Newt Gingrich: Abolish Liberal, 'Anti-American' Courts

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Amanda Terkel

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich went off on the American judicial system during Thursday night's GOP debate, saying courts have become "grotesquely dictatorial, far too powerful and ... frankly arrogant in their misreading of the American people."

Gingrich has called for the abolition of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, which is despised by conservatives for many of its liberal rulings.

Referencing the Ninth Circuit, Gingrich said that judges who believe the phrase "One nation, under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance violates the separation of church and state are "radically Anti-American" and should not be wearing the robe.

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) also advocated against abolishing courts and allowing Congress to subpoena judges to account for their decisions, as Gingrich suggested, saying it may "open up a can of words."

"Yes, we are frustrated with this," he said. "But the whole thing is if you just say, 'Well, we are going to -- okay, there are 10 courts. Let's get rid of three this year because they ruled a way we didn't like.' That to me is, I think, opening up a can of worms for us and would lead to trouble. But I really, really question this idea that the Congress could subpoena judges and bring them before us. That is a real affront to the separation of the powers.

More: Newt Gingrich: Abolish Liberal, 'Anti-American' Courts

Last edited:
By Amanda Terkel

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich went off on the American judicial system during Thursday night's GOP debate, saying courts have become "grotesquely dictatorial, far too powerful and ... frankly arrogant in their misreading of the American people."

Gingrich has called for the abolition of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, which is despised by conservatives for many of its liberal rulings.

Referencing the Ninth Circuit, Gingrich said that judges who believe the phrase "One nation, under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance violates the separation of church and state are "radically Anti-American" and should not be wearing the robe.

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) also advocated against abolishing courts and allowing Congress to subpoena judges to account for their decisions, as Gingrich suggested, saying it may "open up a can of words."

"Yes, we are frustrated with this," he said. "But the whole thing is if you just say, 'Well, we are going to -- okay, there are 10 courts. Let's get rid of three this year because they ruled a way we didn't like.' That to me is, I think, opening up a can of worms for us and would lead to trouble. But I really, really question this idea that the Congress could subpoena judges and bring them before us. That is a real affront to the separation of the powers.

More: Newt Gingrich: Abolish Liberal, 'Anti-American' Courts

Oddball said:
Hi, you have received -678 reputation points from Oddball.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Nutbalr spam...And I\'ll trade my -678 for your -29 all day long.....Dope.

Regards,
Oddball

Note: This is an automated message.
Oddball just negged me for the above post. What's the problem?

By Amanda Terkel

True.

The scumbag federal judges are corrupt to their core.

But they have been corrupted by the demopublicans who want to control every aspect of our lives.

By Amanda Terkel

True.

The scumbag federal judges are corrupt to their core.

But they have been corrupted by the demopublicans who want to control every aspect of our lives.

Why isn't Gingrich also complaining about "Conservative" courts?

No comment?...Just leftloon spam?

Jeez....A guy like me might even be inclined to agree.

Fuck off.

Is a "comment" really necessary? He's fucking crazy.
You yourself are a committed statist crank...Fucking crazy, in other words.

How could anyone discern your brand of statist crankiness from that of Gingrich, without any cogent comment from you?

Oh yeah...That's right....Fucking crazy statist cranks like yourself need to distract from your crazy statist crankery, by trying to portray the other fucking crazy statist crank as a bigger fucking crazy statist crank than you are.

But I already knew that, so it's all good...You fucking crazy statist crank. :lol

I think Newt taking on these liberal activist judges and courts and bringing back the balance of power between all three branches is what has finally convinced me to vote for him. America isn't a judicial dictatorship. The supreme court was never meant to legislate from the bench, or any other court, but since liberal activist judges have been more and more taking it upon themselves to do just that since they can't win in the court of public opinion, something needs to be done about it. Courts are ONLY for INTERPRETING THE LAW, NOT MAKING IT.

221600_157597254303496_142646112465277_390094_1574692_n.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back