Republicans More Knowledgeable Than Democrats

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Under a section called "Partisan Knowledge Gap," we find Republicans were more knowledgeable by a double-digit factor on four issues. Although the Glenn Beck question is naturally easier for Republicans, the other three issues are basic political knowledge— what "cap-and-trade" means, who's in control of the House, and who the new Supreme Court Justice is (a question that should perhaps be easier for Democrats). Republicans also led Democrats on identifying the unemployment rate, Fed chairman, Dow level, Max Baucus' position. Republicans correctly answered an Iran/Israel question and an Afghanistan question more often than Dems. Republicans and Democrats were even on identifying the "public option" as a health-care plan.

But take heart, Democrats: You lead Republicans by five points on a whopping one question.

The Weekly Standard

Was talking about the Weakly Standard being the shaky source.

Still, I'd bet that the results from Pew won't be reported anywhere in the traditional MSM.

Pew polls are rarely reported in the MSM. See: My two polls from Pew I've posted here.

Those two were about Atheism and Scientists political leanings.

Last edited:
These numbers likely switch, people tend to learn more about what they don't like than what they do and with the current administration it doesn't surprise me that Republicans scored higher this time around. ;)

These numbers likely switch, people tend to learn more about what they don't like than what they do and with the current administration it doesn't surprise me that Republicans scored higher this time around. ;)

The fact that anyone missed the majority of those questions on either sides is pathetic. Though considering some of the polls I've seen and their numbers, it's not surprising.

Hence the fear of the tea parties. Politicians thrive on an ignorant constituency and they were left unaccountable for far too long,I guess we can say BHO accomplished something.

Hence the fear of the tea parties. Politicians thrive on an ignorant constituency and they were left unaccountable for far too long,I guess we can say BHO accomplished something.

There are plenty of ignorant people in the tea parties. The only reason I would fear the tea parties if I were Barack Obama is that one of them may try to carry out the whole "water the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants" sign they carry.

There are plenty of ignorant people in the tea parties. The only reason I would fear the tea parties if I were Barack Obama is that one of them may try to carry out the whole "water the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants" sign they carry.
Obammy shouldn't be alone in that fear....All the tyrants should be very afraid.

Sorry folks..

I don't trust any poll unless it comes from Rassmussen

The fact that anyone missed the majority of those questions on either sides is pathetic. Though considering some of the polls I've seen and their numbers, it's not surprising.

The fact that anyone voted for Obama with his lack of experience and his background was and is also pathetic... but it does go to show the amount of ignorant people who blindly followed on a feeling or other 'charisma' issues and not an understanding on what things truly are

There is no question that republicans are more knowledgeable about the "facts"

Other facts that should have been asked in the survey
1. Obama was born in Kenya
2. Healthcare includes death panels
3. Obama is a Muslim
4. Obama has quadrupled the deficit
5. People on welfare drive Cadilac Escallades
6. The economy is failing
7. There is nothing wrong with the environment
8. The American public loves the republicans

Last edited:

I don't know about that Kitten, I have always found just in conversing with democrats over many years, that they don't pay near the attention to economic issues, legislation concerning it, whose who is congress and the senate and quite often are clueless about the different branches of government, executive, legislative and judicial and what those powers entail.

I think they are just too busy watching " dancing with the stars," instead of paying attention in what goes on in their world and how it effects them. I am not saying they are stupid, but when you ask a young democrat who the vice President is and they don't know the answer, that's pretty scary and what's even scarier is that person votes.

I think people should have to take a litmus test to vote. You need to know something about the workings of government to make an informed vote. You also need to know how YOU think about larger government vs smaller government, higher taxes vs lower taxes, and which candidate better represents what you think is important. Econ 101 is a basic course that should be mandated for graduation from high school. So many people want hand outs, but then don't understand that it's taxes that pay for all that free stuff they are getting and that hurts business small and large and they are the employer's of America.

The Obama vote, in my opinion, was an uneducated vote, many voted for him because of all the promises he made, never thinking that he could not deliver. Many voted for him because he was the first black candidate and wanted a black President, never questioning whether he would make a good one or not. Many voted for him because he sounded good behind the podium and could pronounce his words well. It's extremely important to know the issues, know the candidate and then make an informed and educated decision.

Otherwise, we have what we have now, an economy that's in the tank and won't be coming out for a very very long time. A President who is weak on making decisions on defense, Afghanistan and Iraq. A deficit that will surely bankrupt this country if not brought under control. A Health care reform bill and a Cap and Trade that will bring the bankrupting of America to the forefront and do it quickly.

Forum List

Back