Have Conservatives Gone Completely Insane?

Oh, great. Give the government control. Remember the Great Depression? The Federal Reserve increased the money supply and bank credit in 1920s, which in the 30s resulted in The Great Depression. Yeah, they know what to do! :cuckoo:

The GOVERNMENT does not CONTROL the FED.

THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT OWN THE FED.

THE FED is a PRIVATE BANK.

It is a hybrid organization with power given it by the government...

It ought to be disbanded entirely since it, rather than our government, controls the money supply.

The FED, as structured today, is the world's most enormous swindle.

I say again, Iran has not been proven to be developing nuclear weapons. The problem Iran has with us is our love affair with Israel, and quite frankly I don't like it either. It wasn't a religious ideology that led to 9/11, as you seem to believe. It's our apparent need to occupy their lands and intervene in their affairs that made them angry. This is called blowback, the unintended consequences of our foreign policy.

You also a show a lack of knowledge about Islam. Muslim's believe that it is their duty to try to convert the other "people of the book" (Christians and Jews) to the "true path," Islam.

Seems to me you want to justify what the muslims did in 9-ll. I find that unacceptable. Who our friends are is non of their concern and it certainly does not give them the right to kill us.

I hate to tell you but I think it is you who is showing the lack of knowledge of Islam

Slay the idolators [non-Muslims] wherever ye find them, and take them captive, and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the last Day…. Go forth, light-armed and heavy-armed, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the way of Allah! (Sura 9:5,29,41).

In case you missed it slay means kill not convert. I think you are confused it is Christians who believe it is their duty to try and convert people to the true path of Christ.

One more thing yes of course what was I thinking Iran just wants us to join them for tea they are our friends. You must think this bailout is a good idea to and we live in the land of OZ where everything is sugar coated and sprinkled with fairy dust. Wake up boo boo.

I think the better question is, "have 30% of the voters gone insane". To vote in McCain after all his bad judgements and track record would be the definition of insane.

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result each time.

I think the better question is, "have 30% of the voters gone insane". To vote in McCain after all his bad judgements and track record would be the definition of insane.

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result each time.

We're all insane pretending that it makes a big difference, but we vote because HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL.

Of course, our government can do things that are fairly stupid, and who gets elected makes SOME difference, but its fairly marginal.

Basically, both candidates are not going to do anything fundamental for our society that might actually fix the problems inherent in it.

Voting now is like having a choice between which of two possible people will get to poke you in the eye with a sharp stick.

Last edited:
Let me see John McCain has a record of accepting 0 dollars in pork. How much did Obama have ohhh $92 million at the very least. Oh wait he suspended that when he started to run for president. He is on our side now yeah right.

Obama wants to raise taxes on the rich that would be business owners who employ the middle class. Now I am not a rocket scientist but I am a small business owner and if Obama raises my taxes I can see our business going under taxes are eating me alive already and who will be following me out the door oh yes the middle class whom I employ.

Yes the Obama is brilliant.

He is clueless on foreign policy and if he is elected I will be happy that John McCain is there to clue him in I just hope some of his arrogance will have worn down by then.

Obama has insulted our military by saying Iraq was a mistake they are dying for their country. This country needs to get off the Obama mania train the media has proclaimed. Trust me if the media is for it we need to run from it.

Our country is in a mess Obama does NOT have the experience to take this on we do NOT need a president who has to have on the job training. To compare McCain to Bush just because they are both republicans is insane by that judge I guess we can compare Obama to Bill Clinton huh But refer back to my first post in this thread of when things starting very bad for our country it was ohhhh when the Dems took over. Get a clue.

Let me tell you what will happen to Obama the Dems want him bad. You know why because they know he is inexperienced and they can use him to finish raping this country that would be me and you and everybody else that is not them. All they want is to line their pockets and retire rich and comfortably. How are they going to do that by raping the rich by punching people who are successful they call it the trickle up. Do you know what rolls down hill? Use your imagination.

