Every President

Isn't there another country that does this? In South America I think.

I'm not sure they would be able to muster the votes to amend the constitution to do this.

As far as the merits of the proposition...at this point I think it might be a good idea. Every President spends the first 4 years in the White House trying to get re-elected to a second term.

it might be a good idea, like someone else said they spend the first four years trying to get re elected. If they didn't have to worry about it they might get more done.

it might be a good idea, like someone else said they spend the first four years trying to get re elected. If they didn't have to worry about it they might get more done.

Damn....now who was it who said that? It's gotta be here somewhere....
Every President spends the first 4 years in the White House trying to get re-elected to a second term.

Yes Patek, because we all know that your idea was so original. :rolleyes:

I'm not in favor of Term Limits. I feel that the U.S. deserves whatever they elect. If they're stupid enough to elect a idiot more than twice then that is on them.

• Banned

I'm not in favor of Term Limits. I feel that the U.S. deserves whatever they elect. If they're stupid enough to elect a idiot more than twice then that is on them.

it's amazing that amendment was passed. considering how difficult it is to amend the constitution. was still a democratic congress to boot, I believe.

it's amazing that amendment was passed. considering how difficult it is to amend the constitution. was still a democratic congress to boot, I believe.

I'm not too surprised it passed. Wasn't the first stupid thing Congress passed and certainly won't be the last.

• Banned

I'm not too surprised it passed. Wasn't the first stupid thing Congress passed and certainly won't be the last.

edit: 3/4 of the states.

Last edited:

Case in point...the current President. and your babbling now fool....are you sure you aren't a drunkard? Perhaps a methhead.....

Last edited:
Case in point...the current President.

:eusa_eh: Reading comprehension?

Obama is in his third term? Holy shit, what a magic act! I knew he could part the seas and cure the sick but this is his best yet! :eusa_eh:

Case in point for the terminally stupid like dogbert....."stupid enough to elect an idiot..."

Except my key point in the post was more than twice. Since, you know, this thread is about term limits. As much as you'd like to take out bits and pieces of my posts to quote, that's taking it out of context. Which by the way is against the rules now last I checked.

There's an old saying in Washington:

-- For the first 6 months, you wonder how the hell you got here.

-- For the next 2 years, you wonder how the hell the rest of them got here.

-- After 3 years, you wonder how the hell you're still here.

"History will judge Barack Obama [and George Bush] over the long haul. But we've learned something in the short term that is simple, obvious, and has less to do with him than with the Founding Fathers. This is a country that often has transformational ambitions but is saddled with an incremental system, a nation built on revolution, then engineered so the revolutionary can rarely take hold."

Excerpt from a longer article at:
Anna Quindlen: Assessing Barack Obama's Progress | Newsweek Politics | Newsweek.com

Forum List

Back