Hasan.. Muslim Terrorist or Nut

Why is it so hard for the left to admit he's a terrorist who committed an act of terror? I just don't get it. Is their something more sinister going on in their defense of mass murder?

Never mind his emails with top al queda recruiter:

U.S. Knew Fort Hood Suspect Emailed with Radical Imam - News- msnbc.com

U.S. Knew Fort Hood Suspect Emailed with Radical Imam
By Jonathan Dienst
NBCNewYork.com
updated 4:48 a.m. CT, Tues., Nov . 10, 2009
The Army major suspected in the slaughter at Fort Hood reached out to a radical Muslim imam overseas - a cleric whose teachings had served as inspiration to the Fort Dix terrorists, law enforcement and congressional sources tell NBCNew York.com.

That email traffic between Army psychologist Nidal Hasan and that overseas imam was monitored by U.S. intelligence at the time, investigators said. Hasan allegedly sent emails to Imam Anwar Aulaqi in Yemen months before last week's rampage that left 13 dead and dozens more injured. Aulaqi's website is now praising the attack. Aulaqi had preached at Virginia and San Diego mosques attended by several of the 9-11 hijackers but was never charged with any crime. He later moved to Yemen where he engaged in radical preaching. Congressional officials are now calling for an investigation as to whether the email contact between Hasan and the Imam were shared with law enforcement and Army officials. Officials said the Army was notified about the communication but no action was taken.

"This would be the same as if during World War II an Army major were involved in a telephone conversation with a close associate of Adolf Hitler overseas," said Rep. Peter King (R-Long Island) who serves on the House Homeland Security Committee. "If you are an officer in United States army and you are dealing with someone who has very close links to terrorism and we are at war with Islamic terrorism ... that to me is as serious an offense as you can have." ...

As to the thread title, explain why the two are mutually exclusive?

I guess that falls upon me.. mmm tough one..

On one hand, Nuts, would be the greater group and Muslim Terrorists would be a subset.

On the other hand, you could be a Nut but not a Muslim Terrorist.

Anyway, I still say he's both..

.:night:

Last edited:
Would one answer make the victims any less dead?

He's a nutjob that used religion to justify his actions to himself. If that is the definition of terrorist, then he's a terrorist...just like any other nutjob that uses religion to justify their bad actions.

He's a nutjob that used religion to justify his actions to himself. If that is the definition of terrorist, then he's a terrorist...just like any other nutjob that uses religion to justify their bad actions.

WRONG. Nutjobs don't coordinate with their emams, or try to contact AQ to possibly be of more value. He was a terrorist. Calling him a nut, especially after shooting that pregnant woman gives nuts a bad name.

He was a muslim terrorist infiltrator who went into the US military to kill Americans, just like Akbar who threw a grenade into his command post at the start of the Gulf War. Traitors, liars, terrorists.

Investigators Found E-Mails From Hasan to Al Qaeda, Officials Say <LINK

[SNIP]

Military and law enforcement investigators have located e-mails from alleged Fort Hood shooter Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan to people associated with Al Qaeda, two U.S. officials told Fox News on the condition of anonymity.

These officials would not say if Hasan actually received any replies from the "extremists" he tried to contact, but one official said the intelligence suggests the people he was trying to reach "did not take Hasan seriously."

[/SNIP]

The 'answer' will let us know if the government is doing their #1 job, protecting citizens, whether soldiers or civilians.

Ravi, that is the point.

nut! If he had been a muslim terrorist he would have walked in with a bomb straped to him and blown the place up. This has nutjob written all over it.

Yep...if he were a terrorist, he would be a piss poor one. A nut job who snapped.

(Not condoning him at all...for those of you who seem to think that anyone not agreeing with YOU is agreeing with HIM)

WRONG. Nutjobs don't coordinate with their emams, or try to contact AQ to possibly be of more value. He was a terrorist. Calling him a nut, especially after shooting that pregnant woman gives nuts a bad name.

He was a muslim terrorist infiltrator who went into the US military to kill Americans, just like Akbar who threw a grenade into his command post at the start of the Gulf War. Traitors, liars, terrorists.

Muslim terrorist is my bet. He's been in contact with his former Imam in Yemen who is a radical Muslim and a big supporter of terrorists. I don't think he e-mailed him to discuss the weather. This guy was an American who thought more of his religion than being an American and apparantly had no problem killing `13 of his fellow soldiers iin the name of Allah.

Oh Yeah. Muslim Terrorist

The war has come home and Obama does nothing

hassan linked to al qaida and the 9-11 pilots????

The war has come home and Obama does nothing

hassan linked to al qaida and the 9-11 pilots????

Yeah, ok.

People. I don't mean to defend the sack of shit that committed such a heinous crime, but we simply don't have all the facts yet to call the fucker a terrorist. Terrorism is a very serious charge and a legal term that has a certain definition. Not every crazy fuckface gets to wear the badge of a terrorist - then every act of violence could be considered an act of terrorism. Also, as much as you might hate him, he does deserve a fair trial just like any other human being (even the most fucked up ones).

I'm really interested in how it all went down ... what did the authorities know before this happened, what were the warning signs, etc. What is obvious so far is that someone dropped the ball on this dude. Just like in Virginia Tech, people didn't do what they were supposed to do to prevent this onslaught. You'd think that the military would have all the checks in place ... I guess they didn't. But then also ... do remember that hindsight is always 20/20 and not everything is so crystal clear in everyday life.

Also, all the right wing idiots (viz Misty) trying to pin this somehow on Obama can kiss my ass as they are dishonest dipshits. I don't believe that charge for a second - until you give me hard proof of it - not some WND crap. But then, we've already seen how desperate they are to make Obama into Hitler the second. It's all so much bull.

So please, I know it is hard for y'all, but try to leave out the spin - out of respect for the victims and their families, if nothing else.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back