Have Conservatives Gone Completely Insane?

don't be obtuse, we have no free trade agreements, we always give more than who we trade with in them...even China taxes us heavily on American imports, such as car tarrifs while we bow down to them....

there is no ''free trade'' in this world, other than the black, illegal markets, period.

don't be obtuse, we have no free trade agreements, we always give more than who we trade with in them...even China taxes us heavily on American imports, such as car tarrifs while we bow down to them....

there is no ''free trade'' in this world, other than the black, illegal markets, period.

You're confusing terms, seemingly deliberately.

If Chinese goods are cheaper and bought more readily than US goods it begs us to ask: why is it cheaper to cart shit clear across the @#$%ing planet than to build the same crap here?

A free trade agreement is 2 or more countries agreeing to not impose tariffs on each other. If one ends up more competititve through its efforts then that is just how it comes to be. But using the gov't to jack-up prices only hurts the consumer.

You're confusing terms, seemingly deliberately.

If Chinese goods are cheaper and bought more readily than US goods it begs us to ask: why is it cheaper to cart shit clear across the @#$%ing planet than to build the same crap here?

A free trade agreement is 2 or more countries agreeing to not impose tariffs on each other. If one ends up more competititve through its efforts then that is just how it comes to be. But using the gov't to jack-up prices only hurts the consumer.

the ONLY reason it is cheaper, even with transportation, is because of their cheap labor costs....about 10-20 bucks for a 12 -15hour work day....in vietnam, it is a little over $5 bucks a 12-15 hour days labor...

our trade agreements are not free trade agreements, if they were that simple, we would be blessed....

I wonder if Vietnam has massive regulations, minimum wage, workers comp, OSHA, competitive wage structures, unemployment insurance, et al? It is after all a worker's paradise, right?

Granted a bowl of fish heads and rice is cheaper than taking the family to Denny's so cost-of-living is a lot lower but we've legislated ourselves out of a lot of markets.

But then again economies are pliable...if not meddled with. If you want my $5 widget to be made in the US by $15/hour labor as opposed to $1/hour labor all you're saying is you think my $5 widget should cost me $75. I'm guessing the reaction will be me widget-less and a lot of unemployed widget makers both here and abroad.

You really dont understand all this Allie do you?

Boy! You got that, TM.

She's hardly alone there, though.

There's maybe five or six people on this board who I know seem to get it.

They don't all agree with my solution to the problem, but, based on what they've written thus far, at least I know they understand the mechanics of how this diaster happened. And I have to admit there's probably more than one way to skin this cat, too.

Most people here are still reading from the:BLAME THE GOVERNMENT or blame onr or the other political parties scripts.

They are truly clueless.

But you almost can't blame them for being so confused because they've been so propagandize in the last thrity years that everything they think they know about the economy is WRONG.

Last edited:
I'm sick to death of Democrats blaming President Bush for everything ...
> > Hey, people. . .facts are facts!!
> > This has to make you think a little bit, if not then keep your blinders on!
> >
> > George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six years, the economy was fine.
> > A little over one year ago:
> > 1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
> > 2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
> > 3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%;
> > 4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +
> > 5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations over seas, living large!...
> >
> > But American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress & yep--we got 'CHANGE' all right.
> > In the PAST YEAR:
> > 1) Consumer confidence has plummeted;
> > 2) Gasoline is now around $4 a gallon;
> > 3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
> > 4) Americans' home equity has dropped $12 Trillion:
> > 5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
> > 6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low~~11,100--$2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS
> >
> >
> > Speaker Of The House Nancy Pelosi & Se nate Majority leader Harry Reed will not allow a vote on more oil exploration in the USA .
> >
> > Yep, in 2006 America voted for change! And we sure as hell got it!!!
> > Now, Obama, the DEM'S candidate for President claims he's gonna really give us change!!....
> >
> >
> > JUST HOW MUCH MORE DEMOCRATIC 'CHANGE' DO YA THINK YOU CAN STAND???.....
> >
> >

Did you get that cut & paste email from the same people who sent out "Proctor & Gamble have a satanic symbol on their products"?

If you really believe that the Democrats caused all this economic damage - in two years no less - you must take the short bus to work. Ack.

Did you get that cut & paste email from the same people who sent out "Proctor & Gamble have a satanic symbol on their products"?

If you really believe that the Democrats caused all this economic damage - in two years no less - you must take the short bus to work. Ack.
while it is clearly an email, can you dispute the facts it contains?
have at it

I see no need to type what is true. No I do not think this all started just two years ago. I think it all started a long time ago like oh I don't know when Bill Clinton was in office. The real truth is I believe they all had a hand in it. I think it is a game they like to play on us. While we sit back and play the blame game while they get richer and richer on our dime. Oh they all act sympathetic as they sit back in that nice comfortable home with a big fat pay check free health insurance a nice big pension when they retire and all the goodies they can scoop up on the side.

