Has Trickle Down Economics Failed?

Has Trickle Down Failed

• Yes

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
The truth is that for some any taxes are too much.
They will just not come right out and say that. the wannabe freeloaders.

51% of Americans pay no income taxes. Where is the fairness?

10% of Americans buy our politicians. Now those politicians are cancelling town halls or charging money to anyone who want's to ask them a question. Where is the fairness?

Why are you defending people who would gladly spit in your face? You aren't a millionaire. Here's a dollar. Go park my Rolls.

We have the best government that money can buy.
And THAT is the main problem.

You make it too easy.

You said, "From 1950 to 1973, real economic growth in the U.S. economy averaged 3.6 percent per year." in post 63.

Then I said, "Oh please. You mention 1950. When was Eisenhower in office? The last Republican president to leave office with a balanced budget. Of course, his taxes were more than 90% on the wealthiest Americans."

The "operative number being 1950".

Which is why I asked the question, "When was Eisenhower in office?"

Which, by the way is, "January 20, 1953 to January 20, 1961"

Look at that "economic growth" averaging 3.6%. During the time of the highest taxes. Oops.

Like I said, you might as well be listening to a dog bark for all the sense they make. Check this out. Tell me this makes less sense than Republicans talking economics.
]

You just quoted the wrong post. So, do you believe raising the highest tax rate to 90% would create economic growth?

I quoted your post. I even listed the number. #63

Bark
Bark
Bark
rooff
rooff
growl
whine
burp
yawn

See? The same amount of sense.

You know you are the only one making dog noises trying to prove a point. Keep doing it though, it isn't childish at all.

So you believe all economic growth is a result of government spending? Do you understand where the government derives its revenues from?

Hard to tell :lol:

What? I never said that. Didn't say anything close to it. Why are you making up stuff and then arguing with yourself?

Do you understand that we can borrow from outside the country and inject funds into our economy at very low interest rates?

Really, nothing close to it? I stated the economic facts under Reagan, to which you responded that it wasn't his policies, but the deficit that was responsible for that economic growth. Not close :eusa_eh:

Reagan's policies tripled the national debt. I said that helped the economy. I also said it doesn't prove trickle down.

YOU said that I said "all economic growth is a result of government spending" which CLEARLY I never said.

But I don't think you care.

Simple. Those people make about 6% of all income. And they pay payroll taxes at a higher percentage than a millionaire.

do you believe raising the highest tax rate to 90% would create economic growth?
Absolutely. Raise taxes to that level for businesses and the business will be forced to either invest in their company by hiring or raising wages or buying materials, or lose that money to the government who will then use it on wages and hiring.

Hey, worked in the 50s.

Judging from the posts on this thread what Obama needs to achieve economic stability and growth is increase the highest tax rate to 90% and increase the national deficit by as much as humanly possible. Am I correct?

You just quoted the wrong post. So, do you believe raising the highest tax rate to 90% would create economic growth?

Bark
Bark
Bark
rooff
rooff
growl
whine
burp
yawn

You know you are the only one making dog noises trying to prove a point. Keep doing it though, it isn't childish at all.

Trying to prove a point? The only thing you pointed out where you thought I was wrong was when you insisted I said you brought up Eisenhower. I never did. You were wrong.

When I said politicians were "bought". Again, I was right.

Right wingers want to insist just as many Democrats are "bought". Only, look at who companies give to and who they don't give to.

Remember, "Corporations are people".

What? I never said that. Didn't say anything close to it. Why are you making up stuff and then arguing with yourself?

Do you understand that we can borrow from outside the country and inject funds into our economy at very low interest rates?

Really, nothing close to it? I stated the economic facts under Reagan, to which you responded that it wasn't his policies, but the deficit that was responsible for that economic growth. Not close :eusa_eh:

Reagan's policies tripled the national debt. I said that helped the economy. I also said it doesn't prove trickle down.

YOU said that I said "all economic growth is a result of government spending" which CLEARLY I never said.

But I don't think you care.

Simple. Those people make about 6% of all income. And they pay payroll taxes at a higher percentage than a millionaire.

do you believe raising the highest tax rate to 90% would create economic growth?
Absolutely. Raise taxes to that level for businesses and the business will be forced to either invest in their company by hiring or raising wages or buying materials, or lose that money to the government who will then use it on wages and hiring.

Hey, worked in the 50s.

You encapsulate all the reasons Obama is doing so poorly in the polls and why he faces a landslide in 2012.

Bark
Bark
Bark
rooff
rooff
growl
whine
burp
yawn

Trying to prove a point? The only thing you pointed out where you thought I was wrong was when you insisted I said you brought up Eisenhower. I never did. You were wrong.

Right wingers want to insist just as many Democrats are "bought". Only, look at who companies give to and who they don't give to.

Stick to posting dog videos, they make more sense.

Judging from the posts on this thread what Obama needs to achieve economic stability and growth is increase the highest tax rate to 90% and increase the national deficit by as much as humanly possible. Am I correct?

Why are you guys incapable of thinking of these issues in shades of grey?

Wait a minute platehead. You make two false assumptions and then you build a case on them. Communism wasn't built on optimism. It was built at the point of a gun by fanatic criminals. That takes care of your point #2 that trickle down economics is "similar" to communism because it is based on optimism. If any failed economic plan was based on "optimism" it was the hope/change scam of the Obama administration. How did that work out?

OK whitewash...

