Have you ever seen a worse group of GOP candidates? I haven't.

No question the GOP is running it's B Team. A bunch of not ready for prime time candidates who are looking for their 15 minutes of fame

In other years, Romney would be a third or fourth choice candidate. This year, he is the only one who is remotely electable.....and that is if the economy completely tanks

Obama could certainly be beaten in 2012.......but not by this band of misfits

The GOP is facing some serious lack of viability with this bunch of losers. The only reason anyone will vote for any of them is out of sheer hatred of Obama. That doesn't say a whole lot for their credentials to be president--or even much about how voters actually feel about them. I wonder if the GOP will remain intact after they lose the election. Oh well, that's why God made football and beer.

There is no dark horse in this bunch of losers. As much as the Republicans try to find their anybody but Romney, he does not exist
The group on the stage last night are dull and uninspiring. There is no magic candidate waiting to spring to life
The best the GOP can hope for is to nominate Romney (which they will) and hope that the economy falters.

There should be a dedicated search function for useless threads.

This is an OPINION board. The OP expresses the OPINION of the author. In my opinion, he is spot on.

This is far from a "useless" thread. The OP raises issues about each of the mentioned candidates that had better be met by each one of them if they expect to get the nomination, let alone beat Obama in 2012.

Ever hear the expression, "perception is reality"? Whether you like it or not, the perceptions of each of the candidates expressed in the OP are, once again in my opinion, perceptions that are shared by a large number of voters.

Last edited:
Congratulations.

The most naive and childish post of 2011.

Really? How so?

Has the Tea Party been voting for Democrats behind our backs?

you are way out of your league with me...so dont even try.

If you understood the ideology of a conservative, the ideology of the tea party, the ideology of the GOP as a collective..and the ideology of the democratic party as a collective...you would not have brought up such a naive childish topic for it is irrelevant.

I am a conservative....I will almost always vote GOP...but I am not a republican....but the GOP offers candidates that are more in line with my ideology.....but I am by no means a republican.

I believe that is way too deep for you to understand.

Bingo. Thats me to a tee as well.

Last edited:
Here's my superficial take on the GOP candidates:

Rick Perry: Reminds me of Howdy Doody. I think he's goofy - but most likeable.

Ron Paul: Too old, cranky and goofy - but I think he's by far the most genuine of the bunch. He is what he is.

Mitt Romney: Reminds me of Daffy Duck on meth. I believe nothing he says.

Newt Gingrich: Psycho! Most dangerous! In love with himself. Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). I believe nothing he says.

Jon Huntsman: Bland and irrelevant.

Rick Santorum: Religious extremist. Batshit crazy. American Taliban.

Michele Bachmann: Religious extremist. Batshit crazy - and STUPID. American Taliban. Also appears to be a chronic liar.​

I'm interested in your description of Obama...

Granted.. I expect silence on this matter...:D

Why, is Obama a GOP candidate?

Ron Paul: Too old, cranky and goofy - but I think he's by far the most genuine of the bunch. He is what he is.

Newt Gingrich: Psycho! Most dangerous! In love with himself. Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). I believe nothing he says.

Michele Bachmann: Religious extremist. Batshit crazy - and STUPID. American Taliban. Also appears to be a chronic liar.​

Why, is Obama a GOP candidate?

cluck.. cluck..cluck

:lol:... I figured it would be far too much of a challenge for You....

(I'll help you out.. think styrofoam Greek columns and floating above us all..)

Last edited:
NYCarbineer...you have read enough of my posts to understand where I come from.

I see the president as a figure head. For anyone to blame Bush or Obama for anything that goes on is a waste of time....

Congress is our law making body.

You still say Bush's war...I say congress' war.

You still say "the Bush Tax Cuts.

I say congress' tax cuts.

You still say Obama's stimulus...

I say congress' stimulus.

That being said....congress has scuked since Bush took over in 2000.

Congress was doing well with Clinton (second 4 years)...and during Reagans tenure.

Since then?

Failure.

So if the office of the President holds no more than figurehead status, why did you try to make 'leadership' an issue?

Because as a figurhead, the President has the reponsibility to lead congress.....very much like Clinton did...in my opinion.

Question...how has congress been performing in yoiur eyes?

Now...dont give me that old..."for Obamas first two years they did great"...

It is not difficult to be productive when you have a majority oin both houses.

But a split congress? How is it going right now? How is Obama doing keeping them in check?

You useless fucking asshole, you said anyone blaming Bush or Obama is wasting their time, right after you blamed Obama for not showing leadership.

As I've stated several times before on this board, I was not an Obama fan, nor did I vote for him in 2008 - even though I knew he was better than McCain/Palin. I was pissed because the DNC cheated Hillary out of her rightful nomination. Now, I consider Obama far superior to the current crop of GOP candidates; therefore, I will be voting for Obama in 2012.

Overall, I believe Obama has been a good president - in spite of all the GOP hate and obstruction to hold Americans hostage and make Obama a one-term president. History will not be kind to the GOP during the Obama Administration.

Last edited:
you are way out of your league with me...so dont even try.

If you understood the ideology of a conservative, the ideology of the tea party, the ideology of the GOP as a collective..and the ideology of the democratic party as a collective...you would not have brought up such a naive childish topic for it is irrelevant.

I am a conservative....I will almost always vote GOP...but I am not a republican....but the GOP offers candidates that are more in line with my ideology.....but I am by no means a republican.

I believe that is way too deep for you to understand.

I don't care what you call yourself. In this two-party system, you're voting Republican..... unless you want to throw your vote away and vote Independent.

