Has the Failure of the Obama Administration ruined the Chances for Black Candidates

Has the Failure of the Obama Administration ruined the Chances for Black Candidates in the Future?

A great deal was riding o Barack Obama. Probably more so than on any other president. He was considered the first black president of the US and could make it or break it for countless others in the future.

Could future Black candidates win an election without a sizable number of white, and "other" ethnic voters? That is why, I believe Obama had to be a success. He had to transcend race divisions and class divisions, basically those of poor and middle class.

In both of those areas he was a miserable failure. Time and time again, he leaned toward the so called plight of the African American by creating the Office of African American Education to meet the educational needs those children as though were the only students needing help. All children coming from disadvantaged homes could use the extra help and it is already be addressed through Title programs. So why were the African American students selected again for additional money and help AGAIN?

And of course the Professor Gates, the African American professor who created a stir to involve the president in a mistaken break-in reported by a neighbor when the professor refused to show his id while breaking into his own house. The president, who should not have been involved at all, chastised the police officer after the professor, yelled and carried on, spouting out "YO Momma.. and such to the white police officer when the officer followed protocol and asked for his ID.

Class warfare reach its heights when Obama called for more taxes, food stamps, free cell phones reached the highest percentage of the population the country could have ever dreamed. Obamacare was the first time citizens were forced to buy insurance against their will and more people in the country were on welfare than were paying taxes.

All administrations have their scandals but the Obama administration seemed to have more than their share. The IRS targeting Conservative Groups; Benghazi; Fast and Furious; Solyndra and other "Green Companies, selected by the administration for financial aid; administrative Czars that had Communist backgrounds; and Obama's own background questionable without records, mentors that were controversial and a political background that amounted to a very short stint as senator without any recognizable legislation.

We have far fewer allies than we did in 2007. The Middle East is a powder keg and we have supported the wrong regimes more than once. Even Britain does not return our phone calls.

All in all. Did this election of a weak leader cause the electorate to second guess a black man for POTUS in the future?

I personally hope not. One of the most important characteristics of a leader was overlooked when selecting this man. His integrity. His records were not available, we knew about his mentors, but did not take heed and we knew he had no knowledge of history or foreign affairs.

The only background he had was in the ghetto as a community organizer.

We got what we deserve. As American voters, we have a duty to pay attention to who we vote for. Pay attention and get involved. We have to stop paying attention to party and pay attention to the person. Let's stop making mistakes. We can blame Congress and the president, but we are the voters that put them there.

I agree with you as I supported Herman Cain and now Ben Carson , Allen West, J.C. Watts..all "principled" black men!
I never disliked Obama because he was half black but because he was half-baked!
I mean NO person should ever be elected president that says:
I prefer 1,300 businesses go bankrupt that pay $100 billion a year in taxes and employ 400,000 people! Obama said as much!
Obama said he preferred higher gas prices! You crazy? What president would want people to spend more on gas?
Obama said utility rates would skyrocket under him? Isn't that stupid first of all to say, but he meant it?

Finally NO president ever be they black or white would EVER EVER encourage our country's enemies by telling them.."
Yup you guys , you terrorists you are absolutely justified in what you do because the US military methodically and systematically every day air raid villages and killing civilians"!
Obama no matter the context said that and if he at the minimum wasn't smart enough to know words have consequences, he
should never have been elected!

I never considered the color of the skin but the principles of the person!

When asked if Bush ruined for white guys they treated that as a weird question...ironic aint it

Let me gues,
You are White?
Middle Aged?
If not middle aged live in a "Conservative household?"
Don't see skin color, even though this thread is based on skin color?
Ask if all future Black people should be judged by this one?
Have NEVER asked the same question about Whites?

Which ones are incorrect?

Let me guess:

You're a race baiting liberal moron.

Yes, do guess; I wouldn't expect you to be capable of reasoning.

Then by extension of your "logic," you aren't capable of reasoning.

Did the failure of the Bush Presidency ruin it for white candidates?

Bush didn't act primarily on behalf of the white population. He led the country with all people in mind, not just a few.

