GOP Needs Six Weeks To Debate Health Care Bill That All Republicans Will Oppose

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
It's the Huff, but still:

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) argued last Sunday that Republicans deserve at least six additional weeks to consider health care reform before letting the bill come to a vote. But on Friday, his top lieutenant said the entire GOP has already made up its mind on the legislation.

Appearing on Fox News Friday morning, Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) insisted that "every single Republican will oppose" even debating health care reform because "they know it will only get worse."

Discuss.

the gop is only good for useless opposition and laughs. their cries for fiscal responsibility after they watched their boy spent trillions is laughable.

Good thing.

The longer that stink bomb is delayed, the lower the odds are that it'll ever get passed.

I'm sorry?? What do you have against healthcare again?? I mean?? Do you have healthcare?? Is it any good?? Do you have a huge deductable?? Do you really love paying the CEO's of some healthcare companies $102,000 an hour?? Would you like some ky jelly or do you just want it dry? If you take it dry.. You might need some health care.. Rebuttlicans can be pretty stupid and abusive when it comes to the american public..

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) argued last Sunday that Republicans deserve at least six additional weeks to consider health care reform before letting the bill come to a vote. But on Friday, his top lieutenant said the entire GOP has already made up its mind on the legislation.

Appearing on Fox News Friday morning, Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) insisted that "every single Republican will oppose" even debating health care reform because "they know it will only get worse."

Discuss.

Too little, too late for the Republicans. Their massive screw-ups caused all this crap in the first place. I seriously doubt I will ever vote for a Republican again just as a matter of principle. This almost sounds as ridiculous as putting terrorists on trial in New York and then saying that they'll be found guilty.

This thing will pass. Republicans will go down in history as the ones that oppesed it just like they did wth Medicare, social security, civil rights etc etc.

Republicans will go down in history as the pos they are AGAIN.

This thing will pass. Republicans will go down in history as the ones that oppesed it just like they did wth Medicare, social security, civil rights etc etc.

you're wrong on civil rights... they were for it til the southern strategy.

obama promised open debate on cspan....

h/c won't even start until 2013.....

and you guys complain about 6 weeks....

the gop is only good for useless opposition and laughs. their cries for fiscal responsibility after they watched their boy spent trillions is laughable.

I wonder how much laughing will go on when they realize they might not be taking an entire month off for the Christmas break?

[At least under Democratic leadership, Congress is actually at their desks when in session five days a week. They now start on Mondays, not Tuesdays, and end on Friday evenings, not Thursdays at noon.]

Good thing.

The longer that stink bomb is delayed, the lower the odds are that it'll ever get passed.

That's the plan. You'd better hope it doesn't backfire, though. Most polls show that Americans want SOME form of health care reform, and if the Republicans unanimously continue to ignore that, they too need to reminded that mid-term elections aren't that far off.

The American Public and the Next Phase of the Health Care Reform Debate | Health Care Reform 2009
The overwhelming majority of Americans want health care reform: 84% believe that the health care system needs to be fundamentally changed or completely rebuilt (CBS, October). In addition, a majority (53%) believes that the country would be better off if the legislation being discussed were enacted (KFF, October). The public also favors several of the policy elements being discussed for inclusion in the final bill, including requiring insurers to cover people with preexisting conditions (80 to 89% support) (KFF, September; CBS, September; Pew; NBC, September) and requiring employers to offer and contribute to their employees’ health insurance plans (59 to 67%) (Pew; KFF, September).

obama promised open debate on cspan....

h/c won't even start until 2013.....

and you guys complain about 6 weeks....

I believe there was open debate on C-Span2 covering all the committees involved when convened (both House and Senate), and also the floor debate in the House on C-Span. You could have watched the full Senate debate on Saturday on any number of channels intermittently, but most definitely on C-Span.

Good thing.

I'm sorry?? What do you have against healthcare again?? I mean?? Do you have healthcare?? Is it any good?? Do you have a huge deductable?? Do you really love paying the CEO's of some healthcare companies $102,000 an hour?? Would you like some ky jelly or do you just want it dry? If you take it dry.. You might need some health care.. Rebuttlicans can be pretty stupid and abusive when it comes to the american public..

I don't have anything against healthcare. Mine is just fine. What I AM against is the government telling me I HAVE to buy it or I'm going to jail. WHAT DON"T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?????? You know, there's a real simple solution to all this bullshit about being tired of paying for everyone elses healthcare. DON'T!!! Don't pay for it! Let it be THEIR problem. It's a very simple concept and easy to implement. Without costing ANYONE a single dime.

If you don't have insurance, you don't get treatment. END OF DISCUSSION!

I wonder how much laughing will go on when they realize they might not be taking an entire month off for the Christmas break?

[At least under Democratic leadership, Congress is actually at their desks when in session five days a week. They now start on Mondays, not Tuesdays, and end on Friday evenings, not Thursdays at noon.]

yeah maggie...Im sure that is a huge concern.

Good thing.

I don't have anything against healthcare. Mine is just fine. What I AM against is the government telling me I HAVE to buy it or I'm going to jail. WHAT DON"T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?????? You know, there's a real simple solution to all this bullshit about being tired of paying for everyone elses healthcare. DON'T!!! Don't pay for it! Let it be THEIR problem. It's a very simple concept and easy to implement. Without costing ANYONE a single dime.

Can we hold you to that? (In the meantime, I sure hope you don't lose your private insurance.)

Discuss.

Too little, too late for the Republicans. Their massive screw-ups caused all this crap in the first place. I seriously doubt I will ever vote for a Republican again just as a matter of principle. This almost sounds as ridiculous as putting terrorists on trial in New York and then saying that they'll be found guilty.

Of course, it's all republicans fault. what a brilliant observation. Dems never do wrong. They never cause any problems...well, except for voting to go to Iraq...pushing the housing market off a cliff...cramming a bill through that effects EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN, BUT THEM.

We get it.. Responsibility is hard to accept. So why should you? It's just not convenient.

Probably so...and in 2010 and 2012, dems will be wondering WTF happened??? How did we lose so much political power??

WHAAAAAAA HAAHHAAAAA....Bush is evil and now we don't have the majority anymore! WAAAAHAAAAA!!!!

yeah maggie...Im sure that is a huge concern.

Oh, I see. You don't mind paying them full salary for 3/4 time. Then I sure as shit don't want to see you screeching about your taxes paying their salaries and that they work for us, not the other way around. Okay?

Can we hold you to that? (In the meantime, I sure hope you don't lose your private insurance.)

I probably will lose it. I'm sure this bullshit plan will drive my insurance company and my doctor out of the industry. But that's the plan isn't it? To make society dependent on the government for everything?

Hell, if I do go to jail, you'll be paying for my insurance! LOLOLOLOLOLOL And it's pretty good coverage too! Full health, dental, vision...SWEEEET!

Obama is NOT the Gop's boy,so let's watch the language. You libs are supposed to be politically correct. I thought in this day and age we had moved past that kind of language.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back