Have things gone wrong?

ding

Confront reality
Oct 25, 2016
Houston
There are two leading views on this subject. The first view proposes that nothing has failed. That everything is as it should be. That the hardships we face are tests.

The second view proposes that a great many things have gone wrong and that God insists on putting them right again.

Upon closer inspection one can argue both views aren’t really different views but that the first view is a subset of the second view with the exception of course that things really have gone wrong.

What say you?

Growing pains.

Spiritually speaking I think things are right on time. Each can fail or succeed by the choices they make. That is a portion and a part of being flesh. God is still in control.

I can see how they can be the same thing or two sides of the same coin. For example, if one's prayers aren't answered, then it could be God warning you about your way of thinking or he has other plans for you. There may be a job your really want, but don't get it. You did everything you can to be in the top position to get it, but it doesn't happen. The decision is out of your control. Thus, do you end up blaming God or do you look for shortcomings in your own thinking? Perhaps, the job wasn't really right for you, so there is another job that will be better even though at lower pay.

Or you get in a car accident. That really is God's warning. You were being hasty trying to beat rush hour and ended up in an accident. Again, it's out of your control as sh*t happens. Do you reflect on it being your fault or do you end up blaming God?

If you look at shortcomings in your own thinking, then God is insisting on putting things right again. If you blame God, then you will experience the hardships.

Or, we can write it off as 'stuff happens'.
If that were the case wouldn’t that mean there is no purpose to anything? That there is no right and wrong? That everything is just opinions and preference?

If that were the case wouldn’t that mean there is no purpose to anything? That there is no right and wrong? That everything is just opinions and preference?

The purpose of adversity is to survive it, learn from it, and, hopefully, come out of it a better person.

There are two leading views on this subject. The first view proposes that nothing has failed. That everything is as it should be. That the hardships we face are tests.

The second view proposes that a great many things have gone wrong and that God insists on putting them right again.

Upon closer inspection one can argue both views aren’t really different views but that the first view is a subset of the second view with the exception of course that things really have gone wrong.

What say you?
Do you have point in time when things have been right? It's seems there has been an incredible amount of time of getting back to where they were? Do we have even have a graph? What precisely does that point in time look like? Paint a picture.

A fatalistic view is also unacceptable.

I can see how they can be the same thing or two sides of the same coin. For example, if one's prayers aren't answered, then it could be God warning you about your way of thinking or he has other plans for you. There may be a job your really want, but don't get it. You did everything you can to be in the top position to get it, but it doesn't happen. The decision is out of your control. Thus, do you end up blaming God or do you look for shortcomings in your own thinking? Perhaps, the job wasn't really right for you, so there is another job that will be better even though at lower pay.

Or you get in a car accident. That really is God's warning. You were being hasty trying to beat rush hour and ended up in an accident. Again, it's out of your control as sh*t happens. Do you reflect on it being your fault or do you end up blaming God?

If you look at shortcomings in your own thinking, then God is insisting on putting things right again. If you blame God, then you will experience the hardships.

Sounds to me you suck at driving

The purpose of adversity is to survive it, learn from it, and, hopefully, come out of it a better person.
That’s certainly one of the outcomes of adversity but to say it is the purpose of adversity implies intent behind existence.

Which was the point of my question. If it as you say stuff happens there would be no intent or purpose.

What say you?
Do you have point in time when things have been right? It's seems there has been an incredible amount of time of getting back to where they were? Do we have even have a graph? What precisely does that point in time look like? Paint a picture.

A fatalistic view is also unacceptable.
I am not saying that everything is wrong. I believe existence is awesome and we have won the cosmic lottery. We are literally the pinnacle of creation.

But since the beginning of man, man has recognized that man is flawed.

It’s one of the great questions.

nature has evolved accordingly - as by the metaphysical from the beginning.

upload_2019-8-28_23-26-41.jpeg

humanity guided by false religions and moral pretenses has strayed to the point of no return.

False religions and moral pretenses.

That seems to imply true religion and true morals.

What say you?
I say god is fucked up on something because he makes deformed and retarded children. God needs to straighten out his own shit first.

What say you?
I say god is fucked up on something because he makes deformed and retarded children. God needs to straighten out his own shit first.
You would say that if you believed God created the material world.

What say you?
We can't know that, at least not yet.

What say you?
We can't know that, at least not yet.
Then isn’t it a little premature to blame God for handicaps?

"Time and chance happen to all men"

those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

Forum List

Back