Has Trickle Down Economics Failed?

Has Trickle Down Failed

• Yes

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
Another typical right wing post... rant on and on, act like a jerk, insult other people, then complain when they counter attack.

Oh, I know I've ranted on and on, but please, pretty please show me the post where I made a insult nearly as childish and immature as the dog video guy.

Hell, on this thread show me the nastiest post I made.

Typical left wing post, make shit up.

Look for yourself... your very first post you messed with my nickname and ranted about why I even made up such a poll... yeah, you're squeaky clean... didn't see the dog video... I'll tell you what, i'll check it out and comment.

I invite everyone to see for themselves. You are making shit up.

Masturbating, humm, advice from someone who needs to post a picture of his big handgun on a political forum? Play games with samantics if you want to risk the future of America platehead but communism is always , I say again, always instituted at the point of a gun. Comparing trickle down economics to communism just because both seem "optimistic" to the ignorant biased leftie biased mind is a cheap political trick.

hey... The pic of the handgun was at the request of another poster who wanted to see it... A Conservative, no less.

You are so full of shit. Communism(far left) and Fascism(far right) are almost ALWAYS instituted with the support of the people.

Man, you're kind of a dick, aren't ya? "risk the future of America"? "Ignorant biased leftie biased mind"?

Of course, in your mind... anything that a "leftie" says is a lie and anything that a "rightie" says is Gospel. Just shows who is really biased.

Tell me something slick...if you're so worried about the "future of America" why are so insistent upon destroying labor in America? You aren't? Oh yes you are... abolish the minimum wage, where a hell of a lot of people are trying to survive on $14k(single income)-$28k (both parents working)... you are also in favor of forcing those people into paying their "fair share" of Federal income taxes, even though they pay every other tax imaginable. You hate public sector workers, you hate Unionized employees, you hate anything that isn't feeding the pig of your beloved aristocracy so they can keep on NOT trickling down.

Yes, the Unions are expanding job growth. The UAW is doing everything it can to prevent Toyota from expanding and opening new factories. The Unions hire people.

Wow... I posted a whole large paragraph and this is what you come up with? The UAW? I did a quick google search and the only thing I see about the UAW and Toyota is that the Union wants to try to get into those non unionized plants... which is done by a VOTE OF THE EMPLOYEES. So, slick50, what's the problem with workers choosing whether they want union representation? You got something against Freedom? Oh... it's only the Freedom of the Corporations that you are concerned about.. i forgot.

"Trickle down" was simply a cleverly deceptive verbal subterfuge intended to divert attention from the real objective of Reaganomics, which is to siphon up the wealth held by middle (working) class Americans into the hands of an emerging neo-aristocracy known colloquially today as the super rich -- the new breed of Robber Barons. It was very basic political slight-of-hand effected by one of the most lubriciously phony sonsabitches to ever inhabit the Oval Office. Ronald Reagan, the puppet from General Electric.
Thank you...Trickle Down - Gush up!!

No... at the time, I believed in it. I voted for Reagan in his second term(my first election as an adult), and in the very beginning... when everyone was playing along... it did work.
You've got an overactive-imagination (more-commonly-referred-to as a Teabagger History Major. )

handjob.gif

Now wait a second shaman... In the beginning... there was the word... no, just kidding.

When Reagan was in power... he got just about everyone to buy into Supply Side. Even big business. We had growth and a modicum of prosperity. Of course, the end of the oil embargo helped too.. but that's another discussion. It was a decent idea... just too naive to work long term.. especially if there are no protections to make sure that the big boys actually "trickle down".

The thing is, over the years, Reagan's version of Supply Side has gotten distorted and bastardized into a money grab at the top and very little trickling down. Instead of the top trickling down, they are downsizing and making the people left working to pick up the slack, or they outsource for dirt cheap labor. They also lobby FOR regulations that end up hurting weaker competition and helping their profit margins. They spread like a virus, ever expanding their empires to make them virtually unfazed by competition and because of their diversity, can undercut or buyout anyone who dares challenge them.

US labor has been marginalized and turned into virtual peons, when at one time they were a valuable resource.