Obama will get the blame for their fiasco and they know it. They can go home smelling like a rose while they toss him to the wolves. All Obama is, is a patsy for the Dems.

Again McCain has 0 in pork his record proves it. McCain's record proves he has the foreign policy experience. Everybody acts like McCain has had complete control over congress for the past 26 years. Last time I checked one senator does not get to make all the laws for this country but as president he will have the power to veto. Let us give the power to the person who records and words match up. Who has the experience to run this country in this time of crisis.

We're all insane pretending that it makes a big difference, but we vote because HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL.

Of course, our government can do things that are fairly stupid, and who gets elected makes SOME difference, but its fairly marginal.

Basically, both candidates are not going to do anything fundamental for our society that might actually fix the problems inherent in it.

Voting now is like having a choice between which of two possible people will get to poke you in the eye with a sharp stick.

You are soooooo wrong it makes me sick. We wouldn't be in IfuckingRAQ if Gore won, we'd be out of Iraq by now if Kerry won and the market wouldn't have crashed because the Democrats wouldn't have deregulated it so much like the GOP did.

Your 401K sucks, gas is expensive, heating your home, food costs more, 4000 dead, bush was warned about 9-11 and did nothing.......

The would would be a much better place if the GOP did not rule for 6 years.

You are out of your mind. The world hates us 10 times more than they did before Bush got into office.

To think Obama isn't going to be profoundly better or to suggest that Bush wasn't 1000 times worse than Gore would have been is rediculous.

You clearly haven't been paying close attention for the past 16 years.

Oh, great. Give the government control. Remember the Great Depression? The Federal Reserve increased the money supply and bank credit in 1920s, which in the 30s resulted in The Great Depression. Yeah, they know what to do! :cuckoo:

The GOVERNMENT does not CONTROL the FED.

THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT OWN THE FED.

THE FED is a PRIVATE BANK.

It is a hybrid organization with power given it by the government...

It ought to be disbanded entirely since it, rather than our government, controls the money supply.

The FED, as structured today, is the world's most enormous swindle.

I guess I agree with you that things like this won't be changed under the Democrats. But still I say the Democrats wouldn't have allowed the rich to rape us of a trillion dollars. If they do for the next 4 years, we are doomed.

I think the GOP raped us as much as possible. We don't have anything left to take.

Let me see John McCain has a record of accepting 0 dollars in pork. How much did Obama have ohhh $92 million at the very least. Oh wait he suspended that when he started to run for president. He is on our side now yeah right.

Obama wants to raise taxes on the rich that would be business owners who employ the middle class. Now I am not a rocket scientist but I am a small business owner and if Obama raises my taxes I can see our business going under taxes are eating me alive already and who will be following me out the door oh yes the middle class whom I employ.

Yes the Obama is brilliant.

He is clueless on foreign policy and if he is elected I will be happy that John McCain is there to clue him in I just hope some of his arrogance will have worn down by then.

Obama has insulted our military by saying Iraq was a mistake they are dying for their country. This country needs to get off the Obama mania train the media has proclaimed. Trust me if the media is for it we need to run from it.

Our country is in a mess Obama does NOT have the experience to take this on we do NOT need a president who has to have on the job training. To compare McCain to Bush just because they are both republicans is insane by that judge I guess we can compare Obama to Bill Clinton huh But refer back to my first post in this thread of when things starting very bad for our country it was ohhhh when the Dems took over. Get a clue.

Let me tell you what will happen to Obama the Dems want him bad. You know why because they know he is inexperienced and they can use him to finish raping this country that would be me and you and everybody else that is not them. All they want is to line their pockets and retire rich and comfortably. How are they going to do that by raping the rich by punching people who are successful they call it the trickle up. Do you know what rolls down hill? Use your imagination.

Obama will get the blame for their fiasco and they know it. They can go home smelling like a rose while they toss him to the wolves. All Obama is, is a patsy for the Dems.

