Has Trump finally lost it?

I won't say Trump did anything illegal but unless you're either retarded or willfully ignorant one thing is obvious. For whatever reason he wants this Russian investigation over with as quick as possible.

I can easily see why, he's trying to push an agenda, and this is overshadowing it.

But it's not overshadowing it. One of the top news stories for weeks now has been how Republicans can't come together to pass a health care bill. That's hardly Mueller's fault.

I'm not suggesting he's done anything illegal, but you don't find it weird that Russia just pops up in controversy surrounding his administration going back to before anybody even thought he would win?

Um, Russia was never an issue until he started winning. It was for lack of an effective policy argument that they (the Clinton campaign) decided to bring Russia up/use Russia as a weapon against Trump. Yeah I find it weird, seeing as how like I said before, it was never an issue until he started pasting the GOP field from one coastline to the other.

No, this Russia thing was borne out of fear and desperation.

I won't say Trump did anything illegal but unless you're either retarded or willfully ignorant one thing is obvious. For whatever reason he wants this Russian investigation over with as quick as possible.

I can easily see why, he's trying to push an agenda, and this is overshadowing it.

But it's not overshadowing it. One of the top news stories for weeks now has been how Republicans can't come together to pass a health care bill. That's hardly Mueller's fault.

Interesting, because for the last 8 months or so dating to last November, Democrats have been "Russia" this, "collusion" that. And we have an entire media apparatus consumed with/by it, naturally because they are prone to political bias. They have literally destroyed their credibility trying to push this narrative. When people only get this kind of messaging on the news, naturally their focus will be on that and nothing else the President does.

I never said Mueller was to blame for anything, by the way.

McCabe, Comey, Rosenstein, Mueller, Sessions. He seems to think that their jobs are to have undying loyalty to the President instead of to the Constitution and rule of law. Comey was first and now it looks like everybody else's heads are on the chopping block. Six months into his presidency and he's looking to purge the intelligence community of anybody who looks at him the wrong way. Even the very people he appointed.

On a serious note, aaron, perhaps some supplementary information is required.

When did he ask McCabe, Rosenstein, Mueller, or Sessions for their fealty to him and him alone? Do you have links to back this up? Or is this post nothing but pure speculation? The only documented case of Trump demanding loyalty was from Comey.

He went after all of them in today's New York Times interview. These are the very people he appointed. The thing they all have in common is a connection to the ongoing Russia investigation. He thought firing Comey and appointing his own people would make it go away, but was unaware that their jobs aren't to drop investigations just because they point towards your boss.
You're delusional. There is absolutely no investigation that is pointing to Trump. Sane people know that.

If anything overshadows his agenda it's Trump. He has accomplished nothing since becoming President aside from a SC pick, and he goes to Twitter to insult an MSNBC host's face lift. No world on a wall, but we know he thinks SNL isn't funny. No health care bill, but we know how much CNN sucks.

If anything overshadows his agenda it's Trump.

I disagree. When you have media outlets looking for dirt on Trump rather than making productive critiques about his policies, nobody is educated about his policies. Admittedly, Trump can be his own worst enemy, but that doesn't change the fact the media and the left have been going for his head since he came down that escalator in Trump tower in 2015. They will never take the time to educate the masses about his policies.

He has accomplished nothing since becoming President aside from a SC pick

You sure?

From where I'm sitting, he's accomplished much within his first 100 days, for example, he signed more bills (28) into law than any president since Harry Truman.

Also, I can recall the conservatives on this board and elsewhere making similar arguments regarding Obama throughout his presidency. Nine months barely go by and people are ready to declare his presidency a failure.

It's only a failure to you and people of similar beliefs because he isn't the person you voted for, agreed with, or whatever he was in contrary to you.

McCabe is under three investigations. The most serious one being that the FBI targeted Flynn for revenge. That's going to include his boss Comey as well in that one. Comey refused to investigate the unmasking and the leaking. Rosenstein and Mueller mega conflicts of interest. And Sessions who I truly respect and admire screwed the pooch when he recused himself from the Russia investigation when there was absolutely no reason to have done so.

You are a bunch of BULLSHIT!!! The FBI did not make Flynn talk to the Russians about sanctions or fail to make disclosures about his lobbying. Comey had no reason to investigate unmasking because it is not illegal. Why are Trump associates' names coming up with individuals who are under surveillance? Rosenstein and Mueller have no conflicts except the one the delusional Trump supporters can come up with. Sessions had every reason to recuse himself as he did not disclose contacts with Russia.

These people are not part of Trump's personal security force and are not there to protect Trump. They answer to the American people and are charged with enforcing the law even if it leads to Trump. Trump is not above the law.

These people are not part of Trump's personal security force and are not there to protect Trump. They answer to the American people and are charged with enforcing the law even if it leads to Trump. Trump is not above the law.

