GOP candidates donate funds from hate group to SC victims...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
GOP Candidates Return Funds From Leader of Hate Group - NBC News

Republican presidential candidates who received donations from the head of a white supremacist group that is believed to have inspired the alleged shooter in the Charleston church massacre are donating or returning the contributions.

GOP presidential candidates Rick Santorum, Rand Paul and Ted Cruz all received funding from Council of Conservative Citizens head Earl Holt, whose group is cited on a website believed to belong to the man arrested for the shooting, Dylann Roof.

The Southern Poverty Law Center lists the Council of Conservative Citizens as a white supremacist extremist group.

Santorum received $1,500 from Halt, and RandPAC, Paul's political action committee, received $1,740, according the Guardian, which first reported the story. Both candidates plan to donated the money to a fund created to aid the families of the nine victims killed at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston last week.

"Rather than put more money back in the pockets of such an individual, my 2012 campaign committee will be donating the amount of his past donations to the Mother Emanuel Hope Fund to support the victims of this tragedy," Santorum said in a statement.

An appropriate "fuck you" to the Council of Conservative Citizens. I applaud Paul and Santorum. Though I don't understand Cruz's decision. He received the most money, and plans to return it to the group instead of donating it.

Republican presidential candidates who received donations from the head of a white supremacist group that is believed to have inspired the alleged shooter in the Charleston church massacre are donating or returning the contributions.

GOP presidential candidates Rick Santorum, Rand Paul and Ted Cruz all received funding from Council of Conservative Citizens head Earl Holt, whose group is cited on a website believed to belong to the man arrested for the shooting, Dylann Roof.

The Southern Poverty Law Center lists the Council of Conservative Citizens as a white supremacist extremist group.

Santorum received $1,500 from Halt, and RandPAC, Paul's political action committee, received $1,740, according the Guardian, which first reported the story. Both candidates plan to donated the money to a fund created to aid the families of the nine victims killed at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston last week.

"Rather than put more money back in the pockets of such an individual, my 2012 campaign committee will be donating the amount of his past donations to the Mother Emanuel Hope Fund to support the victims of this tragedy," Santorum said in a statement.

An appropriate "fuck you" to the Council of Conservative Citizens. I applaud Paul and Santorum. Though I don't understand Cruz's decision. He received the most money, and plans to return it to the group instead of donating it.

Paul and Santorum both robbed the hate group of their chance to support their favored candidates. Cruz has preserved that for them.

Paul and Santorum both robbed the hate group of their chance to support their favored candidates. Cruz has preserved that for them.

It seems that way, considering Cruz received much more than both of the other candidates combined.

It seems that way, considering Cruz received much more than both of the other candidates combined.

Cruz is their kind of candidate, it seems.

Yeah, this is quite the pleasing story. This shows that the GOP does not own this murderer. In reality, nobody does. The GOP is in fact not racist, contrary to popular belief

Yeah, this is quite the pleasing story. This shows that the GOP does not own this murderer. In reality, nobody does. The GOP is in fact not racist, contrary to popular belief

Where is that popular belief?

No, the GOP is not racist...but they ARE the party most racists feel comfortable in. What does that tell you?

are you people really THIS DESPERATE?

YOUR party elected a freaking member of the KKK HATE group to OUR GOVERNMENT

I hope the people have had enough of this crap and vote out the Democrats from our LIVES completely come 2016

How did the families of the victims get a charitable group licensed so quickly.
other than that, its illegal use of campaign funds.
Of course, the liberals would have been all over the law had the money gone to a group of people they didn't approve of.

of course we wont even get into how the money can be donated AFTER all of the election costs are paid for.

Good ole NBC. Using the dead for their hate/shit stirring and division of us.

sickening

Good ole NBC. Using the dead for their hate/shit stirring and division of us.

sickening

Have you even read a word of this thread? NBC is bringing up something good that the GOP candidates did for the victim's families. How are they shit stirring?

As long as Cruz is not taking it I am okay with that. Could be the state the money was donated in REQUIRES it.

Beware just because they donated to Cruz in particular, does not mean he endorses them.

It would take a simpleton to believe that.

He likely had no idea who they were until the recent shooting. A group with "conservative" in their name contributed $8,500 to his campaign. Of course he's going to take it.

Beware just because they donated to Cruz in particular, does not mean he endorses them.

It would take a simpleton to believe that.

He likely had no idea who they were until the recent shooting. A group with "conservative" in their name contributed $8,500 to his campaign. Of course he's going to take it.

I don't think anyone here is claiming that Cruz endorses their views. Only that racist hate groups strongly favor conservatives....almost exclusively. Conservatives might want to ask themselves why.

When minority voters shun the GOP while white supremacist hate groups overwhelmingly support it....there are clearly some messages that conservatives are communicating regarding race. And they may not meet your official 'planks'.

I applaud Paul and Santorum. Though I don't understand Cruz's decision. He received the most money, and plans to return it to the group instead of donating it.

I know very little about the CCC, but just because the Southern Poverty Law Center says the CCC is extremist and white supremacist does not mean the group is extremist and racist. And just because CCC material was quoted on Roof's website does not prove the CCC is a bad group.

I checked out the CCC website and quickly noticed an article expressing sorrow over the Charleston shooting:

CofCC deeply saddened by Charleston spree killing

Again, I know almost nothing about the CCC, but I know the SPLC is not a reliable judge of who is a racist and who is not.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that the only reason they are returning the donations is because the hate group that donated to them was found out to be a group that Roof (Charleston shooter) likes to support.

I applaud Paul and Santorum. Though I don't understand Cruz's decision. He received the most money, and plans to return it to the group instead of donating it.

I know very little about the CCC, but just because the Southern Poverty Law Center says the CCC is extremist and white supremacist does not mean the group is extremist and racist. And just because CCC material was quoted on Roof's website does not prove the CCC is a bad group.

I checked out the CCC website and quickly noticed an article expressing sorrow over the Charleston shooting:

CofCC deeply saddened by Charleston spree killing

Again, I know almost nothing about the CCC, but I know the SPLC is not a reliable judge of who is a racist and who is not.

I read that article on their website. They also dismiss any racial motivation for the attacks, while ignoring any connection to themselves as cited in his racist manifesto. Then you need only read EVERY comment below the story. Every one of them. One person even suggests he was actually an "anti-white martyr". Not to mention almost every story on their website is about black on white "hate crimes". Anyone who refuses to see the racist undertones of their organization needs to take their heads out of their asses.

After mikegriffith1's post I decided to scroll through some comments about the story being made on the CCC's website. These people live in a fantasy land. One man really said that white people have no political representation. Let that roll around in your head for a minute or two. WHITE PEOPLE have no POLITICAL REPRESENTATION. :lol:

Forum List

Back