No... I am certainly not of the Tea Party philosophy. I am pro-labor, pro-American. The funny thing is that those two "pros" are now exclusive of one another, according to some on the right. If you're pro-labor, you're now branded as anti-American.

The bottom line is that when labor(which comprises the vast majority of our population) is not taken care of...then the whole Capitalist system slowly crumbles in on itself. Capitalism is Consumerism. Consumerism needs money to consume. The worst thing one can do is cut off the hands of those that feed you. Yes... those at the top are wealthy and powerful, but their numbers are few. Those at the "labor" level... say, 80% of the population, don't have much power... but they are what drives the economy by purchasing those products and services. I can't understand how kneecapping labor is considered a sound business model.

I know, conservatives will point to Unions... but they are all but extinct these days... most unionization occurs in the Public Sector, not the private...so blaming them for all of this is at the very least, uninformed.

But if you want to tell me I am a "teabagger", so be it... but I think you know better.
Powerful!!

As you all know, I firmly believe it did. I liken it to another ideology based on optimism... Communism.

Trickle Down says "give the rich tax breaks and as they make more money, they will trickle it down to the working and Middle Class in the form of higher wages" basically making the idea of a Union to keep an employer honest as obsolete.

Communism says to share wealth equally with all members of society.

They are both flawed in the same way... they don't take into account one thing... Greed.

Communists don't take into the account the greed that people in power can have... therefore, Most Communist Countries tend to be Governmental Dictatorships that dupe the general Public into thinking they are getting their fair share, but those in power are almost always skimming for themselves and giving the general population less than their fair share.

Reaganomics does pretty much the same thing, except that it's not governmental greed that is the problem... it's Corporate, Trade and Banking Greed. Over the past 30 years(or post-Reagan), we've seen a downhill slide in the lives of the Average American. While we've seen Great money flowing into the upper echelon of our society... so in fact, they aren't trickling down like they did when Reagan first won the election on this simple, mostly sound idea.

What the hell is the point of this thread? Is there a president in office espousing the economic virtues of Reagan?

Are you so disillusioned at what your president has done that you really have to rehash this argument?

The question is has the economic policies of the 111th Congress and President Obama failed?

This has got to be the most pointless attempt to rationalize the failure of the Democrat Party and Obama I've seen thus far.

One man.... hell even one party is not responsible for all of this. I'm not rationalizing either the Dems or Obama. I am saying 30 years of Trickle down economics...a system that is firmly in place and has been since Reagan has outlived it's usefulness. This whole "privatization" ideology is just a re-hash of the same economic policies that have put us where we are. The policies that encourage Companies and Banking to go for the fast buck instead of steady growth....mostly at the expense of labor, who keeps both production going and buys most of the products and services that business provides. This started happening over a decade ago. People were struggling, sales of goods and services were down... so what did we do? Instead of realizing that the workforce is falling behind and need a boost, we simply lowered interest rates and made credit easier to get so that people can still keep buying and Banks get a huge windfall on the backs of people trying to make ends meet AND buy those "luxuries" that keep our economy rolling.

It was all a sham, and we fell for it hook line and sinker. Now look at us. Now that the easy credit has gone away, we aren't buying as much... unemployment is high(for us), Production is down. I am telling you as I sit here living and breathing... if you build it, they will come. That is, if you hire people at a decent wage....even at a short term loss... they will want to spend their earnings on stuff. Us Americans are hard wired to Capitalism and Consumerism. If they have money in their pockets it will do wonders for our economy.

The whole point is that labor and business aren't exclusive of one another...they are in a symbiotic relationship where one needs the other. That is, until business cheated and took their production abroad. Now we have Business with way too much power and influence, a government that is obligated to them for paying for their campaigns and a whole lot of people who bust their asses everyday just to put food on the table and keep a roof over their heads wondering where the American Dream went.
Preach!!! Again, Trickle Down = Gush Up!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

hey... The pic of the handgun was at the request of another poster who wanted to see it... A Conservative, no less.

You are so full of shit. Communism(far left) and Fascism(far right) are almost ALWAYS instituted with the support of the people.

Man, you're kind of a dick, aren't ya? "risk the future of America"? "Ignorant biased leftie biased mind"?

Of course, in your mind... anything that a "leftie" says is a lie and anything that a "rightie" says is Gospel. Just shows who is really biased.