Interestingly all of these people are under the jurisdiction of the DOJ or the FBI. Both are part of the executive branch of government, and who is in charge of the executive branch? The President. So some measure of loyalty should be required of anyone the president nominates to a post.

In response to the bold:

Neither was Hillary, but here she is still free from any kind of repercussions for her carelessness with her emails.

All he expects is competence, so far the lot of them are incompetent.

The only incompetent one is Trump.

Here is another example:

Trump meets the Russians in the Oval office, blocks American media, lets Russian media in. During the process he gives the Russians classified information that had not gone through the process of declassification. There were only 3 other people in that room. H.R. McMaster, National Security adviser, Dina Powell, Deputy National Security adviser, and Rex Tillerson, Secretary of state. So which one of these 3 leaked to the Washington Post?
Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
Who was in Trump's meeting with the Russians? - CNNPolitics.com

Trump forgets that these same people swore an oath to this COUNTRY (not him) to protect and defend this country from foreign and domestic enemies, and about now, it should occur to you that they very well may consider Trump to be the enemy.

donald-trump-russia-meeting-scandal-oval-office-comey-firing.jpg

To add insult to injury

U.S. Intelligence agents warned Israeli Intelligence in January to not give classified information to Trump, citing he may be compromised by the Russians.
US spies 'warned Israel not to share intelligence with Trump'
The source of the intel Trump shared with Russia reportedly was warned months ago not to give it to him

Has Trump finally lost it?

This is what, the 253rd time liberal forum snowflakes have announced that Trump has "finally lost it"?

And each time they do it with breathless finality as though their announcement is either (a) news or (b) important.

McCabe, Comey, Rosenstein, Mueller, Sessions. He seems to think that their jobs are to have undying loyalty to the President instead of to the Constitution and rule of law.
He obviously expects both, as a President should.

These people are charged with enforcing the law. They should not have undying loyalty to the point where they ignore the rule of law. Trump must be held accountable.

I'm not suggesting he's done anything illegal, but you don't find it weird that Russia just pops up in controversy surrounding his administration going back to before anybody even thought he would win?

Um, Russia was never an issue until he started winning. It was for lack of an effective policy argument that they (the Clinton campaign) decided to bring Russia up/use Russia as a weapon against Trump. Yeah I find it weird, seeing as how like I said before, it was never an issue until he started pasting the GOP field from one coastline to the other.

Our intelligence agencies made the Trump campaign aware of the fact that Russia is interfering in our elections. Pence was briefed and said there was no doubt of the fact that Russia was interfering in our elections.

Interestingly all of these people are under the jurisdiction of the DOJ or the FBI. Both are part of the executive branch of government, and who is in charge of the executive branch? The President. So some measure of loyalty should be required of anyone the president nominates to a post.

In response to the bold:

Neither was Hillary, but here she is still free from any kind of repercussions for her carelessness with her emails.

Their first duty is to the rule of law. That supersedes any loyalty to Trump. They should not be trying to protect the President. If they do then they may be obstructing justice.

Our intelligence agencies made the Trump campaign aware of the fact that Russia is interfering in our elections. Pence was briefed and said there was no doubt of the fact that Russia was interfering in our elections.

And, was there a link to Trump at that point in time?

Nope. Where did the link come from exactly? You're moving the goalposts.

In response to the bold:

Their first duty is to the rule of law. That supersedes any loyalty to Trump. They should not be trying to protect the President. If they do then they may be obstructing justice.

Response to red:

I wouldn't expect anything less. But if they aren't loyal to the president, are they being loyal to the law? Their lack of loyalty for one can in fact infect the other.

Response to green:

So, he isn't entitled to his due process rights?

Response to blue:

Er, okay. You can go with that liberal talking point if you wish.

In response to the bold:

Response to red:

I wouldn't expect anything less. But if they aren't loyal to the president, are they being loyal to the law? Their lack of loyalty for one can in fact infect the other.

Response to green:

So, he isn't entitled to his due process rights?

Response to blue:

Er, okay. You can go with that liberal talking point if you wish.

It is hardly a liberal talking point. You are as anti-America as liberals are. When a cabinet officer takes a oath, they swear to uphold the Constitution of the United States not the President of the United States. When Trump asked Comey for his loyalty, Comey gave the 100% correct answer.

The fact is that any citizen has due process rights but are not entitled to special privileges. That particularly applies to Presidents.

McCabe, Comey, Rosenstein, Mueller, Sessions. He seems to think that their jobs are to have undying loyalty to the President instead of to the Constitution and rule of law.
He obviously expects both, as a President should.

These people are charged with enforcing the law. They should not have undying loyalty to the point where they ignore the rule of law. Trump must be held accountable.
Ignore what fucking law?

Forum List

Back