Again McCain has 0 in pork his record proves it. McCain's record proves he has the foreign policy experience. Everybody acts like McCain has had complete control over congress for the past 26 years. Last time I checked one senator does not get to make all the laws for this country but as president he will have the power to veto. Let us give the power to the person who records and words match up. Who has the experience to run this country in this time of crisis.

So McCain was the worst Senator ever if his state never received any pork in 28 years? If I were a senator, I'd get my state some earmarks. They wouldn't be bullshit earmarks either. Not all earmarks are bad, as John "the liar" McCain suggests.

Has anyone even read this plan? If you have and you are sitting here saying it is good for the enonomy then you need to reread it. THERE IS NOTHING in that bill that will help the home market other than to buy up a boat load of bad debts in the hopes that "lenders" will then have breathing room to lend even more money with NO oversight. The insurance provision of this bill is an "OPTIONAL" provision in that a company has the option of taking the insurance or tax payers money, I wonder which one they will take? It does NOTHING to help take the large excess inventory of homes off the market that are driving down home values. So basically it's a 700 billion dollar asset bet. With a prayer that this people release some credit to others in hopes of taking some of the preasure off the economy. Let's forget for a moment that this bill sends one gigantic message that "irresponsibility" both in business and personal finance is now legitimate. This is not just a republican issue, I will cite you what Dennis Kucinich said yesterday about this bill, and last I checked he is a democrat. " Not only am I voting NO, I'm Voting Hell No".

Has anyone even read this plan? If you have and you are sitting here saying it is good for the enonomy then you need to reread it. THERE IS NOTHING in that bill that will help the home market other than to buy up a boat load of bad debts in the hopes that "lenders" will then have breathing room to lend even more money with NO oversight. The insurance provision of this bill is an "OPTIONAL" provision in that a company has the option of taking the insurance or tax payers money, I wonder which one they will take? It does NOTHING to help take the large excess inventory of homes off the market that are driving down home values. So basically it's a 700 billion dollar asset bet. With a prayer that this people release some credit to others in hopes of taking some of the preasure off the economy. Let's forget for a moment that this bill sends one gigantic message that "irresponsibility" both in business and personal finance is now legitimate. This is not just a republican issue, I will cite you what Dennis Kucinich said yesterday about this bill, and last I checked he is a democrat. " Not only am I voting NO, I'm Voting Hell No".

i'm with ya, 100%

care

regarding earmarks for arizona, i think senator kyle's earmarks could be for both mccain and him, but they have an arrangement to make it show on kyle's record? i realize this is my partisan think over ruling me for the moment, :)....but it is possible that he lets kyle request them?

has anyone ever seen mccain bitch about kyle's earmarks for arizona?

just curious....? ;)

care

:clap2:

and just let me add that I think the Presidential candidate who has the wisdom to change his mind and vote NO not NO but HEll NO will win this election.

what's wrong with giving some jackass former president of an almost failed bank 2,000 bucks from every single breathing american?

seriously...

why not?

It's TWELVE thousand! $12,000. per American.

Perhaps the Fed could just sent us each our $12,000. checks and we won't need to take out any loans!!! :razz:

send an email to your senators to filibuster the bailout, requiring the 60 votes to pass it!

IF THERE EVER WAS A TIME FOR A FILIBUSTER, 60 VOTES, IT IS NOW!

YOU have time to make a difference, don't let apathy take over!

the senate won't vote on this till wednesday or thursday!

care

send an email to your senators to filibuster the bailout, requiring the 60 votes to pass it!

IF THERE EVER WAS A TIME FOR A FILIBUSTER, 60 VOTES, IT IS NOW!