Tell me something slick...if you're so worried about the "future of America" why are so insistent upon destroying labor in America? You aren't? Oh yes you are... abolish the minimum wage, where a hell of a lot of people are trying to survive on $14k(single income)-$28k (both parents working)... you are also in favor of forcing those people into paying their "fair share" of Federal income taxes, even though they pay every other tax imaginable. You hate public sector workers, you hate Unionized employees, you hate anything that isn't feeding the pig of your beloved aristocracy so they can keep on NOT trickling down.

Yes, the Unions are expanding job growth. The UAW is doing everything it can to prevent Toyota from expanding and opening new factories. The Unions hire people.

Wow... I posted a whole large paragraph and this is what you come up with? The UAW? I did a quick google search and the only thing I see about the UAW and Toyota is that the Union wants to try to get into those non unionized plants... which is done by a VOTE OF THE EMPLOYEES. So, slick50, what's the problem with workers choosing whether they want union representation? You got something against Freedom? Oh... it's only the Freedom of the Corporations that you are concerned about.. i forgot.

Oh, I'm sorry you Googled something and couldn't find it. Must mean it isn't true.

Toyota to restart US auto plant, draws UAW ire - Yahoo! Finance

"Toyota's announcement that it will resume construction of a car factory in Mississippi was a much-needed piece of good news for both the state struggling with persistent employment and the automaker trying to recover some goodwill after a recall crisis bruised its reputation."

Oh, I know I've ranted on and on, but please, pretty please show me the post where I made a insult nearly as childish and immature as the dog video guy.

Hell, on this thread show me the nastiest post I made.

Typical left wing post, make shit up.

Look for yourself... your very first post you messed with my nickname and ranted about why I even made up such a poll... yeah, you're squeaky clean... didn't see the dog video... I'll tell you what, i'll check it out and comment.

I invite everyone to see for themselves. You are making shit up.

hey... here's an idea... Why don't you use a bigger font? Well, it turns out I was mistaken, it was another poster on another thread that I posted in that called me steelplateinhead, or something stupid... but I was half right... you did do the "why did you make this thread" thing... as if only Obama and the other people you hate are the only people that are fair game for debate or discussion.

Oh, I'm sorry you Googled something and couldn't find it. Must mean it isn't true.

"Toyota's announcement that it will resume construction of a car factory in Mississippi was a much-needed piece of good news for both the state struggling with persistent employment and the automaker trying to recover some goodwill after a recall crisis bruised its reputation."

Once again... what's wrong with Employees deciding whether they want Union Representation or not?

Once again... what's wrong with Employees deciding whether they want Union Representation or not?

Your kind of fanaticism results in the types of actions we are seeing the the union strikes against Verizon.

Lambertville vandalism turns life-threatening

"John King was shot in the arm last week when he surprised a man trying to slash the tires on the truck at his Lambertville home.The word "scab" was also scrawled on the side."

I'm sure this guy is a hero to you.

What's the point of a union if there aren't any damn jobs?

Oh... hyperbole? Can't answer the question, so you show something irrelevant.

Hey, I can do that too...
Scripts_by_Freddie.html

It's shit like this that made unions happen... let's not forget....Homestead Strike - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, you guys say that Unions are no longer necessary because of regulations... what is the recurring theme of Conservatives? Too much regulation...

Sorry dude, I ain't buying what you're selling.

that's not answering the question... but I'll ask you the same basic question... what's the point of a consumer driven society when we keep lowering the standard of living for MOST of our population for the profits and wealth of the few?

How we have changed...
We now cheer foreign companies in America as a sign things are better.

How we have changed...

seriously...

that's not answering the question... but I'll ask you the same basic question... what's the point of a consumer driven society when we keep lowering the standard of living for MOST of our population for the profits and wealth of the few?

I understand the premise of what you are saying, but who is lowering the standard of living? What you seem to be advocating is the forceful taking and redistributing of corporate wealth.

Wages aren't increasing and the purchasing power of the dollar is decreasing. We both agree, I would hope, that economic growth is something everyone desperately needs.

How we have changed...

