Hate Crime against a Muslim! The Punishment doesn't fit the crime!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
She mentioned the Fort Hood shootings and pulled her head-scarf! Oh the humanity. The woman was wrong no doubt, but really she should have been kicked out of the store and nothing more.

A $5K bail! :confused: Up to $25K fine! :confused: Possibly 3 years in jail! :confused:

You have to be kidding. Hate crime should be restricted to vandalism to home or business and violence (meaning a punch, kick or beating that requires hospitalization). Hate crimes for mere words and a harmless tug of clothing is an abuse of justice.

And CAIR request federal criminal charges is beyond ironic, since they are traitors living in America who are guilt of hate crimes whenever they speak.

Woman charged with hate crime in scarf-pulling incident - Chicago Breaking News
"I think (a charge of hate crime) sends the appropriate message that these kinds of race-based lash-outs are unacceptable," said Ahmed Rehab, executive director of the Chicago chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations. "Every time something like (the Fort Hood shootings) happens, the Muslim community prepares for a backlash."

Amal Abusumayah, 28, told police she was shopping at a Tinley Park grocery store Nov. 7 when a middle-age woman passed her in the aisle and made a loud reference to the killings at Fort Hood.

"She said, 'The man that did that shooting in Texas was from the Middle East,' in a really loud and angry voice," Abusumayah told the Tribune last week. Minutes later, while Abusumayah was paying for her groceries at a self-checkout, the woman approached her from behind and tugged hard on her blue and beige head scarf, she said.

"I turned around and looked at her, and she walked out of the store," she said. "My scarf didn't come off because it was on very tight, but my head was tugged back.

First, I dont like this hate crime bs anymore than the next person...but since it IS the law this lady totally deserves to be hit with it.

She intentionally pulled this ladys scarf because of her anti-Islamic feelings. Period, theres no arguing that.

First, I dont like this hate crime bs anymore than the next person...but since it IS the law this lady totally deserves to be hit with it.

She intentionally pulled this ladys scarf because of her anti-Islamic feelings. Period, theres no arguing that.

The lady was wrong no doubt. In my opinion she is a worthless piece of trailer trash and the Muslim American was definitely the victim.

But give me a break the punishment is well out of balance with the crime.

People should keep their damned hands off of other people, PERIOD!!!

For whatever reason, and the offender in this case was very stupid. Sometimes it has consequences. What she did was assault, she did it because of perceived religious affilliation. That qualifies under the statutes.

People should keep their damned hands off of other people, PERIOD!!!

For whatever reason, and the offender in this case was very stupid. Sometimes it has consequences. What she did was assault, she did it because of perceived religious affilliation. That qualifies under the statutes.

Wrong - YES
Worthy of Minimal Punishment - YES
Punishment that is so harsh that it arguable violates the 8th amendments (no excessive fines and bails is also part of the amendment) - ABSOLUTELY NOT

Last edited:
She mentioned the Fort Hood shootings and pulled her head-scarf! Oh the humanity. The woman was wrong no doubt, but really she should have been kicked out of the store and nothing more.

A $5K bail! :confused: Up to $25K fine! :confused: Possibly 3 years in jail! :confused:

You have to be kidding. Hate crime should be restricted to vandalism to home or business and violence (meaning a punch, kick or beating that requires hospitalization). Hate crimes for mere words and a harmless tug of clothing is an abuse of justice.

And CAIR request federal criminal charges is beyond ironic, since they are traitors living in America who are guilt of hate crimes whenever they speak.

"I think (a charge of hate crime) sends the appropriate message that these kinds of race-based lash-outs are unacceptable," said Ahmed Rehab, executive director of the Chicago chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations. "Every time something like (the Fort Hood shootings) happens, the Muslim community prepares for a backlash."

Amal Abusumayah, 28, told police she was shopping at a Tinley Park grocery store Nov. 7 when a middle-age woman passed her in the aisle and made a loud reference to the killings at Fort Hood.

"She said, 'The man that did that shooting in Texas was from the Middle East,' in a really loud and angry voice," Abusumayah told the Tribune last week. Minutes later, while Abusumayah was paying for her groceries at a self-checkout, the woman approached her from behind and tugged hard on her blue and beige head scarf, she said.

"I turned around and looked at her, and she walked out of the store," she said. "My scarf didn't come off because it was on very tight, but my head was tugged back.

Are you sure that wasn't Atlanta?

She mentioned the Fort Hood shootings and pulled her head-scarf!
From your link:
"she said. "My scarf didn't come off because it was on very tight, but my head was tugged back."

Sounds like she caused this woman physical harm and did more than just mention the Fort Hood shootings, she made a "made a loud reference to the killings at Fort Hood". Plus this woman accosted her twice in the store. She was following her around.

I do agree that the bail and fine seem a bit high but the judge probably had his/her reasons. Perhaps he/she could see from her demeanor that this is a dangerous person. Perhaps she has a history of this kind of thing.

Are you sure that wasn't Atlanta?

Your point of trolling?

From your link:
"she said. "My scarf didn't come off because it was on very tight, but my head was tugged back."

Sounds like she caused this woman physical harm and did more than just mention the Fort Hood shootings, she made a "made a loud reference to the killings at Fort Hood". Plus this woman accosted her twice in the store. She was following her around.

I do agree that the bail and fine seem a bit high but the judge probably had his/her reasons. Perhaps he/she could see from her demeanor that this is a dangerous person. Perhaps she has a history of this kind of thing.

Again she was wrong and should have some punishment, such as community service. But a $5K bail, up to $25K fine and possible 3 years in jail! That is beyond an abuse of authority.

From your link:

Again she was wrong and should have some punishment, such as community service. But a $5K bail, up to $25K fine and possible 3 years in jail! That is beyond an abuse of authority.

Would you be just as outraged if the victim was an Orthodox Jew and the attacker made a loud reference to Israel's bombing of Gaza and pulled her wig?

GHook if someone pulled that hubcap (yamika) off of your head while making a slur about Israel.

You would go crazy and want them to receive a life sentence. :lol:

If the prep was a Muslim, I would say take her out back and put one bullet in her head! :lol:

Please, I would say I am glad only a skull-cap was pulled off and I am glad he wasn't hurt. The person desires a minimal punishment, such as community service in a temple.

In fact the best punishment for this vicious woman should be community service in a mosque and anger management classes.

GHook if someone pulled that hubcap (yamika) off of your head while making a slur about Israel.

If the prep was a Muslim, I would say take her out back and put one bullet in her head! :lol:

Please, I would say I am glad only a skull-cap was pulled off and I am glad he wasn't hurt. The person desires a minimal punishment, such as community service in a temple.

In fact the best punishment for this vicious woman should be community service in a mosque and anger management classes.

Anger management for sure. But what mosque would be willing to have her?

?? you think the attacker may have acted out of fear?
Yes.
Well fear and hate are intertwined but the Muslim woman wasn't threatening the attacker in anyway. If it was fear, it was pathological fear.
Yeah...that's what I meant. People get so hysterical about what the talking heads say that they become irrational. The woman deserves to be punished but not harshly...just like the idiot racist black woman at Walmart deserved punishment but not harsh punishment (if she REALLY hurt the cops, and I have my doubts).

I'd rather see the talking heads punished, to be honest. But that would be against the constitution...sigh. :lol:

Anger management for sure. But what mosque would be willing to have her?
Our mosque has a group of nice sisters who meet weekly for a knitting circle.

They talk, drink tea, and are very hospitable to visiters.

I really believe her outlook would dramatically change after spending some time with them.

Forum List

Back