Has the Failure of the Obama Administration ruined the Chances for Black Candidates

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Has the Failure of the Obama Administration ruined the Chances for Black Candidates in the Future?

A great deal was riding o Barack Obama. Probably more so than on any other president. He was considered the first black president of the US and could make it or break it for countless others in the future.

Could future Black candidates win an election without a sizable number of white, and "other" ethnic voters? That is why, I believe Obama had to be a success. He had to transcend race divisions and class divisions, basically those of poor and middle class.

In both of those areas he was a miserable failure. Time and time again, he leaned toward the so called plight of the African American by creating the Office of African American Education to meet the educational needs those children as though were the only students needing help. All children coming from disadvantaged homes could use the extra help and it is already be addressed through Title programs. So why were the African American students selected again for additional money and help AGAIN?

And of course the Professor Gates, the African American professor who created a stir to involve the president in a mistaken break-in reported by a neighbor when the professor refused to show his id while breaking into his own house. The president, who should not have been involved at all, chastised the police officer after the professor, yelled and carried on, spouting out "YO Momma.. and such to the white police officer when the officer followed protocol and asked for his ID.

Class warfare reach its heights when Obama called for more taxes, food stamps, free cell phones reached the highest percentage of the population the country could have ever dreamed. Obamacare was the first time citizens were forced to buy insurance against their will and more people in the country were on welfare than were paying taxes.

All administrations have their scandals but the Obama administration seemed to have more than their share. The IRS targeting Conservative Groups; Benghazi; Fast and Furious; Solyndra and other "Green Companies, selected by the administration for financial aid; administrative Czars that had Communist backgrounds; and Obama's own background questionable without records, mentors that were controversial and a political background that amounted to a very short stint as senator without any recognizable legislation.

We have far fewer allies than we did in 2007. The Middle East is a powder keg and we have supported the wrong regimes more than once. Even Britain does not return our phone calls.

All in all. Did this election of a weak leader cause the electorate to second guess a black man for POTUS in the future?

I personally hope not. One of the most important characteristics of a leader was overlooked when selecting this man. His integrity. His records were not available, we knew about his mentors, but did not take heed and we knew he had no knowledge of history or foreign affairs.

The only background he had was in the ghetto as a community organizer.

We got what we deserve. As American voters, we have a duty to pay attention to who we vote for. Pay attention and get involved. We have to stop paying attention to party and pay attention to the person. Let's stop making mistakes. We can blame Congress and the president, but we are the voters that put them there.

Has the Failure of the Obama Administration ruined the Chances for Black Candidates in the Future?

A great deal was riding o Barack Obama. Probably more so than on any other president. He was considered the first black president of the US and could make it or break it for countless others in the future.

Could future Black candidates win an election without a sizable number of white, and "other" ethnic voters? That is why, I believe Obama had to be a success. He had to transcend race divisions and class divisions, basically those of poor and middle class.

In both of those areas he was a miserable failure. Time and time again, he leaned toward the so called plight of the African American by creating the Office of African American Education to meet the educational needs those children as though were the only students needing help. All children coming from disadvantaged homes could use the extra help and it is already be addressed through Title programs. So why were the African American students selected again for additional money and help AGAIN?

And of course the Professor Gates, the African American professor who created a stir to involve the president in a mistaken break-in reported by a neighbor when the professor refused to show his id while breaking into his own house. The president, who should not have been involved at all, chastised the police officer after the professor, yelled and carried on, spouting out "YO Momma.. and such to the white police officer when the officer followed protocol and asked for his ID.

Class warfare reach its heights when Obama called for more taxes, food stamps, free cell phones reached the highest percentage of the population the country could have ever dreamed. Obamacare was the first time citizens were forced to buy insurance against their will and more people in the country were on welfare than were paying taxes.

All administrations have their scandals but the Obama administration seemed to have more than their share. The IRS targeting Conservative Groups; Benghazi; Fast and Furious; Solyndra and other "Green Companies, selected by the administration for financial aid; administrative Czars that had Communist backgrounds; and Obama's own background questionable without records, mentors that were controversial and a political background that amounted to a very short stint as senator without any recognizable legislation.

We have far fewer allies than we did in 2007. The Middle East is a powder keg and we have supported the wrong regimes more than once. Even Britain does not return our phone calls.

All in all. Did this election of a weak leader cause the electorate to second guess a black man for POTUS in the future?

I personally hope not. One of the most important characteristics of a leader was overlooked when selecting this man. His integrity. His records were not available, we knew about his mentors, but did not take heed and we knew he had no knowledge of history or foreign affairs.

We got what we deserve. As American voters, we have a duty to pay attention to who we vote for. Pay attention and get involved. We have to stop paying attention to party and pay attention to the person. Let's stop making mistakes. We can blame Congress and the president, but we are the voters that put them there.

No...absolutely not. However morons will be in trouble for some time into the distant future.

No...absolutely not. However morons will be in trouble for some time into the distant future.

That would be a good result. That means we learned our lesson.

There is no question that the Obama presidency has ruined the presidential chances of candidates like Herman Cain, Allen West and Ben Carson

Sad, just plain sad

Yes because all black people are alike!

Remember the republicans dont see skin color derpy derp

Last edited:
I believe he did

Especially one who runs on the Democrat party ticket

I think people will think twice after having to deal with this THUG

We should be more worried someone like Obama can dupe so many people and get elected President

Yes because all black people are alike!

Remember the republicans dont see skin color derpy derp

You can't paint any section of the country with the same broad bush, CC. That was precisely Obama's problem when it came to race.

Now go back and quote the OP and type that again

He had to transcend race divisions and class divisions, basically those of poor and middle class.

That was Obama's problem when it came to race. Why did he create the Office of African American Education? Is only blacks that are having difficulty catching up? Absolutely not! All children of different races and ethnicities...that doesn't matter. It's usually disadvantaged and those are covered under TITLE I. So why separate the black youngsters?????

Even advantaged children can have learning difficulties. That too, is covered under federal programs.

So? Why are you opposed to broad brushing while asking if no other black can be elected?

No. Democratic Party is controlled Black Caucus and people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Soon Democratic candidates be majority Black. Not racist, just stating the truth.

So? Why are you opposed to broad brushing while asking if no other black can be elected?

I see your point, but I am concerned that we may overlook viable candidates just by the color of their skin if people would "paint with a broad brush." For example, it's early but I am interested in knowing more about Ben Carson.

I don't know what I will find, or if I could endorse him, but if I could, I wouldn't want others to dismiss him because of Obama.

See what I mean?

No. Democratic Party is controlled Black Caucus and people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Soon Democratic candidates be majority Black. Not racist, just stating the truth.

The name, "Black Caucus" I find offensive. Where is the "White Caucus?" Why do we need a black anything?

When there is a Black Association, it is as if they feel they cannot be heard in an association of whites, so they have to have their own. Stand tall and be involved in an association that includes all people and be heard by all...not just your own.

That is why I would not be in an Association of just my own sex.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back