Hate Crime Bill Set to Pass?

Not really. Lots of people are doing what I do. Just not enough.

I suspect that has to do more with the recession than any selflessness on your part.

If I were ever to practice law, unlikely at this point in my life because I'd have to go back to school and start all over again at the bottom of the pile, I'd go into prosecution.

Actually its extremely hard to get jobs in public interest right now due to the recession. Recent grads who want to go into public interest are getting fucked. At least where I live.

But why don't you talk some more about shit you know nothing about?

Isn't that an individual sport in the Attorney Olympics?

Funny that you couldn't find time to post in the other hate crimes thread where you got your ass handed to you, but have the time to spew your bullshit here when its just personal insults.

i must have missed the part where somebody got their ass handed to them.
:rofl:

but you were telling us how brilliant you are....
sorry for the interruption.
carry on.
i'm hanging on your every word.

Of course you did. We used words that were too complicated for your simple mind.

And no, I never said I was brilliant. But keep on with the lies, Del.

Not really. Lots of people are doing what I do. Just not enough.

I suspect that has to do more with the recession than any selflessness on your part.

If I were ever to practice law, unlikely at this point in my life because I'd have to go back to school and start all over again at the bottom of the pile, I'd go into prosecution.

Actually its extremely hard to get jobs in public interest right now due to the recession. Recent grads who want to go into public interest are getting fucked. At least where I live.

no need. you're doing a fabulous job.

Whatever Nik. Have nice life. You're one to talk about arrogance. You're only miffed that I'm acting more arrogant than you. LOL

I will. And its not arrogance, its simple fact. There is a reason why biglaw recruits from the top law schools, and why you can't get in at a lesser school unless you are in the top 10-20% of your class.

Catz -- don't bother with this one. He's thoroughly indoctrinated. He might be able to recover his mind in 5 years or so, if he really tries. Doubtful though. He says he "really likes it" that's a sure sign he won't be recovering soon.

Aww, how cute. Your trying so hard to analyze me, and yet you still are so wrong. A for effort though!

Currently we are discussing, because Catz can't seem to debate anything without making it personal, my life and what I am doing with it.

So your claim is that I know nothing about my life, and what I enjoy/want to do with my life?

Fail. Try again?

I will. And its not arrogance, its simple fact. There is a reason why biglaw recruits from the top law schools, and why you can't get in at a lesser school unless you are in the top 10-20% of your class.

Catz -- don't bother with this one. He's thoroughly indoctrinated. He might be able to recover his mind in 5 years or so, if he really tries. Doubtful though. He says he "really likes it" that's a sure sign he won't be recovering soon.

Aww, how cute. Your trying so hard to analyze me, and yet you still are so wrong. A for effort though!

Nikie boy, I've seen more attorneys come and go than you could possibly imagine. I've seen them in all kinds of settings. At trial, in a ramshackle apartment talking to an indigent client, in jails getting criminals to sign divorce papers, in high pressure IP mills. In boutique sexy law firms with clients you know from national headlines parading in and out with mobs of press killing each other outside their doors.

It's not about you. You're a by-product of the system. You may figure that out someday if you ever get over yourself.

Currently we are discussing, because Catz can't seem to debate anything without making it personal, my life and what I am doing with it.

So your claim is that I know nothing about my life, and what I enjoy/want to do with my life?

Fail. Try again?

no thanks. you're too easy.

Nikie boy, I've seen more attorneys come and go than you could possibly imagine. I've seen them in all kinds of settings. At trial, in a ramshackle apartment talking to an indigent client, in jails getting criminals to sign divorce papers, in high pressure IP mills. In boutique sexy law firms with clients you know from national headlines parading in and out with mobs of press killing each other outside their doors.

It's not about you. You're a by-product of the system. You may figure that out someday if you ever get over yourself.

Of course... I can't imagine numbers that high!. And I am sure a fresh new face to the law. Its not like I've been around this kind of shit since I was 10, both parents being involved in the law and all.

But do tell how if its "not about me", you were able to glean so much from something I personally said?