YOU have time to make a difference, don't let apathy take over!

the senate won't vote on this till wednesday or thursday!

care
i already emailed both of our senators
so far, no response
typical

regarding earmarks for arizona, i think senator kyle's earmarks could be for both mccain and him, but they have an arrangement to make it show on kyle's record? i realize this is my partisan think over ruling me for the moment, :)....but it is possible that he lets kyle request them?

has anyone ever seen mccain bitch about kyle's earmarks for arizona?

just curious....? ;)

care

$28,029,000 $27,179,000 Central Arizona Project, Colorado River Basin AZ Energy & Water Bureau of Reclamation Water and Related Resources President; Bingaman; Domenici; Kyl R; D; R; R N/A; NM; NM; AZ
$1,500,000 $0 Yuma East Wetlands AZ Energy & Water Bureau of Reclamation Water and Related Resources Kyl R AZ
$1,888,200 $9,442,000 Colorado River Basin Salinity Control, Title I AZ Energy & Water Bureau of Reclamation Water and Related Resources President; Kyl R; R N/A; AZ Earmark is for $9.441M, divided between 5 states
$4,461,000 $0 Nogales Wash AZ Energy & Water Corps of Engineers Construction, General Kyl R AZ
$3,000,000 $0 Rio De Flag Flagstaff AZ Energy & Water Corps of Engineers Construction, General Kyl R AZ
$3,000,000 $0 Tucson Drainage Area AZ Energy & Water Corps of Engineers Construction, General Kyl R AZ
$100,000 City of Phoenix (Phoenix Police Department), AZ, for an interoperable communications network Phoenix AZ Commerce, Justice & Science Department of Justice COPS Technology Kyl R AZ
$100,000 City of Yuma, AZ for a regional communications network Yuma AZ Commerce, Justice & Science Department of Justice COPS Technology Kyl R AZ
$100,000 San Carlos Apache Tribe, Tribal Police Department, San Carlos Apache Tribe, San Carlos Apache Reservation, AZ, for a law enforcement initiative to target meth San Carlos Apache Reservation AZ Commerce, Justice & Science Department of Justice COPS Methamphetamine Hot Spots Kyl R AZ
$300,000 Restore the Upper San Pedro Partnership to the current enacted level AZ Interior Energy and Minerals U.S. Geological Survey: Surveys, Investigations, and Research Kyl, Jon R AZ
$300,000 Wastewater treatment plant expansion project Bullhead AZ Interior Environmental Protection Agency State and Tribal Assistance Grants Kyl, Jon R AZ
$2,000,000 Southwest Ecological Restoration Institute at Northern Arizona University to fund fire risk reduction activities AZ Interior Related Agencies Department of Agriculture: Forest Service Wildland Fire Management Kyl, Jon R AZ
$10,870 $0 Field Maintenance Shop Florence AZ MILCON Military Construction Project Listing Army National Guard Kyl R AZ
$750,000 Taxiway/ramp airfield improvements Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport AZ Transportation and Housing & Urban Development Grants-In-Aid for Airports Airport Discretionary Grants Kyl R AZ
$3,000,000 Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge AZ Transportation and Housing & Urban Development Federal-Aid Highways Programs Federal Lands Highways Kyl R AZ
$500,000 I-10 Widening Western Maricopa County AZ Transportation and Housing & Urban Development Federal-Aid Highways Programs Transportation and Community and System Preservation Kyl R AZ
$1,000,000 Main Street Bus Rapid Transit Buses Mesa AZ Transportation and Housing & Urban Development Formula and Bus Grants Bus and Bus Facilities Kyl R AZ
$500,000 Saint Joseph's Hospital to purchase and equip a mobile prenatal clinic for the MoMobile program Phoenix AZ Labor-HHS Rural Health Programs Health Care-related Facilities and Activities Kyl R AZ
$500,000 Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGEN), for construction, renovation, and equipment. Phoenix AZ Labor-HHS Rural Health Programs Health Care-related Facilities and Activities Kyl R AZ

You asked there you go, Care, as someone from Az. I thought I would let you know. John Kyl is a pretty decent Senator but I'm from Arizona so have a little bit of a different view on it. He is a big supporter of Earmarks being in the open for all to see. I thought you would like to see his ones for 2007 so you can make up your own mind if he is earmakrking money unwisely.

