

However, that is not what the OP was talking about.

Again, if you want to go get a hip joint replaced in Mexico or Thailand then go for it and enjoy your repeat trip in ten years (the lifespan of a joint replacement under the best of conditions in the United States) or before that if you get septic.

Did I say that?

No.

Does UCSF count? :eusa_angel:

I agree with you 100%

Certainly. It's one of the best.

One of our better Interns was a Surgeon in Poland.

And those 'rich assholes' get their medical procedures WHERE?? Their cancer treatment WHERE?? Their physical therapy WHERE??

Idiot asshole hyper-partisan twit

That's the point.... they can AFFORD it numbnuts.

Do they make millions by overspending... if they could go to France or Bali to get it cheaper, they FUCKING WOULD IF OT WERE THE SAME QUALITY

You fucking buffoon

Well... if you think that people who can't afford insurance CAN afford health CARE... then... you're an idiot.

If you think people who can afford to hop a plane for a 10K procedure are the real issue here, then you're the idiot.

These are simply value shoppers that are taking a risk to save some money.

They aren't the patient base we see in our hospital that have enough trouble keeping the lights on in the winter.

In your haste to condemn "the man" you have reached a spurious conclusion that is silly.

100,000+ Americans travel to places like India, Belgium, Mexico, Spain, Columbia, S. Korea etc. each year to get medical procedures either denied to them here or too expensive for them to afford. The trend and numbers are growing.

Know what the problem is........we're the only industriali ed country in the world where over 500 companies make profits off of sick people. After all that we still rank 37th in general health and longeivity.
Of course, all the 36 countries on that list that outrank the US have a more socialized healthcare system than the US. In fact, every country ranking higher than the US has universal coverage or universal healthcare. The US healthcare system is the most expensive in world and healthcare outcomes are one of worst among developed countries.

Forum List

Back