Aside from that, I don't have any pretensions about the law. Legal Aid does a lot of good work, but the law is fucked up in any number of ways, and the adversarial system is somewhat of a strange one. And no, I'm not a "by-product" of the system. Its influenced me, surely, but I am not a creation of it.

Fail. Try again?

And you've never been one to take an easy shot at someone :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its not me being too easy thats the problem. We both know that, lil one.

Fail. Try again?

And you've never been one to take an easy shot at someone :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

no, i've always been one to take easy shots, but even i have standards.

Of course... I can't imagine numbers that high!. And I am sure a fresh new face to the law. Its not like I've been around this kind of shit since I was 10, both parents being involved in the law and all.

But do tell how if its "not about me", you were able to glean so much from something I personally said?

Aside from that, I don't have any pretensions about the law. Legal Aid does a lot of good work, but the law is fucked up in any number of ways, and the adversarial system is somewhat of a strange one. And no, I'm not a "by-product" of the system. Its influenced me, surely, but I am not a creation of it.

Then you should stop sounding like one.

Maybe you are just feeling guilty and trying to justify the expense. I don't know. But you are sure doing a good job at spouting the company line. Perhaps one day you'll find out that all the really good minds didn't make it to Harvard and Yale after all.

Yes, there is a reason biglaw does what it does, but it doesn't have much to do with what you think it does.

Why do the government agencies higher disproportionately from George Washington and American?

Any ideas?

Hey, good job. After posting in numerous threads attacking me numerous times, you finally said something that was actually a decent response.

Good job lil one. It makes me so proud to see you grow <3

What the world needs more of, by all means, is attorneys.

It's a terrible way to make a living. I could wish for nothing better for Nik to experience.

Have a nice life Nik. :lol:

Why do you think it's a terrible way to make a living? I've had good jobs and bad, but in general, I've found it pretty interesting.

And there are far worse ways to make a living.

Ah, true. It's been a long fucking time since I was a wet-behind-the-ears hasn't-had-the-dumb-rubbed-off-yet-recent-college-graduate. 21 years, in fact. And I've been in the same field now for 19.

Hey, good job. After posting in numerous threads attacking me numerous times, you finally said something that was actually a decent response.

as i stated previously, you're too easy.

Then you should stop sounding like one.

Perhaps you should stop assuming I do based off of a few statements.

Maybe you are just feeling guilty and trying to justify the expense. I don't know. But you are sure doing a good job at spouting the company line. Perhaps one day you'll find out that all the really good minds didn't make it to Harvard and Yale after all.

oh, and what "company line" would that be? And no, not all the good minds go to harvard and yale. But there is definitely a difference in intelligence.

Sounds like someone went to a bad law school and had a shitty career that they hated as a result. Don't be bitter, baby.

Yes, there is a reason biglaw does what it does, but it doesn't have much to do with what you think it does.

Oh, then do enlighten me.

Why do the government agencies higher disproportionately from George Washington and American?

I wasn't aware that they do. In at least one area, they don't. I couldn't be assed to look up more government agencies.

USDOJ: OARM: Law Schools Attended By 2007-2008 Honors Program Hires

But IF that is the case, and you'd have to prove to me that it was, it would be because of location.
Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Edit:

They don't actually have #'s on the site, actually, so its unclear.

so what I'm hearing is that today the Democrats voted against an amendment that would exclude pedophiles from protection under this bill (means pedophiles are a protected group) but denied protection from hate crimes to our returning vets.. that's screwy as hell.

Absurd. Pedophiles don't deserve to breathe much less have special protection. Anyone that can't understand hating peds needs to go get the screws in their heads torqued back down.

Good thing the bill in question doesn't protect pedophiles except in the tortured brains of true nutters.

Ah, true. It's been a long fucking time since I was a wet-behind-the-ears hasn't-had-the-dumb-rubbed-off-yet-recent-college-graduate. 21 years, in fact. And I've been in the same field now for 19.

Now you are just an old moron instead of a young moron. Congrats!

But good job at admitting you don't know what the hell you are talking about. First sign of honesty I've seen from you so far.

as i stated previously, you're too easy.

Oooh. Lame. Again.

Well you had one flash of mediocrity at least. So keep on givin it the old college try!

Forum List

Back