You know who the smartest man would be to vote for would be that guy who says no thanks you are not dumping this mess in my lap I do not want to be president anymore

If Obama had any sense at all he would walk away form this disaster. If he gets elected can you imagine the fun the reps are going to have pointing the finger at him and how he has not made a hoooge difference. If he gets elected he is going to go down in history as the biggest fool of a president we ever had. Mark my words. I think Obama is a smart well educated man but I do not think this is his time. He just does not have enough wear and tear under his belt.

I say give him another 10 years and he will be prime. Let ole McCain have it if it if the POW camp in Vietnam didn't kill him he can take on this blunder and survive it plus he can retire and go to the house afterwords he will probably only do 4 years then Obama may be ready we will have to see how he does in the mean time.

We know McCain will not let anybody have any pork his records proves that he is not into pork. We need a stingy no spending president and that is McCain. We can't afford anymore debt.

I think the Dems are just tiring to use Obama they know he is raw I don't think he would be as easy as they think I just don't see it working for him right now. Any who that is my 2 cents and BTW I fell off the short bus lol

I'm sick to death of Democrats blaming President Bush for everything ...
> > ...JUST HOW MUCH MORE DEMOCRATIC 'CHANGE' DO YA THINK YOU CAN STAND???.....
> >
> >

Yeah! It is a darn good thing for Obama he isn't runnin' against Bush this year!

Who is that other guy that wants to change everything Bush has done...?

Oh, yeah - McCain. Good thing for that clown Bush isn't running against him either!

-Joe

Well that would be the operative word far less now wouldn't it.

Another thing I heard Obama say he apposes John McCain for wanting to cut taxes on business owners. McCain told him our taxes are 35% a all time high. The Obama told him ohhh that is just on paper. Yeah the paper check I send them every quarter.

Let me just tell you this I am a small business owner and the taxes are eating me alive.

Keep in mind as a small business owner their are no paid holidays, sick days or paid vacations. There is no pension. We do not get help in covering our health insurance and it goes up year after year and when I reach a new age bracket the insurance company will reward me with a higher premium.

Sooo please elect Obama so we can watch him dump more taxes on the business owners you will get to see a bailout fail. Business's will go out of business and close their doors and who will be going with them yeah the unemployed middle class good thing they are going to get that tax cut since they won't have a job to pay any of it.

Please elect Obama so we can have universal health care. Who is going to pay for that? The business owners or the middle class? Oh wait we won't be paying for any of it since we don't have jobs anymore and it won't matter if the gas goes sky high still that lack of money is going to effect how we buy gas or alternative fuel solar power or whatever else they can think of to spend our money on.

Obama can give the middle class a tax break but don't tack it onto the business owners or the economy will fail. I know where they can get the money I bet they all could take a drop in pay. I say do away with their pensions let them foot the bill for their own health insurance I think we pay them enough to pay for their own like the rest of us.

Like I said before they are about to sign us up to loan out 7 billion dollars do u really want somebody who signed up for a whole lot of pork ( Obama) and has a bigger spending bill then McCain? I bet Obama is going to owe a lot of people after his campaign especially if he is elected I wonder where oh where will he get the money?

Well that would be the operative word far less now wouldn't it.

Another thing I heard Obama say he apposes John McCain for wanting to cut taxes on business owners. McCain told him our taxes are 35% a all time high. The Obama told him ohhh that is just on paper. Yeah the paper check I send them every quarter.

Let me just tell you this I am a small business owner and the taxes are eating me alive.

Keep in mind as a small business owner their are no paid holidays, sick days or paid vacations. There is no pension. We do not get help in covering our health insurance and it goes up year after year and when I reach a new age bracket the insurance company will reward me with a higher premium.

Sooo please elect Obama so we can watch him dump more taxes on the business owners you will get to see a bailout fail. Business's will go out of business and close their doors and who will be going with them yeah the unemployed middle class good thing they are going to get that tax cut since they won't have a job to pay any of it.

Please elect Obama so we can have universal health care. Who is going to pay for that? The business owners or the middle class? Oh wait we won't be paying for any of it since we don't have jobs anymore and it won't matter if the gas goes sky high still that lack of money is going to effect how we buy gas or alternative fuel solar power or whatever else they can think of to spend our money on.

