Have things gone wrong?

When was it right?
When was it wrong?
Do you even premise bro?
Absolutely. Do you?

I say it is exactly like it is supposed to be. That’s why I asked the question have things gone wrong?

I can infer from your question when was it right that you believe it is wrong. Which is why I asked when was it wrong?

I can only assume you believe it has always been wrong.
Not really, no.
But it has never really been right either.
If that makes sense.
That’s good. Because it is pretty fucking awesome being a being that knows and creates.

But yet, many people only see the bad.

At first examination it looks like things have gone wrong. Famine, murder, thievery, rape, physical deformities, assaults, war, natural disasters, infidelity, debauchery, thanklessness, dishonesty, selfishness and death just to name a few.

So if that was all some people saw then it wouldn’t be a surprise if they believed things had gone wrong.

How could people not see that things have gone wrong? Right?

Maybe it’s because so many things have gone right. Love, charity, kindness, thankfulness, help, friendships, honesty, and humility just to name a few.

Two sides of the same coin. Heads, I win. Tails, you lose. I won. You lost. As consolation, I'll buy you a schrodinger's pizza.

Two sides of the same coin. Heads, I win. Tails, you lose. I won. You lost. As consolation, I'll buy you a schrodinger's pizza.
Not so fast. This ride is just getting started. There’s a point to this madness.

So what people are really saying when they say things have gone wrong is that everything isn’t perfect.

Where did they get this silly idea from? That everything has to be perfect.

Last edited:
Is it really ridiculous to expect perfection? Well that all depends. If you expect perfection to mean to do everything perfectly, then yes it is ridiculous to expect perfection. If you expect perfection to mean to be perfect, that is entirely another matter. Being perfect doesn’t mean to do perfect things, it means to respond perfectly to when things don’t go perfectly.

But does Genesis tell us that we should expect perfection or that we shouldn’t expect perfection?

There are two leading views on this subject. The first view proposes that nothing has failed. That everything is as it should be. That the hardships we face are tests.

The second view proposes that a great many things have gone wrong and that God insists on putting them right again.

Upon closer inspection one can argue both views aren’t really different views but that the first view is a subset of the second view with the exception of course that things really have gone wrong.

What say you?
In reality, things have never been "right." Yin and Yang. Sometimes you eat the bear; sometimes the bear eats you.

There are two leading views on this subject. The first view proposes that nothing has failed. That everything is as it should be. That the hardships we face are tests.

The second view proposes that a great many things have gone wrong and that God insists on putting them right again.

Upon closer inspection one can argue both views aren’t really different views but that the first view is a subset of the second view with the exception of course that things really have gone wrong.

What say you?
In reality, things have never been "right." Yin and Yang. Sometimes you eat the bear; sometimes the bear eats you.
How is that not right?

What say you?
Do you have point in time when things have been right? It's seems there has been an incredible amount of time of getting back to where they were? Do we have even have a graph? What precisely does that point in time look like? Paint a picture.

A fatalistic view is also unacceptable.
I am not saying that everything is wrong. I believe existence is awesome and we have won the cosmic lottery. We are literally the pinnacle of creation.

But since the beginning of man, man has recognized that man is flawed.

It’s one of the great questions.
If you would stop trying to pin everything on a God that doesn't exist, there would be no need for that question. Things are what they are. As humans, we can try to make the world a better place to live in, and it is our moral obligation to do so, but famine, pestilence and war are no "test" from a patriarchal director in the sky who loves us. Are people crazy?

What say you?
Do you have point in time when things have been right? It's seems there has been an incredible amount of time of getting back to where they were? Do we have even have a graph? What precisely does that point in time look like? Paint a picture.

I am not saying that everything is wrong. I believe existence is awesome and we have won the cosmic lottery. We are literally the pinnacle of creation.

If you would stop trying to pin everything on a God that doesn't exist, there would be no need for that question. Things are what they are. As humans, we can try to make the world a better place to live in, and it is our moral obligation to do so, but famine, pestilence and war are no "test" from a patriarchal director in the sky who loves us. Are people crazy?
I don’t see how it can be any other way.

What’s crazy is to be a materialist such as yourself and expect the world to be any better than it is.

What say you?

The reality of your situation is that your beliefs don’t allow for anything more than opinions on behaviors. You can’t claim that your opinions on how people should behave are any better than any others opinions on behaviors.

What say you?

It's a fallen world, my friend. So much for perfection.

Forum List

Back