Hate Crime against a Muslim! The Punishment doesn't fit the crime!

From your link:
"she said. "My scarf didn't come off because it was on very tight, but my head was tugged back."

Sounds like she caused this woman physical harm and did more than just mention the Fort Hood shootings, she made a "made a loud reference to the killings at Fort Hood". Plus this woman accosted her twice in the store. She was following her around.

I do agree that the bail and fine seem a bit high but the judge probably had his/her reasons. Perhaps he/she could see from her demeanor that this is a dangerous person. Perhaps she has a history of this kind of thing.

Again she was wrong and should have some punishment, such as community service. But a $5K bail, up to $25K fine and possible 3 years in jail! That is beyond an abuse of authority.

Would you be just as outraged if the victim was an Orthodox Jew and the attacker made a loud reference to Israel's bombing of Gaza and pulled her wig?

Would I have strong feeling of sympathy toward the victim? I would be lying if I said no. However, would I agree with an excessive fine, imprisonment or bail? NO!

GHook if someone pulled that hubcap (yamika) off of your head while making a slur about Israel.

You would go crazy and want them to receive a life sentence. :lol:

If the prep was a Muslim, I would say take her out back and put one bullet in her head! :lol:

Please, I would say I am glad only a skull-cap was pulled off and I am glad he wasn't hurt. The person desires a minimal punishment, such as community service in a temple.

In fact the best punishment for this vicious woman should be community service in a mosque and anger management classes.

Anger management for sure. But what mosque would be willing to have her?

Plenty! Why won't a mosque want an islamphobe cleaning their toilets? :eusa_angel:

I know Sunni Man would drop a bomb (no pun intended ya muslim terrorist) and then instruct her to clean the toilet with a toothbrush.

Well fear and hate are intertwined but the Muslim woman wasn't threatening the attacker in anyway. If it was fear, it was pathological fear.
Yeah...that's what I meant. People get so hysterical about what the talking heads say that they become irrational. The woman deserves to be punished but not harshly...just like the idiot racist black woman at Walmart deserved punishment but not harsh punishment (if she REALLY hurt the cops, and I have my doubts).

I'd rather see the talking heads punished, to be honest. But that would be against the constitution...sigh. :lol:
I see your point. The attacker was probably more of a crazy than a criminal. Jail time would probably make her more ill and not change her for the better.

If the prep was a Muslim, I would say take her out back and put one bullet in her head! :lol:

Please, I would say I am glad only a skull-cap was pulled off and I am glad he wasn't hurt. The person desires a minimal punishment, such as community service in a temple.

In fact the best punishment for this vicious woman should be community service in a mosque and anger management classes.

Anger management for sure. But what mosque would be willing to have her?
Our mosque has a group of nice sisters who meet weekly for a knitting circle.

They talk, drink tea, and are very hospitable to visiters.

I really believe her outlook would dramatically change after spending some time with them.

Probably. Kudos to any of those nice sisters willing to extend a hand of friendship to her.

Well fear and hate are intertwined but the Muslim woman wasn't threatening the attacker in anyway. If it was fear, it was pathological fear.
Yeah...that's what I meant. People get so hysterical about what the talking heads say that they become irrational. The woman deserves to be punished but not harshly...just like the idiot racist black woman at Walmart deserved punishment but not harsh punishment (if she REALLY hurt the cops, and I have my doubts).

I'd rather see the talking heads punished, to be honest. But that would be against the constitution...sigh. :lol:
I see your point. The attacker was probably more of a crazy than a criminal. Jail time would probably make her more ill and not change her for the better.
Yep...jail time is bad for mental health, especially when the crime doesn't merit it. Which is why I hate three strikes laws, but that's a subject for another thread.

First, I dont like this hate crime bs anymore than the next person...but since it IS the law this lady totally deserves to be hit with it.

She intentionally pulled this ladys scarf because of her anti-Islamic feelings. Period, theres no arguing that.

With that reasonig, I'd say that the atheist in California who is taking at everything Christian, and costing the courts and our tax payers a ton of money needs to be indicted for hate crimes as well. What he is doing is all about hate, totally.

If he is offended in any way, it is because he is choosing to be offended. He should be in jail for hate crimnes against Christian Americans, and any moral people in America.

First, I dont like this hate crime bs anymore than the next person...but since it IS the law this lady totally deserves to be hit with it.

She intentionally pulled this ladys scarf because of her anti-Islamic feelings. Period, theres no arguing that.

With that reasonig, I'd say that the atheist in California who is taking at everything Christian, and costing the courts and our tax payers a ton of money needs to be indicted for hate crimes as well. What he is doing is all about hate, totally.

If he is offended in any way, it is because he is choosing to be offended. He should be in jail for hate crimnes against Christian Americans, and any moral people in America.
:lol:

Are you for real! Or are you just one of those immoral atheists posing as a Christian crackpot in order to discredit Christians in general?

Whatever you are. You're post sure gave me a chuckle. ;)

Forum List

Back