CDZ Has the #METOO movement created the third great divide in America?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
It is undeniable that we have wide divisions in America along Racial and economic lines. White Privilege and income inequality are the rallying cries that push these divisions ever wider. Are we now adding the third great divide between men and women with the surge of the #METOO movement? Has this new wave of accusations created a future of distrust between men and women or is it all for the good? My fear is that for every legitimate case of sexual abuse, there will be an opportunistic woman using this newfound tool to advance herself at the expense of a man who is innocent, or at least not guilty of anything more than a passing comment or a pat on the butt.

The reaction against women also harassing men and molesting school boys will also cause knock on problems.

It is undeniable that we have wide divisions in America along Racial and economic lines. White Privilege and income inequality are the rallying cries that push these divisions ever wider. Are we now adding the third great divide between men and women with the surge of the #METOO movement? Has this new wave of accusations created a future of distrust between men and women or is it all for the good? My fear is that for every legitimate case of sexual abuse, there will be an opportunistic woman using this newfound tool to advance herself at the expense of a man who is innocent, or at least not guilty of anything more than a passing comment or a pat on the butt.
the dems have proven beyond all doubt that hate and division is the corner stones of their party.

they want absolute government control of our lives, and it will be for our own good.

Kind of disturbing that you consider some guy assaulting my daughters or wife is trivial. Perhaps you just don't have a handle or grasp of what sexual assault is or includes. Is grabbing a females ass exempt from normal and regular assault definition and charges? You can not lay hands on another person unless it is a women's ass?

Kind of disturbing that you consider some guy assaulting my daughters or wife is trivial. Perhaps you just don't have a handle or grasp of what sexual assault is or includes. Is grabbing a females ass exempt from normal and regular assault definition and charges? You can not lay hands on another person unless it is a women's ass?
hollywod starlets willing to fuck for fame and fortune has been common knowledge since hollywood began.

but now it's an issue

why?

hollywod starlets willing to fuck for fame and fortune has been common knowledge since hollywood began.

but now it's an issue

why?
You are back peddling. Now you are claiming to have been talking only about Hollywood stars and executives. You trivialized sexual assault and now are trying to weasel out of it. How Trump-like.

If you read what I wrote I very clearly stated the existence of legitimate sexual abuse. The question points to the incredibly broad interpretation of what sexual misconduct is and the possibility of using it as a tool for personal advancement.

If you read what I wrote I very clearly stated the existence of legitimate sexual abuse. The question points to the incredibly broad interpretation of what sexual misconduct is and the possibility of using it as a tool for personal advancement.
Your thread, so you can go ahead and define your terms and rules but you don't get to redefine the definition of assault. You can not insist on a clean debate by starting out by insisting on redefining a word. What you are trivializing is a legally defined sexual assault. Without admitting this your thread is just bullcrap.

but now it's an issue

why?
You are back peddling. Now you are claiming to have been talking only about Hollywood stars and executives. You trivialized sexual assault and now are trying to weasel out of it. How Trump-like.
I'm doing no such thing and you know it.

why do you lie and pretend this is about everyday people?

this is about hollywood whores that got famous by fucking their way to the top and are now bitching about it.

any tiny infraction is career ending headline news.

but now it's an issue

why?

this is about hollywood whores that got famous by fucking their way to the top and are now bitching about it.

No matter who you are talking about you, are trivializing a sexual assault.

but now it's an issue

why?

No matter who you are talking about you, are trivializing a sexual assault.
no, you are turning consensual sex into a crime.

Your thread, so you can go ahead and define your terms and rules but you don't get to redefine the definition of assault. You can not insist on a clean debate by starting out by insisting on redefining a word. What you are trivializing is a legally defined sexual assault. Without admitting this your thread is just bullcrap.

I have not redefined anything as you full well know. You are diverting the topic away from the key points of the debate by emotionalizing it.

The thread is about the possibility that the #METOO movement has the potential for creating a new divide in this country based on distrust between men and women.

