Hate Crime Bill Set to Pass?

I don't know where you're from or how big your Federal district is, but here where I'm at, my Federal district is much bigger than my city or county for that matter. So that would not be correct in all cases.

I've worked with USAO's all over the U.S., and it's still largely correct. In my case, I think our USAO covers all of the western panhandle of Florida. That would still be demographically similar to a jury drawn only from my town.

So, in the case of a hate crime that occurs in rural Alabama, for instance, the jury pool is STILL going to be drawn largely from rural Alabama.

I don't know much about Alabama. But I doubt that the federal jury pool would consist of mostly members from the immediate community where the crime may have occurred. I may be mistaken though.

I don't know much about Alabama. But I doubt that the federal jury pool would consist of mostly members from the immediate community where the crime may have occurred. I may be mistaken though.

They would still be demographically similar. THey are not going to be significantly different. They are also going to utilize the existing jury pool in the area where the crime was committed and the charges are filed.

I am curious how this kind of law is going to be interpreted? Will say for example will a Male cross-dresser male be charged with a hate crime for attacking a girl because she looks nicer than the Cross-dresser ?

I am curious how this kind of law is going to be interpreted? Will say for example will a Male cross-dresser male be charged with a hate crime for attacking a girl because she looks nicer than the Cross-dresser ?

No. Any more stupid questions?

True. But, race did play a role in the jury's decision.

I believe it was the dough that made the difference. If OJ wouldn't have had the money for the legal team he had, it would have been a one day trial.

Perhaps... as with anything else, socio economic status enables you to buy a good defense... not that it helped Phil Spector since the evidence was so bad. But I also think OJ was a hero to them... and before they were going to put him in jail, they wanted the evidence to be right. Plus, it gave them the chance to give the finger to the LAPD which had a pretty bad history.

I believe you nailed it with the "hero". I don't think any of us really wanted to believe that he could have done such a thing, and race had nothing to do with it.

So we are to believe that the law would be applied fairly but it really won't , you have anymore stupid answers?

So we are to believe that the law would be applied fairly but it really won't , you have anymore stupid answers?

While there are no stupid questions, this one is an uninformed one (in your first post). First, the attack mentioned would not have been based on hatred of the generic girl, but would be of jealousy of appearance. Secondly cross-dressers don't care about "looking better" than anyone else, especially GG's, however a transgendered may care that much, but would be more likely to commit suicide from a lack of acceptance instead of attacking another person.

New Topics

Forum List

Back