Obama can give the middle class a tax break but don't tack it onto the business owners or the economy will fail. I know where they can get the money I bet they all could take a drop in pay. I say do away with their pensions let them foot the bill for their own health insurance I think we pay them enough to pay for their own like the rest of us.

Like I said before they are about to sign us up to loan out 7 billion dollars do u really want somebody who signed up for a whole lot of pork ( Obama) and has a bigger spending bill then McCain? I bet Obama is going to owe a lot of people after his campaign especially if he is elected I wonder where oh where will he get the money?

Well, if "far less" is your operative word I suggest you look into the Libertarian Party candidate, Bob Barr. The only candidate who is going to cut federal spending.

Well, if "far less" is your operative word I suggest you look into the Libertarian Party candidate, Bob Barr. The only candidate who is going to cut federal spending.
uh, he isnt going to cut anything

because he doesnt stand a snowballs chance in hell of getting a single electoral college vote

Oh money is not my only issue. I have not forgotten we are still in Iraq and the jerk that runs Iran is chopping at the bit to get at us and so is North Korea. I think I might like a president that can handle foreign policy with experience that also would be McCain. I want the terrorist to be afraid of our leader. I don't want them setting up tea party's with our leader.

Why you ask let me just tell you I am not a spring chicken and I know from experience no matter how many tea party's you have you cannot make people like you or make them not want to kill you. Obama just does not get that. We need a warrior not a show pony.

One more thing I think bunches of our military have no respect for the Obama after his comments about Iraq.Some of them are on Youtube telling how insulted they are by his comments. I think that sentiment might be more widespread then we think.

I don't think it is a good thing for our military not to have respect for our leader know what I mean?

I like the fact that John McCain is for upholding our vets as well. As for experience in a war situation we all know that McCain is that guy who is in the know. Obama would fall into that group of not know.

As I see it our economy is failing and wars are breaking out all around us I want a president with not only foreign policy experience war experience but one with life experience and that is just not the Obama.

I do not think he is too old that was all Obama had to throw at him and to say he a Bush clone which we all know is not true. Obama has nothing to say bad about John but some fabricated story about his age and a absurd remark about him being another Bush. He better come up with something better then that to change my mind. I have not seen it yet.

As I see it if we have any sense at all McCain will be our next president.

Why would you want Iran to fear the United States? They've done nothing to us, and have not been proven to be creating nuclear weapons. So I don't see your point. North Korea is certainly a touchier subject. However, I believe diplomacy is the best way to deal with these rogue states, and John McCain sings songs about bombing Iran. As for the economy, neither candidate knows what they're doing so you can't vote for either based on that.

As I see it, if we have any sense at all Bob Barr will be our next President.

Why would I want Iran to fear us? Are u kidding me? Let me see they are seeking to develop nuclear weapons and they hate us. How can you not see that could be a problem?

I have no idea what I was thinking why don't we just call up North Korea and ask to please stop it no more developing nukes.

You might recall a little thing we had in this country 9-11 ring a bell? OK I'll go with respect us and we know that is never going to happen. I have read part of the Koran we are considered the unclean. In fact Muslims should not even speak to us. Since I know respect is out of the question I fall back on fear. I will keep whatever keeps us safe.

Why would you want Iran to fear the United States? They've done nothing to us, and have not been proven to be creating nuclear weapons. So I don't see your point. North Korea is certainly a touchier subject. However, I believe diplomacy is the best way to deal with these rogue states, and John McCain sings songs about bombing Iran. As for the economy, neither candidate knows what they're doing so you can't vote for either based on that.

As I see it, if we have any sense at all Bob Barr will be our next President.
nothing?
i seem to recall an embassy that was taken and its workers held for 444 days
thats not nothing

Why would I want Iran to fear us? Are u kidding me? Let me see they are seeking to develop nuclear weapons and they hate us. How can you not see that could be a problem?

I have no idea what I was thinking why don't we just call up North Korea and ask to please stop it no more developing nukes.

You might recall a little thing we had in this country 9-11 ring a bell? OK I'll go with respect us and we know that is never going to happen. I have read part of the Koran we are considered the unclean. In fact Muslims should not even speak to us. Since I know respect is out of the question I fall back on fear. I will keep whatever keeps us safe.

I say again, Iran has not been proven to be developing nuclear weapons. The problem Iran has with us is our love affair with Israel, and quite frankly I don't like it either. It wasn't a religious ideology that led to 9/11, as you seem to believe. It's our apparent need to occupy their lands and intervene in their affairs that made them angry. This is called blowback, the unintended consequences of our foreign policy.

You also a show a lack of knowledge about Islam. Muslim's believe that it is their duty to try to convert the other "people of the book" (Christians and Jews) to the "true path," Islam.

Forum List

Back