Ha! Good one. What a pile of manure.
Here's who Bush represented:

1. KBR (formerly Kellogg Brown and Root)
2. DynCorp International (Veritas Capital)
3. Washington Group International
4. IAP Worldwide Services (Cerberus Capital Management)
5. Environmental Chemical Corporation
6. L-3 Communications Holdings
7. Fluor Corporation
8. Perini Corporation
9. Orascom Construction Industries
10. Parsons Corporation
11. First Kuwaiti General Trading and Contracting
12. Blackwater USA
13. Tetra Tech
14. AMEC
15. Laguna Pueblo (Laguna Construction)
16. AECOM Technology
17. Toltest
18. Lockheed Martin
19. Weston Solutions
20. Red Star Enterprises
21. U.S.-Afghanistan Reconstruction Council
22. Triple Canopy
23. Shaw Group
24. General Dynamics
25. Innovative Technical Solutions
26. USA Environmental
27. Ellis Environmental Group
28. Petrol Ofisi
29. EOD Technology
30. I and S Acquisition Corporation
31. Refinery Associates of Texas
32. Mac International FZE
33. CH2M HILL Companies
34. Zafer Insaat (Zafer Construction Company)
35. Cape Environmental Management
36. Odebrecht-Austin Joint Venture
37. Aegis Defence Services
38. CACI International
39. Verizon Communications
40. Framaco International
41. Ronco Consulting
42. Emta Insaat
43. Technologists, Inc.
44. URS Corporation
45. Tyco International
46. Turcas Petrol
47. Prime Projects International General Trading
48. Rizzani de Eccher
49. Trigeant, Ltd.
50. Boeing Company
51. Harris Corporation
52. Zapata Engineering
53. Berger Group Holdings
54. Camp Dresser & McKee
55. Erinys International
56. Versar, Inc.
57. Biltek
58. Sperian Protection
59. United Infrastructure Projects
60. RSEA Engineering
61. URS Group-Louis Berger Group Joint Venture
62. Raytheon Company
63. SPARK Petrol
64. ITT Corporation
65. Yuksel Insaat
66. Northrop Grumman
67. Zenith Enterprises
68. Amjad Dar Essalam Contracting
69. Compass Group
70. Alfa Consult
71. Environmental Quality Management
72. Al Hamra Kuwait Company
73. Dogus Insaat (Dogus Construction Company)
74. Delta Petrol Urunleri (Delta Petroleum Products)
75. Kropp Holdings
76. SM Consulting
77. SHV Holdings
78. Metag Insaat (Metag Construction Trade Co.)
79. Al-Khaffaf Group
80. Stanley Baker Hill
81. Telford Aviation
82. SEI Group
83. CDM/CAPE Joint Venture
84. Watkinson, L.L.C.
85. First Iraq Contracting
86. AllWorld Language Consultant
87. MWH Global
88. Oshkosh Truck
89. Al Wadan Company
90. Diplomat Freight Service
91. Concentric Project Controllers
92. Computer Sciences Corporation
93. Ho-Chunk, Inc.
94. Coastal International Security
95. Global Innovation Partners
96. Torres Advanced Enterprise Solutions
97. Detection Monitoring Technologies
98. Associates In Rural Development
99. ITAS Engineering
100. OBD Construction Company

Has the Failure of the Obama Administration ruined the Chances for Black Candidates in the Future?

A great deal was riding o Barack Obama. Probably more so than on any other president. He was considered the first black president of the US and could make it or break it for countless others in the future.

Could future Black candidates win an election without a sizable number of white, and "other" ethnic voters? That is why, I believe Obama had to be a success. He had to transcend race divisions and class divisions, basically those of poor and middle class.

In both of those areas he was a miserable failure. Time and time again, he leaned toward the so called plight of the African American by creating the Office of African American Education to meet the educational needs those children as though were the only students needing help. All children coming from disadvantaged homes could use the extra help and it is already be addressed through Title programs. So why were the African American students selected again for additional money and help AGAIN?

And of course the Professor Gates, the African American professor who created a stir to involve the president in a mistaken break-in reported by a neighbor when the professor refused to show his id while breaking into his own house. The president, who should not have been involved at all, chastised the police officer after the professor, yelled and carried on, spouting out "YO Momma.. and such to the white police officer when the officer followed protocol and asked for his ID.

Class warfare reach its heights when Obama called for more taxes, food stamps, free cell phones reached the highest percentage of the population the country could have ever dreamed. Obamacare was the first time citizens were forced to buy insurance against their will and more people in the country were on welfare than were paying taxes.

All administrations have their scandals but the Obama administration seemed to have more than their share. The IRS targeting Conservative Groups; Benghazi; Fast and Furious; Solyndra and other "Green Companies, selected by the administration for financial aid; administrative Czars that had Communist backgrounds; and Obama's own background questionable without records, mentors that were controversial and a political background that amounted to a very short stint as senator without any recognizable legislation.

We have far fewer allies than we did in 2007. The Middle East is a powder keg and we have supported the wrong regimes more than once. Even Britain does not return our phone calls.

All in all. Did this election of a weak leader cause the electorate to second guess a black man for POTUS in the future?

I personally hope not. One of the most important characteristics of a leader was overlooked when selecting this man. His integrity. His records were not available, we knew about his mentors, but did not take heed and we knew he had no knowledge of history or foreign affairs.