It is also about the ENORMOUSLY BROAD interpretation of what sexual misconduct is. You keep pushing the topic toward trivializing rape instead of aknowledging this law allows the woman to define misconduct. And apparently that even includes inappropriate comments.

Yes it's true some women have & will use the ME TWO for 15 min of fame or to discredit a political opponent, yet overall its a good thing for women to stop putting up with sexual misconduct just because it's been going on forever.

When you have a deep cut form a rusty can the wound must first be opened up and cleaned thoroughly and sterilized, then stitched back together.

And blood will be lost. But the outcome is a wound that heals properly and then is forgotten.

The "Me, Too" movement is not creating a divide in the U.S. that wasn't already there in the first place. Given all of the stories about things that happened years ago, it is plain that people who were victimized in the past did not feel that there were appropriate avenues for reporting these incidents, and that they would be laughed at, or, worse, blamed for what happened if they reported it to anyone but their friends, while the perp walked away laughing, just to do it again.

The "Me, Too" movement is a popular in Europe and some other parts of the world like India, as well as here in the U.S. The name for it in France translates into "rat out your pig." There's a lot going on in the UK Parliament and the UK entertainment industry, in the European Parliament, and in Germany and Italy, too.

We already have the social rules in place, and have had them for centuries. One does not touch another person uninvited, except for a handshake. We all should know that from kindergarten. If someone catches your eye, ask them out for coffee. See what happens. It also clears the air to discuss abuse-of-power issues in this context. Both women and men have complained that persons with power over them have misused that power. The "Me, Too" movements are just doing a long-awaited house-cleaning.

And it doesn't hurt to encourage everyone to respect each other as one human being to another.

Remember that while the actions of many heterosexual men and homosexual men have been brought into question, so many millions more men have not been reported as having done anything wrong.

The "Me, Too" movement is not creating a divide in the U.S. that wasn't already there in the first place. Given all of the stories about things that happened years ago, it is plain that people who were victimized in the past did not feel that there were appropriate avenues for reporting these incidents, and that they would be laughed at, or, worse, blamed for what happened if they reported it to anyone but their friends, while the perp walked away laughing, just to do it again.

The "Me, Too" movement is a popular in Europe and some other parts of the world like India, as well as here in the U.S. The name for it in France translates into "rat out your pig." There's a lot going on in the UK Parliament and the UK entertainment industry, in the European Parliament, and in Germany and Italy, too.

We already have the social rules in place, and have had them for centuries. One does not touch another person uninvited, except for a handshake. We all should know that from kindergarten. If someone catches your eye, ask them out for coffee. See what happens. It also clears the air to discuss abuse-of-power issues in this context. Both women and men have complained that persons with power over them have misused that power. The "Me, Too" movements are just doing a long-awaited house-cleaning.

And it doesn't hurt to encourage everyone to respect each other as one human being to another.

Remember that while the actions of many heterosexual men and homosexual men have been brought into question, so many millions more men have not been reported as having done anything wrong.
I believe you are only looking at the woman's side of the issue. The purpose of this thread is to explore the POSSIBLE unintended consequences of METOO. The first being that it could potentially create an "us vs them" atmosphere where men and women can no longer have informal fun together for fear of legal repercussions The second is the law being misused by opportunistic women. Do any of us want our sons to lose their job because some woman decided his comment about her blouse was "inappropriate"? That is how broad and vague the law has become.

Has the #METOO movement created the third great divide in America?

No. The happenstance of women being sexually abused and/or harassed by men long predates the #METOO movement. If anything, women and our society arriving at a place whereby women who are abused/harassed will have their attestations to that effect taken seriously and there being toward abusers/harassers of women increased levels of disdain among men and women in our culture is long overdue. Surely, neither you nor anyone else thinks women cottoned to being harassed, abused or otherwise seen and treated as objects?

Women in Hollywood have long, LONG, sent pictures of themselves, legitimate photographs, to producers and directors with PRR or DRR written across the bottom. This means "producer's rights respected" and "director's rights respected". This is the invitation that they are willing to trade sex for an employment opportunity.

Forum List

Back