No, I did not make a false assumption about Communism. Communism was not founded by the point of a gun.... that may be the end result, but you are wrong about the inception.

as for the rest, typical wingnut tripe. address the topic and quit masturbating.

Masturbating, humm, advice from someone who needs to post a picture of his big handgun on a political forum? Play games with samantics if you want to risk the future of America platehead but communism is always , I say again, always instituted at the point of a gun. Comparing trickle down economics to communism just because both seem "optimistic" to the ignorant biased leftie biased mind is a cheap political trick.

hey... The pic of the handgun was at the request of another poster who wanted to see it... A Conservative, no less.

You are so full of shit. Communism(far left) and Fascism(far right) are almost ALWAYS instituted with the support of the people.

Man, you're kind of a dick, aren't ya? "risk the future of America"? "Ignorant biased leftie biased mind"?

Of course, in your mind... anything that a "leftie" says is a lie and anything that a "rightie" says is Gospel. Just shows who is really biased.

Tell me something slick...if you're so worried about the "future of America" why are so insistent upon destroying labor in America? You aren't? Oh yes you are... abolish the minimum wage, where a hell of a lot of people are trying to survive on $14k(single income)-$28k (both parents working)... you are also in favor of forcing those people into paying their "fair share" of Federal income taxes, even though they pay every other tax imaginable. You hate public sector workers, you hate Unionized employees, you hate anything that isn't feeding the pig of your beloved aristocracy so they can keep on NOT trickling down.

Only as correct as a dog barking.

That's the problem with right wingers. Everything is either/or in their limited minds. Either tax rates should be 10% or 90%. Nothing in between. The country either does fantastic under their policies or fails terribly under Democratic policies. They have no "balance". Only extreme "fringe". Pity Obama for trying to reason with these people.

Reminds me of Republicans after the downgrade. We got 98% of what we wanted. Only that last 2% is apparently what caused the downgrade. Like I said, "Either/or". All or nothing.

Still can't say where I'm wrong? It's OK. Those on the right usually just call names.

Only as correct as a dog barking.

That's the problem with right wingers. Everything is either/or in their limited minds. Either tax rates should be 10% or 90%. Nothing in between. The country either does fantastic under their policies or fails terribly under Democratic policies. They have no "balance". Only extreme "fringe". Pity Obama for trying to reason with these people.

Reminds me of Republicans after the downgrade. We got 98% of what we wanted. Only that last 2% is apparently what caused the downgrade. Like I said, "Either/or". All or nothing.

Listen, I have posted countless times simply one sentence in an attempt to understand your position. The entire time you are writing bark and dog videos.

What, in this economic climate, is the proper tax rate?

Still can't say where I'm wrong? It's OK. Those on the right usually just call names.

What name did I call you?

OK whitewash...

No, I did not make a false assumption about Communism. Communism was not founded by the point of a gun.... that may be the end result, but you are wrong about the inception.

as for the rest, typical wingnut tripe. address the topic and quit masturbating.

Masturbating, humm, advice from someone who needs to post a picture of his big handgun on a political forum? Play games with samantics if you want to risk the future of America platehead but communism is always , I say again, always instituted at the point of a gun. Comparing trickle down economics to communism just because both seem "optimistic" to the ignorant biased leftie biased mind is a cheap political trick.

hey... The pic of the handgun was at the request of another poster who wanted to see it... A Conservative, no less.

You are so full of shit. Communism(far left) and Fascism(far right) are almost ALWAYS instituted with the support of the people.

Man, you're kind of a dick, aren't ya? "risk the future of America"? "Ignorant biased leftie biased mind"?

Of course, in your mind... anything that a "leftie" says is a lie and anything that a "rightie" says is Gospel. Just shows who is really biased.

Tell me something slick...if you're so worried about the "future of America" why are so insistent upon destroying labor in America? You aren't? Oh yes you are... abolish the minimum wage, where a hell of a lot of people are trying to survive on $14k(single income)-$28k (both parents working)... you are also in favor of forcing those people into paying their "fair share" of Federal income taxes, even though they pay every other tax imaginable. You hate public sector workers, you hate Unionized employees, you hate anything that isn't feeding the pig of your beloved aristocracy so they can keep on NOT trickling down.

Yes, the Unions are expanding job growth. The UAW is doing everything it can to prevent Toyota from expanding and opening new factories. The Unions hire people.

There... is that a better sigline?

I'm sorry, a single line question. I have asked questions. To which I have been treated with dog videos and childish insults.

Another typical right wing post... rant on and on, act like a jerk, insult other people, then complain when they counter attack.

Oh, I know I've ranted on and on, but please, pretty please show me the post where I made a insult nearly as childish and immature as the dog video guy.

Hell, on this thread show me the nastiest post I made.

Typical left wing post, make shit up.

I'm sorry, a single line question. I have asked questions. To which I have been treated with dog videos and childish insults.

Another typical right wing post... rant on and on, act like a jerk, insult other people, then complain when they counter attack.

Oh, I know I've ranted on and on, but please, pretty please show me the post where I made a insult nearly as childish and immature as the dog video guy.

Hell, on this thread show me the nastiest post I made.

Typical left wing post, make shit up.

Look for yourself... your very first post you messed with my nickname and ranted about why I even made up such a poll... yeah, you're squeaky clean... didn't see the dog video... I'll tell you what, i'll check it out and comment.

Forum List

Back