We got what we deserve. As American voters, we have a duty to pay attention to who we vote for. Pay attention and get involved. We have to stop paying attention to party and pay attention to the person. Let's stop making mistakes. We can blame Congress and the president, but we are the voters that put them there.

I agree with you as I supported Herman Cain....

So his SimCity video game rip-off of an economic plan and his "U-becki-becki-becki-stan" curled your toes, hmmm?

When Obama won the Presidency, it was the dream of every WN that this would be the case.

Wishful thinking.

Obama's failings should and do bode badly for Democrats, liberals in particular.

Last edited:
Dude are you slow...Of course Carson is different that is why I am wondering why OBAMA would mess up anything for all black people UNLESS YOU THINK ALL BLACKS ARE THE SAME FUCKTARD

Just who is slow here? Did Obama intentionally mess up things for blacks? No, he may have unwittingly done it. Just as he unwittingly lost all of our allies, got us deeper into incredible debt, made a mockery of the constitution and the separation if powers.

Are all blacks the same? To even suggest the question makes me wonder about how bright you are.

Let me gues,
You are White?
Middle Aged?
If not middle aged live in a "Conservative household?"
Don't see skin color, even though this thread is based on skin color?
Ask if all future Black people should be judged by this one?
Have NEVER asked the same question about Whites?

Which ones are incorrect?

All of the above.

Yes because all black people are alike!

Remember the republicans dont see skin color derpy derp

Looks as if the far left forgets the race card they played for 6 years..

Is that the one where people say that black people only voted for Obama because he's black and whites voted for him due to white-guilt?

The Magic Negro Card has never failed.

But perhaps you're right. People voted for Obama because of his vast experience in government, plus he was a community organizer.......

..............:eusa_silenced:

No.

But next time people will be less likely to vote for a person because of their skin color or gender ( Hopefully ) and will be more concerned about their actual background, ideas, policies, and positions on issues.

Precisely! And that's what really matters here. Profundity arises out of an OP allegedly premised on a straw man. You seeing this Clayton Jones? Hello! Knock. Knock. Anybody home?

huh? what are you talking about?
knock knock is right

you see folks, you can't even discuss having another black President without the usual bs..
Bush, knock knock what ever that means, blah blah

People voted for Obama the in 2007 because they thought it was time for a black man to become POTUS and heal this nation from any racial divisions that still existed from the 60's. It was time for all of us to come together. We thought A GOOD MAN COULD DO THAT FOR US. BUT, IT WAS THE WRONG MAN.

He made the good speeches but they were mere words without meanings. He turned out to be a divisive agent between races and classes.

He, or another man of color could have been a legendary leader for its time if we were voting for the man we thought we were had. What a shame.

Hate to bust your bubble, but Obama is far from being a failure. The failure has been on the part of Republicans who have attempted to derail anything Obama has tried to do, along with bashing him incessantly. The problem is that all of this is backfiring, at least it will in the long run. Republicans have created such a divide, and Obama has not tried to stop it, because in the long run it plays into the hands of the Democrats. You wait and see what happens in 2016, then 2020 and beyond. Republicans gambled big time by trying to thwart Obama at every turn. Personally, I believe it is going to cost Republicans dearly in the long run, and Obama will come out smelling like a rose down the road.

There is no question that the Obama presidency has ruined the presidential chances of candidates like Herman Cain, Allen West and Ben Carson

Sad, just plain sad

Happily, the chances of such black luminaries as Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson (the extortion expert "reverends" and failed presidential wannabes) are still pretty good in the liberal media and the mind (?) of rightwinger.

Throw in Maxine Waters and Sheila Jackson Lee for good measure.

I don't know what Obama's presidency will mean in the future politically for people of similar skin pigmentation.

I do know we've had two lousy presidencies in a row.

I guess another fair question would be whether the previous office-holder ruined the chances for Texas governors.

Last edited:
There is no question that the Obama presidency has ruined the presidential chances of candidates like Herman Cain, Allen West and Ben Carson

Sad, just plain sad

Happily, the chances of such black luminaries as Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson (the extortion expert "reverends" and failed presidential wannabes) are still pretty good in the liberal media and the mind (?) of rightwinger.

Throw in Maxine Waters and Sheila Jackson Lee for good measure.

Those "luminaries" just enhance the poor quality of blacks in the political arena in the past decade.

I don't know what Obama's presidency will mean in the future politically for people of similar skin pigmentation.

I do know we've had two lousy presidencies in a row.

I guess another fair question would be whether the previous office-holder ruined the chances for Texas governors.

That's a fair post, except to say that perhaps GW Bush could be said to have been a lousy president, he didn't divide the country or make it weaker. So, for that reasoning, I could never put him in the same category as BHO.

You last statement is the most accurate and perceptive relating to the OP.

Forum List

Back