Have you ever been accused of being an Anglophile?

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
Look, some people would get offended if you said the Irish are a lot like the British but let’s turn it on its head — the British are a lot like the Irish too. We are all sitting in the same pot and the water is boiling. All I know is that my family got a phenomenally warm welcome when they went to London. There’s one part of me that certainly is an Anglophile, if you want to call me that, and that is the part that says I wish our Government would stand up to Europe in the same way that the British Government are trying to do, or trying to give the impression they are, because our approach to Europe is that we are inferior and ‘thank you for helping us’.

Cromwell was bad but he never ran anyone off the bogs - Luke Flanagan

No, but I might be considered an "Angliaphile".

Anglia.jpg

Me dotters bonked on yer lingo, dinnit they?

They were, of course, seven and nine. Now they don't like the English, Welsh, or the Irish. They put up with the Scots because they went to uni in Scotland.

They made it safely to the US again, married American guys, and never have gone to the Isles since.

Me dotters bonked on yer lingo, dinnit they?

They were, of course, seven and nine. Now they don't like the English, Welsh, or the Irish. They put up with the Scots because they went to uni in Scotland.

They made it safely to the US again, married American guys, and never have gone to the Isles since.

Eh?

Once one has seen Westminster Abbey and golfed St. Andrews, there is nothing more of interest for an American.

Look, some people would get offended if you said the Irish are a lot like the British but let’s turn it on its head — the British are a lot like the Irish too. We are all sitting in the same pot and the water is boiling. All I know is that my family got a phenomenally warm welcome when they went to London. There’s one part of me that certainly is an Anglophile, if you want to call me that, and that is the part that says I wish our Government would stand up to Europe in the same way that the British Government are trying to do, or trying to give the impression they are, because our approach to Europe is that we are inferior and ‘thank you for helping us’.

Cromwell was bad but he never ran anyone off the bogs - Luke Flanagan
SOME say Cromwell was bad.

And, where would we be without Milton?

I was a big anglophile as a kid -- Swinging London, Carnaby street, Merseybeat and all that.

Now, I'm not so sure. Any nation that would allow its children to be raped systematically because it is too cowardly to face the subhumans who are doing it deserves no adulation.

Britain has already committed national suicide and it is too late to revive it.

Forum List

Back