So in other words I was correct......this is way too deep for you.

You prefer to look at it at face value.

Thats fine....

But as I said earlier...you are way out of your league when debating me then.

Not that I am the all knowing...I am far from it and many on here will tell you how good debaters have had me see the err of my thinkiong on many an occasion..

But your "face value" style will do nothing of any value.

If you vote Republican almost all the time, you are a de facto Republican. Period.

The Tea Party is just the same old right wing of the GOP, with a different name. Some of us have been telling them that for a couple years,

ironically, it's usually the Tea Partiers themselves who throw a fit over being described in that (accurate) manner.

Interestingly, the ones who have been telling them that...such as you...completely disagree with their sentiments..

Yet, for some reason, you believe you know more about them than they do.

Do you not see the irony in it?

Do you not see how immature it makes you appear?

Give it a rest. We get it. You disagree with them so they are a bunch of no nothing sheep.

Does the Tea Party ever vote, in meaningful numbers, for anyone other than the Republican in any given race?

Does the Tea Party ever, in meaningul numbers, get behind a third party candidate?

Does the Tea Party hold any positions (in a consensus) that disagree with the positions held by the right wing of the Republican Party (in a consensus)? Name those positions.

How many socially liberal Tea Partiers can you name? Especially any of any sort of prominence in the movement?

And the answers to the above would be...

Almost never, almost never, none, and none that we know of.

Conclusion: the Tea Party and the old GOP right are one and the same.

Is this a Private Lynch Mob? You leave reason ad common sense at the door, right? :lol:

There should be a dedicated search function for useless threads.

This is an OPINION board. The OP expresses the OPINION of the author. In my opinion, he is spot on.

This is far from a "useless" thread. The OP raises issues about each of the mentioned candidates that had better be met by each one of them if they expect to get the nomination, let alone beat Obama in 2012.

Ever hear the expression, "perception is reality"? Whether you like it or not, the perceptions of each of the candidates expressed in the OP are, once again in my opinion, perceptions that are shared by a large number of voters.

Stupid is as stupid does. It has always been that way.

As I've stated several times before on this board, I was not an Obama fan, nor did I vote for him in 2008 - even though I knew he was better than McCain/Palin. I was pissed because the DNC cheated Hillary out of her rightful nomination. Now, I consider Obama far superior to the current crop of GOP candidates; therefore, I will be voting for Obama in 2012.

Overall, I believe Obama has been a good president - in spite of all the GOP hate and obstruction to hold Americans hostage and make Obama a one-term president. History will not be kind to the GOP during the Obama Administration.

I did not vote for him in the primaries but I sure did vote for him in the election even though I was pissed too. Unfortunately with our two-party system, it's difficult to vote for the other party as a referendum against your own party. All that does is shoot yourself in the foot.

Is this a Private Lynch Mob? You leave reason ad common sense at the door, right? :lol:

Where am I wrong...?

I did not vote for him in the primaries but I sure did vote for him in the election even though I was pissed too. Unfortunately with our two-party system, it's difficult to vote for the other party as a referendum against your own party. All that does is shoot yourself in the foot.

You all under rated Hillary, cheating her out of her chance. To me, she was the lesser evil to Obama. Now we are all screwed. There are few people out there that could do a worse job than Obama. Every major player on the Right puts him to shame. Keep deluding yourselves. If there is one thing Democrats are good at it is both Propaganda, and repeating it until you are blue in the face. That is my Opinion.

You do believe in checks and balances in Government for lousy legislation that would endanger the country , right.?

I'm kinda fed up with excuses for piss poor leadership..just sayin

Last edited:

Where did he bring up Jessica Lynch?

Where am I wrong...?

My Opinion.

Reminds me of a fast talking Texan, that can be good or bad. Did well in the debate last night. It was the most relaxed I've seen him. I'm wary of major players that shift Parties, though Texas Democrats are a different breed than the norm.
He has allot of good reason, but goes overboard. I don't like him on National Defense. The World is Predatory. Walk softly and carry a big stick. Like Obama, he blames us too much, not seeing True Nature and True Threat.

Very competent and qualified. Has an established record of working well with both Parties. He will be good on accomplishment if elected, not so much stuck in gridlock.

Great Debater. Dreamer. Would contribute well in any think tank. Good Cabinet Material. Amoral? I'm not big on the New World Order, or Progressive Statism. When We Each stop mattering as Individuals, we All lose. I'm not saying he's there. I'm saying he concerns me. Still far more competent than Obama.

Extremely under rated. I suspect him to be far more effective and capable in accomplishment than he projects. I think he loses the masses in the details. Sort of like a Major Player with poor Campaign Managing skills. He may actually the most qualified in future relations with China, which is most important to us. I think We All are so caught up in spin, we are not paying attention. I think his approach is more brains, less muscle.

He's a True Conservative. With him, you know what you get, from the start. For me, that is refreshing. For you, it would mean battle after battle. I believe him to be competent. Depending how Congress moves, it could mean gridlock. We are living under the thumb of an Administration that has spent more money in 3 years than Everyone before combined. That is nothing for anyone to take pride in.

Michele Bachmann: Religious extremist. Batshit crazy - and STUPID. American Taliban. Also appears to be a chronic liar.

Personally I both Like and Love her as a Candidate. She too, is a True Conservative. I think she would be an astonishing VP choice, where she would have the opportunity to grow and make ready. I'm still not past her confusing the Anniversary of Elvis's Death with his Birthday. What can I say about that? Measure twice, cut once. :D We all could do more with checking and rechecking before commenting.

Forum List

Back