$28,029,000 $27,179,000 Central Arizona Project, Colorado River Basin AZ Energy & Water Bureau of Reclamation Water and Related Resources President; Bingaman; Domenici; Kyl R; D; R; R N/A; NM; NM; AZ
$1,500,000 $0 Yuma East Wetlands AZ Energy & Water Bureau of Reclamation Water and Related Resources Kyl R AZ
$1,888,200 $9,442,000 Colorado River Basin Salinity Control, Title I AZ Energy & Water Bureau of Reclamation Water and Related Resources President; Kyl R; R N/A; AZ Earmark is for $9.441M, divided between 5 states
$4,461,000 $0 Nogales Wash AZ Energy & Water Corps of Engineers Construction, General Kyl R AZ
$3,000,000 $0 Rio De Flag Flagstaff AZ Energy & Water Corps of Engineers Construction, General Kyl R AZ
$3,000,000 $0 Tucson Drainage Area AZ Energy & Water Corps of Engineers Construction, General Kyl R AZ
$100,000 City of Phoenix (Phoenix Police Department), AZ, for an interoperable communications network Phoenix AZ Commerce, Justice & Science Department of Justice COPS Technology Kyl R AZ
$100,000 City of Yuma, AZ for a regional communications network Yuma AZ Commerce, Justice & Science Department of Justice COPS Technology Kyl R AZ
$100,000 San Carlos Apache Tribe, Tribal Police Department, San Carlos Apache Tribe, San Carlos Apache Reservation, AZ, for a law enforcement initiative to target meth San Carlos Apache Reservation AZ Commerce, Justice & Science Department of Justice COPS Methamphetamine Hot Spots Kyl R AZ
$300,000 Restore the Upper San Pedro Partnership to the current enacted level AZ Interior Energy and Minerals U.S. Geological Survey: Surveys, Investigations, and Research Kyl, Jon R AZ
$300,000 Wastewater treatment plant expansion project Bullhead AZ Interior Environmental Protection Agency State and Tribal Assistance Grants Kyl, Jon R AZ
$2,000,000 Southwest Ecological Restoration Institute at Northern Arizona University to fund fire risk reduction activities AZ Interior Related Agencies Department of Agriculture: Forest Service Wildland Fire Management Kyl, Jon R AZ
$10,870 $0 Field Maintenance Shop Florence AZ MILCON Military Construction Project Listing Army National Guard Kyl R AZ
$750,000 Taxiway/ramp airfield improvements Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport AZ Transportation and Housing & Urban Development Grants-In-Aid for Airports Airport Discretionary Grants Kyl R AZ
$3,000,000 Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge AZ Transportation and Housing & Urban Development Federal-Aid Highways Programs Federal Lands Highways Kyl R AZ
$500,000 I-10 Widening Western Maricopa County AZ Transportation and Housing & Urban Development Federal-Aid Highways Programs Transportation and Community and System Preservation Kyl R AZ
$1,000,000 Main Street Bus Rapid Transit Buses Mesa AZ Transportation and Housing & Urban Development Formula and Bus Grants Bus and Bus Facilities Kyl R AZ
$500,000 Saint Joseph's Hospital to purchase and equip a mobile prenatal clinic for the MoMobile program Phoenix AZ Labor-HHS Rural Health Programs Health Care-related Facilities and Activities Kyl R AZ
$500,000 Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGEN), for construction, renovation, and equipment. Phoenix AZ Labor-HHS Rural Health Programs Health Care-related Facilities and Activities Kyl R AZ

You asked there you go, Care, as someone from Az. I thought I would let you know. John Kyl is a pretty decent Senator but I'm from Arizona so have a little bit of a different view on it. He is a big supporter of Earmarks being in the open for all to see. I thought you would like to see his ones for 2007 so you can make up your own mind if he is earmakrking money unwisely.

YIKES! that's alot to swallow....or digest in just a minute or two....!

Forum List

Back