Not only do we do that, but we denigrate a Domestic company because they fell on hard times and got assistance from the government to get them back on their feet....Which coincidentally, was not primarily due to unions and competition, but mostly due to the fact that their Financial department(GMAC) was involved in the same reckless behavior that brought down most of the rest of the financial sector. In fact, it was GMAC that got the $6 billion bailout.

But Rush doesn't tell that side of the story.

"Trickle down" was simply a cleverly deceptive verbal subterfuge intended to divert attention from the real objective of Reaganomics, which is to siphon up the wealth held by middle (working) class Americans into the hands of an emerging neo-aristocracy known colloquially today as the super rich -- the new breed of Robber Barons. It was very basic political slight-of-hand effected by one of the most lubriciously phony sonsabitches to ever inhabit the Oval Office. Ronald Reagan, the puppet from General Electric.
Thank you...Trickle Down - Gush up!!

Now wait a second shaman... In the beginning... there was the word... no, just kidding.

When Reagan was in power... he got just about everyone to buy into Supply Side. Even big business. We had growth and a modicum of prosperity. Of course, the end of the oil embargo helped too.. but that's another discussion. It was a decent idea... just too naive to work long term.. especially if there are no protections to make sure that the big boys actually "trickle down".

The thing is, over the years, Reagan's version of Supply Side has gotten distorted and bastardized into a money grab at the top and very little trickling down. Instead of the top trickling down, they are downsizing and making the people left working to pick up the slack, or they outsource for dirt cheap labor. They also lobby FOR regulations that end up hurting weaker competition and helping their profit margins. They spread like a virus, ever expanding their empires to make them virtually unfazed by competition and because of their diversity, can undercut or buyout anyone who dares challenge them.

US labor has been marginalized and turned into virtual peons, when at one time they were a valuable resource.

No... I am certainly not of the Tea Party philosophy. I am pro-labor, pro-American. The funny thing is that those two "pros" are now exclusive of one another, according to some on the right. If you're pro-labor, you're now branded as anti-American.

The bottom line is that when labor(which comprises the vast majority of our population) is not taken care of...then the whole Capitalist system slowly crumbles in on itself. Capitalism is Consumerism. Consumerism needs money to consume. The worst thing one can do is cut off the hands of those that feed you. Yes... those at the top are wealthy and powerful, but their numbers are few. Those at the "labor" level... say, 80% of the population, don't have much power... but they are what drives the economy by purchasing those products and services. I can't understand how kneecapping labor is considered a sound business model.

I know, conservatives will point to Unions... but they are all but extinct these days... most unionization occurs in the Public Sector, not the private...so blaming them for all of this is at the very least, uninformed.

But if you want to tell me I am a "teabagger", so be it... but I think you know better.
Powerful!!

What the hell is the point of this thread? Is there a president in office espousing the economic virtues of Reagan?

Are you so disillusioned at what your president has done that you really have to rehash this argument?

The question is has the economic policies of the 111th Congress and President Obama failed?

This has got to be the most pointless attempt to rationalize the failure of the Democrat Party and Obama I've seen thus far.

One man.... hell even one party is not responsible for all of this. I'm not rationalizing either the Dems or Obama. I am saying 30 years of Trickle down economics...a system that is firmly in place and has been since Reagan has outlived it's usefulness. This whole "privatization" ideology is just a re-hash of the same economic policies that have put us where we are. The policies that encourage Companies and Banking to go for the fast buck instead of steady growth....mostly at the expense of labor, who keeps both production going and buys most of the products and services that business provides. This started happening over a decade ago. People were struggling, sales of goods and services were down... so what did we do? Instead of realizing that the workforce is falling behind and need a boost, we simply lowered interest rates and made credit easier to get so that people can still keep buying and Banks get a huge windfall on the backs of people trying to make ends meet AND buy those "luxuries" that keep our economy rolling.

It was all a sham, and we fell for it hook line and sinker. Now look at us. Now that the easy credit has gone away, we aren't buying as much... unemployment is high(for us), Production is down. I am telling you as I sit here living and breathing... if you build it, they will come. That is, if you hire people at a decent wage....even at a short term loss... they will want to spend their earnings on stuff. Us Americans are hard wired to Capitalism and Consumerism. If they have money in their pockets it will do wonders for our economy.

