Trump reveals his well thought out plans for a missile defense system.

1706015157313.png

~S~

This IS the post of the year. Pretty much sums it up. These are really our choices? You've got to be kidding.
True.

We’ve got a public servant who has served in various capacities for 50 years vs a guy who had one government job and managed to get indicted 91 times due to corruption during his campaign and while in office.

And folks act like there is an actual choice in November.

True...you’ve GOT TO BE KIDDING.

This IS the post of the year. Pretty much sums it up. These are really our choices? You've got to be kidding.

It truly should be the source of great national embarrassment, but both sides are too entrenched for such feelings.

It was enough to get the wife and I to start planning to move when we retire.

True.

We’ve got a public servant who has served in various capacities for 50 years vs a guy who had one government job and managed to get indicted 91 times due to corruption during his campaign and while in office.

And folks act like there is an actual choice in November.

True...you’ve GOT TO BE KIDDING.

The problem is that guy has pretty much sucked those whole 50 years of serving the public. Longevity in and of itself is not an accomplishment

The problem is that guy has pretty much sucked those whole 50 years of serving the public.
Well, that is a valid opinion. But the people of Delaware four times and X number of voters--twice--marked his name on a ballot more than the other guys.

Longevity in and of itself is not an accomplishment
One would think that if it were not such an accomplishment, more folks would do it.

But the people of Delaware four times and X number of voters--twice--marked his name on a ballot more than the other guys.

Every 4 years the voters of this country prove they are not all that bright.

One would think that if it were not such an accomplishment, more folks would do it.

Most of us have no desire to spend 50 plus years of our adult life working

I think compared to other nations, the voters have done pretty well. What nation do you think has done better than the American voter?

Really, you think that Bush II and Trump were good choices?

Personally I feel that our voters have proven how stupid they were every election this century.

And off the top of my head I cannot think of a single peer country that has been given two worse choices than Trump vs Biden II.

Really, you think that Bush II and Trump were good choices?
Of course not. You were talking about American voters. For every example of a truly terrible President, Harding, Buchanan, Trump, Bush II, we have many who did pretty well in selecting presidents. I think the results speak for themselves.

Where I really agree with you is in the state legislatures and in the US House. A lot of this is due to gerrymandering but one need’t look too far to find a truly unqualified representative. From what I understand, AOC seldom visits her district, for example.

She gets elected because she’s a rockstar. Same with Boebert and MTG. As a sidebar--I think this is one of the most compelling reasons for mail-in voting. You can get your ballot, put it out on your kitchen table, boot up your MAC, get a cup of coffee and really look at the records of the people on the ballot instead of he “lightning round” bullshit of having to pick when you get into a booth

Personally I feel that our voters have proven how stupid they were every election this century.
Ok.
And off the top of my head I cannot think of a single peer country that has been given two worse choices than Trump vs Biden II.
You’re picking two out of 45 men. Care to expand your sample size above 3% or whatever it is?

Trump has spent a lot of time planning an elaborate missile defense system, and presented his plan Monday in New Hampshire. He described the elaborate scheme as

"They calmly walk to us, and ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding… They've only got 17 seconds to figure this whole thing out. Boom. Okay. Missile launch. Woosh. Boom."

This is the top notch planning we have come to expect from trump.
Wow... Is it any surprise that Putin did everything he could to get Trump into the Oval Office? Our enemies have no better friend than Donald John Trump.

Since he first ran for office, I have held that his popularity is a clear excoriation of the American educational system.

Of course not. You were talking about American voters. For every example of a truly terrible President, Harding, Buchanan, Trump, Bush II, we have many who did pretty well in selecting presidents. I think the results speak for themselves.

Obama and Biden were/are no better than Trump or Bush II. We have not had anyone worthy of the office sitting in the White House this entire century

She gets elected because she’s a rockstar. Same with Boebert and MTG. As a sidebar--I think this is one of the most compelling reasons for mail-in voting. You can get your ballot, put it out on your kitchen table, boot up your MAC, get a cup of coffee and really look at the records of the people on the ballot instead of he “lightning round” bullshit of having to pick when you get into a booth

While I fully support mail in voting, one could do all those things prior to showing up at the booth, you do know that right?

You’re picking two out of 45 men. Care to expand your sample size above 3% or whatever it is?

They are the two at the top, one of the two will be the leader of our nation for the next 4 years or until one of them dies in office.

Trump has spent a lot of time planning an elaborate missile defense system, and presented his plan Monday in New Hampshire. He described the elaborate scheme as

"They calmly walk to us, and ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding… They've only got 17 seconds to figure this whole thing out. Boom. Okay. Missile launch. Woosh. Boom."

This is the top notch planning we have come to expect from trump.

Obama and Biden were/are no better than Trump or Bush II. We have not had anyone worthy of the office sitting in the White House this entire century
You’re losing credibility by the truckload when you put anyone in the same category as the blob.
While I fully support mail in voting, one could do all those things prior to showing up at the booth, you do know that right?
Sure they could. All they have to remember is how to vote 30 or 40 times on a ballot.
They are the two at the top, one of the two will be the leader of our nation for the next 4 years or until one of them dies in office.
So you’re saying the voters are “not that bright” based on 5 elections this century and discounting the previous 211 years.

I’m still waiting to see which electorate, in your words, is “brighter”.

So you’re saying the voters are “not that bright” based on 5 elections this century and discounting the previous 211 years.

most of the people that voted those 211 previous years are no longer alive. I am basing it off of current events, not some long forgotten past.

I’m still waiting to see which electorate, in your words, is “brighter”.

Norway has done well lately, as has Sweden.

I would even say that the last election in Panama the people there did better than we are doing.

most of the people that voted those 211 previous years are no longer alive. I am basing it off of current events, not some long forgotten past.
Well, if it suits your mantra, I guess that is a great strategy.
Norway has done well lately, as has Sweden.
A couple of real world powers there. LOL
I would even say that the last election in Panama the people there did better than we are doing.

Okay. Get some rest.

why would I use the results of people long dead to judge todays electorate.
Everyone who voted for JFK, LBJ, Reagan, etc.. are “long dead”?
There are only 3 world powers, and we will not be one that much longer with the path we are going down.
And of the 200 nations on earth, you say we’re one of them. Amazingly, we’re in the top 1.5% of the nations--your barometer--and you say that the voters are not “that bright”.

Everyone who voted for JFK, LBJ, Reagan, etc.. are “long dead”?

Most that voted for JFK and LBJ are dead, and I am not a big fan of Reagan. If you voted for JFK you are at least 82, how many people in the country are over 82?

And of the 200 nations on earth, you say we’re one of them. Amazingly, we’re in the top 1.5% of the nations--your barometer--and you say that the voters are not “that bright”.

Yep, we are one of them on the backs of those that came before today's core group of voters. And we are on the downhill slide and have been for a while. It takes a while for an empire like ours to crumble from within, but it is happening.

Forum List

Back