The whole point is that labor and business aren't exclusive of one another...they are in a symbiotic relationship where one needs the other. That is, until business cheated and took their production abroad. Now we have Business with way too much power and influence, a government that is obligated to them for paying for their campaigns and a whole lot of people who bust their asses everyday just to put food on the table and keep a roof over their heads wondering where the American Dream went.
Preach!!! Again, Trickle Down = Gush Up!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hilarious. Eyes watering.

How we have changed...

Honestly I hope they stay. Southerners aren't the most educated or brightest. They need all the help they can get. Blue states are "maxed out".

How we have changed...

Not only do we do that, but we denigrate a Domestic company because they fell on hard times and got assistance from the government to get them back on their feet....Which coincidentally, was not primarily due to unions and competition, but mostly due to the fact that their Financial department(GMAC) was involved in the same reckless behavior that brought down most of the rest of the financial sector. In fact, it was GMAC that got the $6 billion bailout.

But Rush doesn't tell that side of the story.

Of course not GMAC is not unionized so it is a holy company.

I understand the premise of what you are saying, but who is lowering the standard of living? What you seem to be advocating is the forceful taking and redistributing of corporate wealth.

Wages aren't increasing and the purchasing power of the dollar is decreasing. We both agree, I would hope, that economic growth is something everyone desperately needs.

yes, that is what we both agree on. The difference is that I don't think you think that massive profits by huge corporation and massive profits by the banking sector is at the expense of the working and middle class. Because every time I mention this fact, what I hear from most Conservatives is that "it's their money, they can do what they want with it". Which Technically, is true... but practically speaking, if it's detrimental to our country and for the vast majority of it's people, it needs to change. Now.. before you start... No one is calling for their heads, no one is into forcing them into poverty, or even not allowing them to remain very, very rich. But it's gotten almost to the same point(ratio-wise) as it was back in the robber baron days in the turn of the 20th century, when Industry and Banking ruled with an Iron fist and workers struggled to feed their families... much like today. We need a Teddy Roosevelt to come in and kick their asses.

Unfortunately... thus far, Obama is more like Teddy Ruxpin than Teddy Roosevelt. That is my biggest beef with Obama... that and he only went half way with Health Care...which is something else you and I are probably polar opposites on.

Anyway... gotta go to bed... 4AM comes early... back to work tomorrow.

yes, that is what we both agree on. The difference is that I don't think you think that massive profits by huge corporation and massive profits by the banking sector is at the expense of the working and middle class. Because every time I mention this fact, what I hear from most Conservatives is that "it's their money, they can do what they want with it". Which Technically, is true... but practically speaking, if it's detrimental to our country and for the vast majority of it's people, it needs to change. Now.. before you start... No one is calling for their heads, no one is into forcing them into poverty, or even not allowing them to remain very, very rich. But it's gotten almost to the same point(ratio-wise) as it was back in the robber baron days in the turn of the 20th century, when Industry and Banking ruled with an Iron fist and workers struggled to feed their families... much like today. We need a Teddy Roosevelt to come in and kick their asses.

Unfortunately... thus far, Obama is more like Teddy Ruxpin than Teddy Roosevelt. That is my biggest beef with Obama... that and he only went half way with Health Care...which is something else you and I are probably polar opposites on.

Good night SP.

In reference to the banks, if they are charging me too much money and taking my money then I am going to go find another bank that charges less. If I think they are ripping me off, then I am not going to do business with them. Enough of us do that and they will get the idea.

Once I have agreed to their services on their fee schedule, then it becomes their money when it is due.

Immie

Good night SP.

In reference to the banks, if they are charging me too much money and taking my money then I am going to go find another bank that charges less. If I think they are ripping me off, then I am not going to do business with them. Enough of us do that and they will get the idea.

Once I have agreed to their services on their fee schedule, then it becomes their money when it is due.

Immie

Ok... last post for the night... dammit, I always do this... Take a look around... I think most banks are pretty much in cahoots, you may see slight fluctuations, but they are essentially a force of one. Besides... I am not talking about loan rates or paying for your checks here... I am talking about bigger fish that people like you and I have next to no say in. The world of investment banking, derivatives and the like.

Forum List

Back